View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerhart STC
High Councilor

Awarded:

re: WOW Chapter Meeting Notes - November 5, 2020

Welcome to the November WOW meeting!!    

I greatly appreciate that all of you are taking time to attend this meeting. 

Shadowlands releases November 23rd and additional content next week on the 10th!!!!  I am so excited for the new content.  I know some people were surprised we started raiding again, but I felt it was needed with the lull in content and people not logging as often.  We stopped raiding in advance of the earlier release, and it really showed how much even doing some easy raids helped to get more players on-line.  End of expansion is always a hard time to coordinate to ensure we give time off for the BC's to take a meaningful break but also keep people busy if they would like to continue raiding/running mythics.  The other piece is that raiding really helped cement for some people which class or spec they were more interested in.  It is hard with reading changes to know how your class or spec is going to play.  Some of us are going to learn and play their Main no matter what, but others really do change based on what excites them.  This is something for me to keep in mind for future expansions.  

New Novices:

Flaskjaw

Minutia

Inductions:

Khepri (not in attendance)

Officer Induction:

None

Award Nominations:

None

Raiding:

The final raid of BFA is this Sunday at 8 pm.  Please sign up so that we know a little in advance who may attend. 

The biggest takeaway for me from raiding is that some classes and specs are going to get a little more difficult to play.  It is important if you are currently struggling that as more information is posted on Shadowlands and classes that you do some research.  With leveling and Covenant abilities, our classes and specs may play out a little different than they do now so do not be discouraged but please expect some sort of adjustment.  Covenants are going to play a role in damage and healing output and ability to tank.  Some will be a buff for raiding vs Mythic+ dungeons.  STC generally does not require everyone to min-max, but having some idea of the Covenants and their applicable buffs would be useful.  There is some time to think about this choice as Shadowlands Beta is tweaked.  I have admitted that I may run two different toons for different specs.  This may be a personal choice that others may also make.  The important thing is to work hard to improve yourself as you are all part of a team.  We only achieve success when we work together but also individually improve ourselves.   

Please look out for updated documentation on raiding requirements and rules.  It is anticipated that the raids will likely have close to 25 or more players so it is imperative that we work as a team.  We as a team struggled with making sure that we were gemmed and enchanted and had the proper amount of flasks and potions.  There are going to be other items as well including oils and armor kits that will be needed.  The BC's will lay out the requirements, and it is expected that all raiders come ready and prepared.  If anyone has any questions or concerns, please reach out to the BC team.   

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: