View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerhart STC
High Councilor

Awarded:

re: WOW Chapter Meeting Notes - May 2020

Welcome to the May WOW meeting.  Thank you all for attending this meeting.  

Warm weather is starting to make it's way to the northern areas.  I am sure some of you in southern regions have already been dealing with hot temperatures.  With the warm weather comes those outside activities.  It is not quite the spring that many of us expected but there's still the outside activities which keep some our players a little busier.  It appears that on those beautiful days members are enjoying the weather as seen occasional lulls in logins.  Many of us are stuck inside either at the office still or at home so being outside is a nice break.  Despite some lower activity, there is still a lot of activity on those days that we have a scheduled event - Mythic days or Raiding.  I encourage you as members to put an event on the calendar - maybe you want to chain run some horrific visions to improve your cloak or run an old raid for some pets, achievements, or transmog or maybe your doing some PVP.  If you are looking for other participants, please utilize the in-game calendar to help promote your event.  

With the release of the Alpha for Shadowlands, there is some excitement growing for the new expansion.  It is very early where we expect some changes in the classes and leveling.  I do not delve deep into too much info so that I can be surprised when I see the new areas.  In the coming months, the Officers will start posting some info so people can start to make decisions on their main and hopefully coordinate in preparation for the coming raiding.  This is something that I encourage people to think and talk about as the expansion comes closer.  

I do want to take this time to say to all of you that I hope you, your family, and friends are keeping safe and healthy.  

New Novices:

None

Inductions:

Ellna

Officer Induction:

None

Award Nominations:

None

Raiding: 

We continued our progression through Nya'lotha with a new kill on Carapace last night.  Honestly, the kill of Carapace was awesome.  It was not expected that we would make the jump from our first few attempts to a kill as fast as we did.  I know many raiders had been looking forward to this kill and N'zoth to come.  I know our raiders have worked hard to improve their gear through Mythic Plus and Titan Residuum.  In addition to gear upgrades, it appeared players came prepared having watched videos in advance.  I am looking forward to the raid on Sunday to see how far we can progress on N'zoth.  Please prepare for that fight the same way and let's get after it!  

I do not want to get ahead of myself, but after we do kill N'zoth, I would like some input on what people would like to do.  We we want to keep working on the harder bosses using previous available lockouts for gear?  Do we want to start up Alt nights to gear up our Alts?  Please do think of this.  I would like to keep raiding and doing events as long as people enjoy it.  If we do start up a Alternate Raid night, we will need to decide if we start with Normal or go straight to heroic.  Also, the BC's will need to decide minimum requirements.  We do not want to walk in with poorly geared Alts with low rank cloaks to have our head's bashed in, but we also do not want to make the requirements too onerous.  

Thanks to all of you for your hard work.  It has paid off in that we are progressing well through this raiding tier.  Hopefully we can push ourselves to a final kill on N'zoth soon!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: