Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peneloperose
High Councilor

Awarded:

re: Recent Influx of Novices

As I’m sure many of you have noticed, we have gotten a recent influx of novices in the past few weeks. Please do your best to welcome them and make them feel at home. Do your best to get to know our new members and include them in groups.

The recent surge of novices may cause things to run a little less smoothly in the next few weeks; we ask for your patience during this time of adjustment. Our BCs are working on a strategy to try and accommodate all our new raiders and evaluate them, but please talk to our BCs if you have any suggestions or concerns. (A list of our officers can be found at Chain of Command.) All our officers are doing their best to get to know our new members. We ask that you help us watch out for our new members and do your best to show them the kindness and teach them the values of STC. Please send me a private message through the website with any comments you may have on our novices. I want to hear the positive as much as the negative.

A large number of our new novices come to us from Phoenix Down. As I understand it, this guild has grown rather inactive recently and our novices coming from Phoenix Down are looking for a more social guild. They have had pleasant experiences while frequently grouping with several of our members and therefore decided to apply to STC. We hope that STC will be a good fit for them and we welcome them all. However, to make it easier for the existing members of STC to get to know them and to encourage them to group with us rather than only with one another, I have decided to limit the number of members who come to us from one guild during the same month. (This policy does not apply to Phoenix Down alone, but all guilds groups moving forward.) This means I will be postponing invites to additional former Phoenix Down members until September. I will, however, be inviting all applicants to join the STCchat channel as soon as they apply so please join this channel and use it as a way to get to know these future guild members.

Another challenge we face as our guild grows will be keeping our guild list manageable. Although an unlimited number of toons can be in a guild, the in game guild list currently cannot show more than 500. Currently our numbers hover between 450 and 500 and we have been booting inactive alts to maintain our numbers below 500. I want to warn you that we will occasionally be removing unplayed alts from the guild to make way for active alts; please do not be alarmed if you see us suddenly removing people from the guild. We ask that if you have any alts in the guild that you play infrequently please help us by removing these toons yourself. These alts can be reinvited to the guild at any time should you pick them up again. The STCchat channel is in place to help us communicate with unguilded alts.

Again, I thank you all for your patience as we try to accommodate everyone. As our guild continues to grow, so does our number of friends.

Last edited by Peneloperose on 2010/08/10 8:33; edited 3 times in total

Great post, Penny. Here's a quick macro you can use if you are playing an unguilded toon:

/who sanctus covenir

or

/who sanctus

This will bring up a window (if there are more than a couple people on) to tell you who in STC is currently online.

Khayman68

Welcome all the new Novices...

As one of the Battle Chancellors (BC) I would like to extend a warm welcome.

welcome to the new novices i look forward to meeting in game a grouping with you.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: