View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerhart STC
High Councilor

Awarded:

re: July 2022 WoW Chapter Guild Meeting Notes

July 2022 STC Guild Meeting Notes

Welcome Saints to the July 2022 WoW chapter guild meeting!  I have no idea where June went, but it feels like just yesterday we were celebrating Memorial Day.  It certainly has felt like July when stepping outside.

On the WoW front, congratulations to our raid team for killing Heroic Jailer last week, securing AOTC in the process!  That was an amazing accomplishment after only a few nights progressing on him.  We then were able to run back another Jailer kill on Sunday with a classic 10-player raid that harkens back to days past in WoW’s history.  I know there are a few people who were not in attendance at either kill, so I suspect we’ll be looking to kill him once or twice more before Season 4 begins.

Speaking of Season 4, we finally have a date for it to begin, and that date is August 2nd!  Season 4 is going to be unique in that it isn’t bringing with it a new raid or any new dungeons, but does seek to shake things up with a new coat of paint on previous content.  For raids, the three Shadowlands raid tiers will be scaled up to new item levels and adding mythic plus style affixes to add additional challenge.  Each week will feature a different raid, with a three week rotation until the season ends.  For mythic+, Blizzard is putting most Shadowlands dungeons on the shelf and dusting off some dungeons from the past.

There will be eight dungeons comprising mythic plus.  The only returning dungeons from Shadowlands will be both wings of Tazavesh, Streets and Gambit.  Joining them will be the returns of the BFA mega-dungeon, Mechagon Junkyard and Workshop, as well as the Legion dungeons Return to Karazhan, Lower and Upper.  Rounding out the dungeon pool, Blizzard is mythic plus-afying Grimrail Depot and Iron Docks from Warlords of Draenor.  These will come with a new season affix, Shrouded, as well as the usual item level bump.

The last bit of Season 4 news I wanted to touch on is that Valor and Conquest points will be reset when Season 4 launches.  Season 4 will have no Valor cap from the start and the cap for Conquest will be higher than most seasons, but everyone will start with 0 of each when the season starts.  You’ll want to spend as much of the currencies as you can on upgrades, crafting materials, or gear to send to your alts before August 2.

Looking further ahead, the next expansion, Dragonflight, has been getting a steady drip of news surrounding its release date and new features.  A few weeks ago the expansion became available for preorder with an expected release before December 31, 2022.  While many have been skeptical that a game which hasn’t even been released for public alpha yet will be ready in that time, the official word from Blizzard is that we will be in the new expansion before 2023, which is very exciting.

One of the major defining features of the expansion is a near total elimination of borrowed power systems in lieu of a return to RPG-style branching talent trees for each spec.  For those who don’t know, a borrowed power system is a system that makes our characters more powerful for an expansion but does not follow us to the next expansion, such as Covenants in Shadowlands, Corruption in BFA, and Artifact Weapons in Legion.  Blizzard has released early iterations of the talent trees for Death Knights, Druids, Priests, Rogues, and Hunters so far, which have calculators up on wowhead.  There is no shortage of WoW content creators with opinion pieces on these talents if you are interested in checking those out; keep in mind these are an initial cut that are garnering a lot of feedback, so I would expect many if not all of them to change in significant ways before Dragonflight launches.

Inductions

Lumintha

Hoodjr

Officer Update

I am pleased to announce that Stonehammer is going to be joining the WoW officer team as my Senior Chancellor, SC for short.  The SC is second in command on the WoW officer team, and he will be my right hand man to bounce ideas off and to provide another person you can go to on the officer team as necessary.  He and Delph are currently on vacation, but will be back shortly so we can congratulate him.

Raiding Update

When taking over as SBC I knew things would be a little tough at first. I only joined the officer team not long before this and still felt like I was catching up trying to get a feel of how everything ran and how everyone was feeling. Now that season 3 is coming to a close and we have a few jailer kills under our belt with just a few more people needing aotc, I feel that I have a better understanding and feel it's a good time to talk about what I want to do for the future.  I would like to ask anyone in the guild that is interested in being a member of the BC team to send me a tell in game or on discord or send me a mail message in game. I want to have a fresh BC team heading into Dragonflight and I want to use season 4 as a BC beta of sorts just to see how things go since season 4 is going to be much different than most seasons. I feel it will be a good time to talk to those interested and see how working with them will be.

Season 4 will consist of a different raid every week on a constant rotation in each of the 3 raids introduced in Shadowlands. Having those extra hands will be especially helpful because of this because we will never be fighting the same bosses again week after week. The plan IS to full clear the raids on normal at the start of the season and then switch to heroic as we get the achievement for downing each of them.

When Dragonflight rolls around then I will be picking 3 or 4 people to be part of the BC team rolling into the Dragonflight raids.

That being said I am really happy with how things have gone so far even with things starting out a bit slow, when we started to push for AotC full time I felt things went very well.

Once again I will just reiterate, if anyone is interested in being a member of the BC team just throw me a tell here in game or on discord or send me an in game mail and I will see how things go from there.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: