Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RavelinEisen
Novice

re: New FFXIV Novice

I am John, a 58 year old guy living in the Appalachians in North Georgia. My job is not demanding and my youngest son is 24, so other than taking care of my wife, I have lots of free time. I have been playing MMOs since 2003--including Everquest Online Adventures, Everquest II, LOTRO, Final Fantasy XIV, DC Universe Online, and Conan Exiles.

I only lasted for a year on FFXIV my first time around because I never found a community. Since I had been a member of a healthy cross-game guild since 2005, with scant drama and many long-time friendships, I knew there was a community for me out there, but I never found it. When my middle son started playing FFXIV last year, I decided I'd try again, and three members of my long-time guild joined up with me. After a couple of months, the other players' demands of family, jobs and other games reduced our FFXIV play to once or twice per month, at most--with a 3 month hiatus. So the experience became lonely again.

After trying to recruit members that were similar to us for a couple of months, I gave up. Then I saw the Community Finder ad for Sanctus Covenir. The long history and the venerable application process told me that these were my people. After being around for just a day, I think I was right. Those of you whom I have met are delightful--ready to talk about game experiences, work experiences, keyboard/mouse use styles, and about anything.

Other than gaming, I listen to podcasts and music and take care of my wife, whom I met at a D&D game in 1981 and married in 1984.

Gerhart STC
High Councilor

Awarded:

RavelinEisen,

Welcome to STC and thanks for a terrific post giving us your gaming history.  STC is currently in the process of building the FFXIV community and hopefully you are the first of many FF players to come into STC.  I hope that you find grouping easier now and if you have any friends or make any friends, please feel free to bring them along.

See you around!

Gerhart

RavelinEisen
Novice

The members have been great. People have been willing to group up, help, and be helped.

Feels like old home week.

Happiness is emotional habit.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: