View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerhart STC
High Councilor

Awarded:

re: WOW Chapter Meeting Notes - June 4, 2020

Welcome to the June WOW meeting.  Thank you all for attending this meeting.  

I want to thank all of the STC family who congratulated the raiding team last night.  While the Raiders were very happy with downing N'zoth, it was wonderful to also have the rest of STC recognize the hard work.  Thank you all who contributed mightily to the successful raiding tier.  There will be more raiding discussion below.  

I do not want to get too deep into the discussion of the outside world, but I do want to recognize that there is a lot of issues and that there is mental, physical, and emotional strain on all of us.  As I said in the past, we do not all come from the same backgrounds nor have all the same views.  Playing WOW for many of us is a way to get away and enjoy something like others read books or watch movies.  Sometimes our strains bleed into the game, and all that I ask is that we try our best to catch ourselves before we say/do something we may regret.  Again, we are all welcome to our opinions, and I do not want people to feel "quieted", but I try to keep STC a positive place for Saints to gather and hopefully relieve stress.  There are in-game frustrations from AFK PVPers or lag in the Vale of Blossoms, but in binding together and forging forward, it helps to make the bonds of Saints stronger.  

I do want to take this time to say to all of you that I hope you, your family, and friends are keeping safe and healthy.  

New Novices:

None

Inductions:

None

Officer Induction:

None

Award Nominations:

Finchiala

Duty Award - Awarded those that have proven that they value STC, its Values and most of all her People. They put the extra effort forth and donate their personal and in game time to help make STC what it is today. 

Finchiala has been providing several feasts at each raid he attends, quietly trading them to me.  Prior to discussion of Vantus Runes for the Heroic Nya'lotha Raid, Finchiala approached me indicating he was prepping runes for when we would need them.  After last Sunday's breakthrough, when discussion of Vantus Runes came up, Finchiala jumped at the chance to help out.  I am proud to present the Duty award to Finchiala for these reasons.  

Raiding: 

As I shared previously, N'zoth went down last night on Heroic.  This is a very cool achievement.  We pushed ourselves as a raid group and achieved something we had not often - an Ahead of the Curve (AOTC) kill in a raiding tier.  In previous raiding tiers, some players had to group up with PuG or other guilds to get this achievement.  It is very special to achieve it with the full raiding group.  The BC's had discussed a Progression Group as a last resort, and we are grateful that we did not need to implement it.  And just because it is a bit funny, we had a bad pull that we decided to push through, and that was the pull we killed N'zoth on. 

It was a month ago that we killed Carapace and while a month feels like a long time, we did also give ourselves a break with some Gearing Raids.  

So where do we go from here?  There has been some discussion in Discord about several options.  1. Normal raids for people to catch up.  2. Heroic raids for people to catch up.  3. Mythic Raids to see if we can kill a few bosses.  4. Going back to previous Raid Tiers, even expansions, for some Guild Achieves and some gear (Ashvane Mythic is always mentioned).

All of the above are on the table, but we also need participation.  If people want to stomp through some Normal kills while gearing up, Great!  If some would like a bit more of a challenge and need higher level gear, Heroic is the choice.  Mythic takes a commitment of 20 raiders, no more, really no less who are going to come and learn new mechanics.  Old raiding tiers - it depends on the content.  

My preliminary thought is running Normal Ny'alotha on Wednesdays and Heroic Ny'alotha on Sundays.  This allows us to gear up newer raiders and maybe attack some achieves for the mounts on Normal and then gear up more advanced Mains/Alts who want to min/max.  

All of this is dependent on what you, the raiders want to do.  Maybe there are some who still want the N'zoth kill since they came back late.  There is always the potential to do this, but it will take work.  Please speak up and let's coordinate!

Gerhart STC
High Councilor

Awarded:

re: WOW Chapter Meeting Notes - June 4, 2020

Follow-up from Lithanne:

For those weren't able to attend last night's guild meeting, I shared a few thoughts that I wanted to post here as well.

From start to finish, this was a successful raid tier for us. We had early success in Normal Ny'alotha, and made a quick transition to Heroic. Getting AOTC is big for us, and this was our second tier in a row. We started the tier by gathering mats for F.E.A.S.T.S., fishing, and farming spare crates in Mechagon. The guild helped each other in so many ways - Purrg and Sneedy with enchants, Stone with gems, Taralom and Fuldar with cauldrons, Quwalin and others collecting herbs, Amos with his Federal Reserve Bank quantity of runes, and many, many more. I'm sure I missed some contributors - and that's the point: everyone offered so much help, it was impossible to keep track. Thank you!

I also wanted to thank Gerhart for his leadership throughout the expansion. It's easy to forget that he pays to play this game for fun just like we do, and there's no rebate for dealing with all of us. Whether he was easing frustrations, watching videos, tracking assignments, motivating people, tactfully reminding us to do our part, or encouraging us to run one more Mythic plus to get someone else a weekly chest, Gerhart put in a lot of effort to keep STC active and to make it a great place to play.

Now that we accomplished one of our big goals, I know a lot of people are thinking about what else they want to work on. There are some players getting back to raiding, we've got some alt nights, and there's a steady group of us working on achievements and transmog. Thanks to everyone organizing groups and putting events on the calendar. Whether Mosho's PVP night, or Cellan's Mythic + nights, I have enjoyed seeing people step up to organize things.

In closing, everyone in STC has contributed to making this a fun place to be, and the people are great to play with. That's helped drive recruitment and new players, and it's awesome to see so many names - new, and new to me - popping up in Guild chat. Thanks for everything, and I'm looking forward to exploring Shadowlands with all of you!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: