View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerhart STC
High Councilor

Awarded:

re: WOW Chapter Meeting Notes - February 2020

Welcome to the February WOW meeting.  Thank you all for attending this meeting.  

Patch 8.3 came out on January 14th and has kept us busy, almost too busy, since then.  There is so much to do that it can feel a bit overwhelming.  What I would say is take a step back and remember this is a game.  You do not need to accomplish everything every day or drive yourself crazy doing so.  Yes, if you are a raider there are requirements, but the BC team has kept them reasonable.  We do this so that people can enjoy playing rather than endless farming.  If farming is your "jam", then by all means, please enjoy with all there is to do.  We will be farming/playing this expansion for some time to come so please try to enjoy it without feeling overwhelmed.  

If you are struggling with an aspect like the Horrific Visions, keep asking in guild chat for help.  At some point, people are going to have extra keys to help out other people.  Also, I feel they are more fun and enjoyable with a group, even easier as one person can help pick up another.  Do not be afraid to ask in guild chat.  People are going to be busy, but if they have time, they likely will offer assistance.  

New Novices:

Ironshield

Returning Member:

Reavos - long time member who predates many of the long-time members of STC.  

Inductions:

None

Officer Induction:

None

Award Nominations:

None

Raiding: 

Last night took down a new boss on Normal - Vexiona.  It was our second time seeing this boss and the first time with our more full raid roster.  The fight went very, very well and I want to offer Congratulations to our raiders.  We will continue to work our way through Normal until we have beaten the end boss.  I know some people are asking about Heroic, but I do think it is a little premature at the moment.  Also, when we do take on Heroic, people are going to need to be much more diligent about their research and know the extra mechanics.  It's important to make sure you DBM is working for each boss with a timer setup for key mechanics.  

Another item that I have mentioned multiple times at the beginning of raid.  If you are not gemmed and enchanted at the beginning of raid, then the raid leaders may remove you until you come back gemmed and enchanted.  Please do not make us do this to you.  It is your job to come to raid with gemmed and enchanted gear.  It is also your job to come with augment runes, flasks, potions, and backup food.  I have been somewhat lenient with this, but it is making other people "carry' those who are not doing their part.  We expect the same effort from all raiders so please do not let your fellow raider down by coming to raid without the necessary items and preparations.  

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: