View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerhart STC
High Councilor

Awarded:

re: WOW Chapter Meeting Notes - April 2019

Welcome to the April WOW meeting.  Thank you all for attending this meeting.  

With the release of the new Allied Races, we have seen some new Alts and some fun names popping up.  Also, we have seen a few new faces with the addition of a few novices.  Next Tuesday, April 16th, the Crucible of Storms raid will be released.  This is great in that it gives us additional options for raiding.  I have posted the available overview information on the two bosses in the raid.  Note that there were no official videos available so when we do go in, it may be a little blind.  We continue to have a great number of people participating in Mythic+ dungeons.  Please pay attention to guild chat and do not be afraid to speak up.  I know some people are gearing up for the first time and others are pushing themselves for higher item levels.  The groups can help achieve both and sometimes at the same time. 

With the spring coming, there are likely to be some changes in play schedules.  Official raiding (BC lead, open invite) is scheduled at this moment to two days a week, but that does not mean that members cannot use the calendar to schedule other events.  There can be old raids, PVP events, or other activities.  If anyone is interested in starting up an even and need some help, please just speak to an Officer.  Please do not be afraid to create events, though.   

New Novices:

Enk (Braggy)

Inductions:

Kimyanna, Polovax (if available)

Andros, Gahiji

Officer Induction:

None

Award Nominations:

Valor - Dwelknarr and SonofQ

Awarded for those that distinguish themselves in combat. These are the people that lead by example, being flexible and adjusting to the situation as necessary (switching to an offspec or character), by stepping up in times of need.

Both Dwelk and Son have stepped up recently in raiding. 

Dwelk has done a fantastic job of being an anchor for the ranged group as well as helping to call out mechanics.  He has provided assistance to the BC team in suggestions and adjustments and has really helped the team while doing a great job.  Also of note is that he has also switched roles when needed.  

Nate (Son) has been a great asset as both a backup tank and healer.  Without a second thought, he has switched role to the one the raid needs at that moment.  This has given us flexibility to continue to raid at a high level when we have some members out.  

Raiding:

Before I start my raiding discussion, I want to recognize the BC team for their efforts to keep running Mythic+, adjusting strats to take down bosses, reviewing combat logs, and keeping an overall positive attitude.  Without their leadership, STC would not be achieving what it has this raiding tier.  The members of the BC team include Queue, Quwalin (Q2), Stone, and Lithanne.  These raid leaders work behind the scenes to make hard decisions from switching out a character or adjusting a strat to fit STC.  I greatly appreciate this group and want to commend them for their hard work.       

The raid team has completed the all of the bosses of Normal Dazar'Alor at least twice with our second Jaina kill coming last night.  A few of the raiders who missed the first kill were able to see us successfully take down Jaina.  We are also working on the fourth boss of Heroic, Oppulence.  He has given us some fits, but the positive attitude brought to each attempt keeps us working hard. 

The next part is going to be repeat from last month's meeting notes:

A sensitive topic are raiding requirements - generally, we are an open invite raid provided you come gemmed, enchanted, and meet the minimum item level requirements.  As we reach harder and harder content, though, we have to start looking at minimum HPS and DPS requirements as we struggle to complete some bosses.  Currently, the BC's and I are reviewing the logs.  I should note that the logs are posted for all to see so you can compare yourself to other DPS/Healers as well as review your own performance.  Right now, we really need to shoot for 12k DPS and 10k HPS on boss fights.  If someone is struggling to meet these requirements, we will do our best to help you by providing information or pointing you to a source for good information, but we may ask you to sit out for the progression fights.  It's really a last resort.  If we do ask you to sit, we will continue to bring you for all other farm bosses and once we feel comfortable, will bring you for a kill on that boss.  Again, this is not our preferred method of progressing, but sometimes, the DPS/HPS requirements are too steep if we have even a couple of people who cannot meet the requirements.  If you have any questions, please see me or another BC.        

One tool I have found for analyzing your performance in a raid is https://www.wowanalyzer.com/ .  You can input the warcraft log into the analyzer and it will give you tips for improving your performance.  All of us can use CD's better, and it can help you to remember to keep up time on specific abilities.   It's not a perfect tool as it may not cover ever spec perfectly, but it is a tool to help you review your performance more in depth.  

Two specific items that we need to make sure everyone goes out and purchases/earns are battle-scarred augment runes and the current potions for pre-potting.  I know we have allowed the older Draenic pots to be used, but at the level we are raiding, we cannot do that.  For bosses on farm like the first 6 bosses on Normal, there is no issue using the cheaper pots.  Beyond that, though, we need to start using the current pots due to the significant DPS increase. 

Raiding food and flasks.  Please if you have mats to share or can make cauldrons or feasts, please put them in the raiding tab or collect in preparation for the new raid.  The new feast uses sanguicell which is soulbound, but we can hand out mats from the tab for people to make feasts and put in the bank.  If you're still fishing and collecting, we can still make the old feasts as well.  We appreciate any and all mats for current raiding food, flasks, pots, and health and mana potions.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: