Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chronomis
Bobbun
Saint

re: Rift Expansion Release Date Announced

The press release appears to have been a few days ago, but I just saw it today.  The second expansion for Rift, "Nightmare Tide" will be released on October 8, 2014.  The information may be of limited value to most Saints, since you would need to have played the first expansion (Storm Legion) to have reached level 60 and be ready to advance to level 65.  That said, both expansions are part of the free to play experience, and getting from 50 to 60 is pretty quick.

Information from Trion here:  http://community.riftgame.com/en/2014/08/27/rift-3-0-launches-oct-8/

Gerhart STC
High Councilor

Awarded:

Thanks for the update Bobbun!  I am sure there are some Saints who are interested!

Happeria

Yeah, thank you for the update.  Life is getting into swing here but I'm going to try to be on again soon :)

Just to follow up on this...  The game is free-to-play, and that includes the expansion.  However, that hasn't stopped Trion from offering collector's editions with additional perks.  More information here:

http://www.riftgame.com/en/nightmare-tide/collectors-editions/

Price points are $25, $50, and $150, with each higher tier including all the perks of the previous tier(s).  $150 seems quite an incredible price to me, for an expansion pack where the meat and potatoes of the content are free, but what do I know?  I have seen that legged shark mount in-game already, so unless it's available as a drop in the pre-expansion new raid content, someone evidently considers it worth it. 

The $50 pack includes a single character level boost to the pre-expansion level cap, much like the upcoming WoW expansion. 

Both the $25 and $50 versions include inventory expansions.  In the $25 it's to carried inventory, at the $50 level, bank inventory is added.  The description isn't clear to me whether the bank inventory expansion is a "shared bank", or simply receiving an extra bank slot across all characters.  Either would be nice to have, but clearly they're different things.

Chronomis
Bobbun
Saint

Just FYI for anyone thinking of logging in to Rift today and getting the new expansion (yes, I know that's hopeful thinking!), you might want to be aware that a two week delay was announced since my original post on the subject.  The new release date is October 22.  The expansion is currently available to play as an open beta, however, if anyone wants to look at it.

Emmika11

thanks dude i promise i will log on sometime this week.

Just to clarify in case there is any confusion: the game is free to play. So to play the expansion you really don't have to spend any money. In fact, all areas of the game are accessible and attainable without paying anything.

There are some benefits for having a monthly subscription (being a "patron") but that is not required.

You do not have to purchase on of the Collector Editions to jump in either.

The game does have a cash shop (and you can even sell credits that you buy to others) but it is not necessary to use it. There are some items that are useful there but about 99+% of it can be attained by free gameplay.

Maybe see some of you back in game soon (?). If you have other questions, post here (or in the Rift subforum). Probably either Bobbun or I can give you some kind of answer.

I am likely to be scarce in-game for at least a couple more weeks.  My mother has been in ill health for a while, which has been fairly draining.  This weekend that escalated some because she fell and fractured her hip.  She had hip replacement surgery Saturday and while she's expected to make a full recovery, she is not presently in a good state.  Long and short, gaming is going to be on a back burner most of the time for me for some time.

If I have time, I might install Rift on my laptop so I have more opportunities to check in.

Happeria

I hope your mother recovers quickly!  Keep us posted on your availability, I might be able to hop in and play soon.

OHH Brian...My thought and prayers are with your family.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: