View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerhart STC
High Councilor

Awarded:

re: May 2022 WoW Chapter Meeting Notes

May 2022 STC Guild Meeting Notes

Welcome Saints to the May 2022 WoW Chapter guild meeting!  I trust the weather has continued to improve for folks and you have been able to enjoy it.  Here in Indy it felt like we should be building an Ark last week with all the rain we had.  As we move into warmer weather, I will be trying to keep our guild meetings shorter, so people don’t feel chained to their computers as much.

On the WoW raiding front, we have made considerable progress in heroic.  The open raid team has killed 7/11 while the Sunday progression team has added an Anduin kill to the tally as well.  I am confident we’ll kill Anduin very soon with the open raid team with Rygelon and Lords of Dread kills to follow.  AOTC is not far off.

Touching on smaller group content, we’ve seen a huge step up with key completion and timing in the mythic+ space within guild groups.  We’ve always had a contingent of players who focus heavily on mythic+ who are timing 15s regularly, but now we’re starting to see more guild groups able to time +15s with higher frequency, which is awesome to see!  This is great to push up the item level in our vaults and possibly more importantly, ensure we keep having +15 and higher keys available to run!

One final point I wanted to touch on before getting into inductions is a callback to a post I made several months ago on perspective.  We have a wide variety of abilities and interests in the guild, and it’s one of the things that makes STC great.  With that diversity comes a lot of different perspectives.  While this is a big strength, it’s also one of our greatest weaknesses.  We have players eclipsing 3,000 Mythic+ score and players who are struggling to time +7 keys.  Please keep this in mind as we talk about how well we are doing or how poorly many of the players in your PUGs are doing.  I want us to celebrate accomplishments and have a laugh at the sometimes-silly things players do in the game, but we need to be mindful of how those comments and how we carry ourselves might be perceived by other Saints.  Oftentimes the first comment about a specific silly thing a player did will be fine, but the ensuing discussion which results in generalizing to a larger body of players is where the difference in perception from what you meant comes into play.  Again, this is not me trying to stifle discussion or inhibit fun, just asking people to consider the perspective of players who may not be in the same level of progression as you today.

Officer Updates

As we have seen some pretty significant growth in our ranks over the past few months, it’s become apparent that our officer team has been spread a bit thin for the number of Saints logging into the game.  In order to enable us to support all Saints, I am pleased to announce the raising of Lavacask to the position of General Officer.  Unlike the existing officers, he will truly be filling the role of a general officer, helping with all facets of guild management wherever the need is greatest at the time.  While initially I expect him to be most active in assisting the raid team, he will be dabbling in other areas as well.  Please help me congratulate him on accepting this new responsibility!

Raiding Update

As most if not all of you know, Hantzu has a busy work traveling schedule in May which will keep him out of WoW for a little while.  As a result, he will be taking a break from his SBC responsibilities until work calms down.  He was unsure of his schedule after May so this break may extend longer, and as he or I can share more details, we will.  In the meantime, the combination of myself, Gerhart, and Lava will ensure continuity in our raiding progress.  For now, any final raiding decisions will fall to me.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: