View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerhart STC
High Councilor

Awarded:

re: WOW Chapter Meeting Notes - February 7, 2022

February STC Guild Meeting Notes

Welcome Saints to the February 2022 WoW chapter meeting.  Since we’ve last met, we’ve seen significant cold and snow in many parts of the country, and I hope that all have managed to stay safe, warm, powered, and internet-ed.  For me personally, I sure did enjoy the snow a whole lot more when I didn’t have to shovel it.

On the WoW front, we’ve continued to see steady progress on Sylvanas with the full open raid, and the progression raid team notched another kill on her a couple weeks ago.  At the risk of sounding like a broken record, we need to make sure we’re keeping up with our consumables, including Veiled Augment Runes, Heavy Desolate Armor Kits, weapon oils/sharpening/weightstones, and whatever DPS increasing potion is best for your spec to pair with a big cooldown and/or heroism.  It may not seem like much, but when the entire raid is amped up with these consumables, the DPS difference is significant.

On the smaller group front, I would really like to get some form of guild-organized mythic+ program going again.  We’ve had mythic+ nights in the past, and while those always offered good fun and in some cases a chance for people to get timed keys at a higher difficulty, it was always very tough to organize and execute properly.  With different experience levels and goals, it was always tricky to form groups that could achieve what they wanted in the key.  Invariably what would happen is we would try to set up multiple even groups based on attendance, but that always resulted in all groups running a key around the same level, even though many in the group could and ideally would be running higher keys.  In some cases, certain groups had been unable to even finish the key depending on the level of experience people were bringing to the dungeon.  Whenever there was not an even multiple of 5 looking for a similarly-sized key, many Saints were disappointed with the outcome.  I welcome any suggestions on how we can run such a program better than we have in the past.

Outside of groups, we’ve seen a steady stream of news about patch 9.2 and even the announcement of a patch 9.2.5.  No, there is no release date on either, which is probably the biggest piece of news for both.  I will avoid spoilers of the new content, but I will say that there are a couple significant system changes coming in patch 9.2 and it may affect how you want to go about gearing your character.  Similar to with shards of dominations in 9.1 (have I mentioned I hate that system?), planning out which slot to put your legendary pieces on will be valuable.  As usual, there is no requirement for you to do so to raid or run dungeons with other Saints, but it may help make your gearing as we get into the new content easier and more enjoyable.  In case you didn’t know you can get the full soul ash and soul cinder cost back on any legendary you’ve previously crafted by talking with the Runecarver; you won’t get the base piece or missives back so you will need to bring fresh instances of those to make your new legendary/new slot, but at least you can avoid having to grind Torghast to get the currency as well.

Inductions

Xenocide was inducted to full Saint during the meeting. Belixe was inducted prior to the guild raid on 2/8/2022.

Awards

Kenshunter was awarded the Duty award. This is awarded those that have proven that they value STC, its Values and most of all her People. They put the extra effort forth and donate their personal and in game time to help make STC what it is today. Ken was awarded this recognition for providing feasts and cauldron mats routinely, even as early as when he was a novice.

Raiding Update

Based on the recent survey of Saints, Mythic raiding and AOTC is still top of the priority list for folks. That is where we will put our focus. Additionally, we still are struggling with attendance during our Sunday night raids, and we encourage people to sign up for those raids.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: