View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerhart STC
High Councilor

Awarded:

re: WOW Chapter Meeting Notes - August 9, 2021

Welcome to the August WOW meeting!!    

Thank you all for attending this meeting.  

I am sorry for not posting in-game or following up with a second reminder in Discord earlier.  It's been a bit of a busy time at work.  I am impressed to see so many Saints playing so often, participating in Discord together as well.  I would welcome some feedback whether through Discord generally or in private regarding how things are going.  How's raiding going for you?  How's grouping?  Are you enjoying the new content?  Is Korthia getting old or are you enjoying help Popo every day?  

From my perspective, the raiding teams have been very successful.  Open has nearly completed Normal with a wipe under 5% on Kel'thuzad last week and hopefully pushing Kel'thuzad and maybe even Sylvanas shortly.  Mythic beat Heroic Painsmith and is working on Guardians and potentially starting work on a Mythic boss soon.  Congrats on all those kills and working very hard to push the team while also having fun.  

The Guild Bank is fully stocked for raids and that's great.  The raids are set for a while with feasts.  Thanks to Kensei for coordinating.  I also want to thank all those who have contributed either with gold, mats, and in-game time to support.  It's great that we come together as a community and support one another!

Turn it over to Dzy for Novices: 

New Novices:

Zorwick

Inductions:

Dippindotz

Ghorfindor

Moosk

Ox

Kelenin

Dakroz

Officer Induction:

Khepri - SA, She will be assisting with the Final Fantasy team so having her learn the ropes now is important.  

Vosagas - BC, He is being recognized for his contribution to raiding and also to learn the ropes to assist the current BC Team.

Dwelk - I want to take this moment to thank Dwelk for his service as a BC for STC.  He will no longer be an Officer as he has been fairly inactive in his BC duties.  Dwelk, will continue to serve as a Chapter Advisor as all current HC do and assist the Officer team as needed.  Also, we all know that Dwelk has contributed mightily to the setup of Discord.  A huge thanks to Dwelk for your service.  

Award Nominations:

No award nominations were received, but I would like to recognize all of the efforts of our members 

Turn it over to Fuldarr for his update:

Raiding:

Evening everyone.

I want to start by congratulating everyone so far with our raid progress. As of right now, as a guild we are 8/10 on normal and 6/10 on heroic. That is super super impressive, and everyone should be proud of that after only a month or so of the raid opening. Last week the open team made so huge strides at Kel’Thuzad, with our final pull getting him down to 3%. Shout out to Qontrol and others with their strat suggestions that got us that far. For this coming week we will be starting a fresh normal run, to give everyone a big push in GV gear and raid drops. Depending on how this week goes, the following week I would like to see us push through Kel’Thuzad and hopefully also finish Sylvanus to then make the venture up to heroic. It will take more refined strategy and gear to gain some traction in heroic so make sure if you are coming to open nights, prepare yourself accordingly as the requirements to attend will be adjusted if we do make that leap. Mythic team finally got down probably the toughest boss in the raid, Painsmith. Excellent work! The team are hoping to get a couple more bosses dead in heroic tomorrow and going to be taking their very first peak on Mythic Tarragrue this week as well! Very exciting, good luck to you guys, I’m sure that big dope will be dead in no time.

I want to also congratulate Vosagus on joining the officer team as a BC. Vos you have been a great asset to STC with your positive energy and great attitude especially when it comes to raiding, really glad to have you and look forward to many more adventures.

I would also like to take a moment to talk about Mythic + dungeons. As a guild, we have very casually on most Friday nights, and nights closer to weekly reset, been attempting to put people together to successfully tackle M+ keys. I think we’re running to a bit of a snafu, similarly to when we were having tense raiding nights in Natheria. To be blunt we have two camps that have competing goals right? We have people who want to tackle M+ at a high level with little chance of a failed key time while also getting rewards and building their RaiderIO, and we have people who take a more casual approach and really just want to get some GV slots, potential gear upgrades and just grouping to have fun, and if the timer isn’t completed, that’s ok too. I would like to help bridge this gap. For those who actively do M+ content, my suggested solution would be to come together and figure out a way where everyone’s play time is valued. So I’m hoping with this, that there is someone would like to officially organize and coordinate a weekly M+ night for the guild. This is going to require more than cobbling together random groups and see what keys they can potentially knock out. This will mean potentially keeping a possible spreadsheet of what keys are available, which of those keys people are willing to not time. What is the intention of each person running the M+, there are lots of factors. Not to name drop again, but Qontrol has offered in the past to organize something regarding this, wanted to make sure that was recognized. So, if organizing this is something anyone would be interested in and passionate about, please send me a DM so we can continue that discussion further. I only encourage everyone to be part of the solution, and if you can spare the time, help your fellow guildies in need.

Final Fantasy:

Finally, I would just like to briefly mention we have started a minor chapter in FF14 and are really hoping to get that chapter officially sanctioned. I think the health and longevity of STC depends on us branching outside of WoW, so hopefully that gets the ball rolling! So, if you have interest in the game, DM me as well, we are on the Behemoth server

That’s it for me.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: