View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerhart STC
High Councilor

Awarded:

re: WOW Chapter Meeting Notes - June 29, 2021

Welcome to the July WOW meeting!!    

Thank you all for attending this meeting.  

I know it's still June but tomorrow brings the long awaited patch 9.1 and since people will want to get their hands on the shiny new toys, I wanted to have the meeting before the patch to not impact play time.  There is so much to do starting tomorrow and the week after that it's just so exciting.  A new zone, lots of changes, updates to classes and legendaries, and a raid and new mythic dungeon in a week.  There have been a significant amount of posts on the updated content so I will let you go and explore and chat away regarding that.  I just wanted to give you all an update on the other items happening in the guild.  Fuldarr provided me notes as he is away, but he's excited to get this next raid tier going.  Here's hoping that patch day is quick and seamless, and we can start enjoying the new content ASAP!!!   

Guild Banner:

For those who may not have been at the previous Guild meetings here is a little background - the GP and HC were contemplating an updated banner for the website with the 25th anniversary for STC approaching.  Thus, Dzy and I were tasked with a Guild Banner contest.  The deadline for entrants was June 4, 2021.  The rewards - if the GP and HC like the banners that have been entered, a gold reward of 50,000 WOW gold.  If the banner gets uploaded on the website it would receive 150,000 WOW Gold.   

The High Council received three entrants for the Guild Banner contest.  The pictures will be presented in the meeting notes (below).  Before we get to the winner, I would like to talk about the other entrants. 

Banner: Colkor

The HC appreciate that the hand sketch of a banner.  There some potential, but it is unclear how exactly this would look.  We appreciate that there was some thought given by Colkor and reward him 10,000G for just submitting this preliminary idea.  

Banner: Meesha

The HC appreciates that Meesha submitted a banner design.  The look is not quite what the HC was looking for but appreciate Meesha's visual representation.  Meesha receives 25,000G for submitting the design. 

Winner: Jethaya

The HC felt that this banner was very, very well thought out and the use of the bronzed shield really caught the eye.  The one issue the HC had with it was that it was not symmetrical and thus would not look balanced on the website.  It's a wonderful looking banner, though.  Jethaya won the banner content, but he has indicated that there should be a random roll in the guild meeting for the 100,000G reward.  While it is not getting updated on the website, this is a banner that represents STC very well.  

Qontrol won the random roll with a 100 with two others receiving 98's.  Qontrol graciously indicated he would give out 2,000G to each person in the guild if you asked him for it.  

Above is what the HC formulated based on Jethaya's banner suggestion.  The HC has limited ability to modify the banner and would like some updates if someone is graphically inclined (see below):

Bronzed color of shield applied to lions and STC symbols on the end.  Edit the text to say "Since September 1997" (fills out space better).  Outline or border for the top and bottom of the banner, currently a rope.  We are open to alternative to rope, though.  Change to "25+" in the shield (so it does not need an update later).

If there is someone who can apply the above changes, we will provide a 100,000G reward for the updated banner which will be uploaded to the website.   

New Novices:

Ghorfindor (Alex) - Hello post - https://sanctuscovenir.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12082310&gid=142626

Dippindotz - Hello Post - https://sanctuscovenir.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12082398&gid=142626

Dakroz - Hello Post - https://sanctuscovenir.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12082266&gid=142626

Rezanna

Kellenin

Inductions:

None

Officer Induction:

Hantzu has been raised to be a BC.  Unfortunately, he is not here but hopefully Hantzu is enjoying his vacation.  

Award Nominations:

There could be a ton of rewards given.  The below recipients went above and beyond just being contributing members of STC.  I would like to say, though, that just recognizing the below Saints does not indicate that there are not a significant number of Saints who always are willing to help.  It's that sense of contributing to community that makes STC as great as it does.  

Dwelknarr - Duty Award

Awarded those that have proven that they value STC, its Values and most of all her People. They put the extra effort forth and donate their personal and in game time to help make STC what it is today.   Dwelk made a significant sacrifice of time and effort to implement the changes to the Discord server including a significant time over a weekend.  

Qontrol - Valor Award

Awarded for those that distinguish themselves in combat. These are the people that lead by example, being flexible and adjusting to the situation as necessary (switching to an offspec or character), by stepping up in times of need.  Qontrol showed not only that he was a tremendous player but also that he exceeded in raid preparation.  He would switch to whatever toon was needed at a time.  

Hantzu - Sacrifice Award

Part of what makes STC what it is, is the sacrifices made by others in multiple facets. Such facets include, time, crafting materials, passing on loot that is a bigger upgrade for others than themselves, teaching, helping run guild events.   Hantzu has put forth significant effort to help people get their M+5 dungeons and higher and teaching those in his runs how to improve.  He's also offered additional support for UI's and to look at logs to assist others as much as he can.  

Raiding:

From Fuldarr:

Hi all!

Apologies for not being here today, I'm soaking up some much needed sun, So I will keep it brief! First off I would like to recognize Hantzu as our newest addition to the BC team and in effect the Officer team as well. Hantzu has been incredibly helpful not only in helping coordinate our first real foray into Mythic raiding but also helping his fellow saints run keys, fix their UI and plethora of other things. Very happy to have him on board. Give him an STC welcome!

Second, we FINALLY have the next raid tier hitting next week. Open Team! As it stands right now, I will be leading us into the Sanctum of Domination. Ideally, another BC would be taking the reigns of this team and with the help of the other raiders, come up with and construct a schedule and goals. But the position has yet to be filled! SO! If you have interest in raid leading or being BC, I'd love to hear from you! In the meantime we will be starting in Normal difficulty, and the plan is if we stomp all over those first few bosses, we make a full stop and start in heroic, just like with the previous tiers. Requirements for the Open Team will be posted once we have a better idea of what we're looking at!

For the Mythic Team! We still have some spots available and the team have been making a great push to recruit some more folks for both teams. Thank you to Dakari and all the others on the Mythic team who are generating that excitement. If you have interest in the Mythic team, again please reach out to myself or Dakari. Dakari do you have anything you would like to add?  Dakari indicated that there are several spots that are open and also bench spots.  If you have interest, please do reach out to Dakari!  

That's really all I have. Anyone have questions for me? 

I'd like to turn it over to our MG Kensei for any updates regarding mats and consumables.  Kensei indicated the Gatherthon is going strong until July 13th.  Please send those mats to his toon stccontest.  Also note that there are significant prizes to be won.  

I will see you all in Korthia!

Mythic+ Tourney - Glibmute

Tournament website - Week of 6th to 13th to help with gearing and getting to know new members.  3 to 5 members for the teams.  Sign-up link in Discord.  

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: