View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerhart STC
High Councilor

Awarded:

re: WOW Chapter Meeting Notes - June 2, 2021

Welcome to the June WOW meeting!!    

Thank you all for attending this meeting.  

As I have said in the past, please remember there is a person behind that character you see on the screen.  They have feelings and while you may not agree all the time, please take note how you treat them.  Also, please do not think that someone is not listening to your concerns when they disagree.  We can have opposing opinions and that's ok.  That's what the Officers try to do is to gather all of your opinions and try and fit your needs the best we can.  We do this with questionnaires to give some anonymity with open ended questions at the end of guild meetings and by personal conversations.  Even then, some will still not share.  That's unfortunate because we leaders strive to give you all a voice.  Again, we may not implement everything you want (or for a fact, what the Officers would want), but you can feel like you are listened to.  If you have an expectation for a result that is going into a discussion close minded.  We need open minds and that's exactly the process that was implemented that Fuldarr will discuss shortly.  There is no perfect solution, but maybe we can work together to make something work that fits as many of our needs as we can given so many different people.  I ask that you keep an open heart and mind and trust that the Officers continue to serve you and work for you.    

Let’s take STC to a positive future with 9.1 and beyond.  I will continue to do my best, all I ask is for that in return.

Guild Banner:

There are currently two entrants for the Guild Banner contest.  As noted in the last meeting, the deadline is June 4, 2021.  If the GP and HC like the banners that have been entered, we will provide a monetary gold reward of 50,000 WOW gold.  If the banner gets uploaded on the website it will be 150,000 WOW Gold.   If you have any questions or need one of the banner jpgs to build off of please let Dzy or me know.  Please send all designs directly to Dzy. 

New Novices:

Inductions:

Officer Induction:

Award Nominations:

None 

Raiding:

I would like to turn it over to Fuldarr, the new SBC. 

Good evening Everyone

First Thanks to Gerhart for his hard work and dedication being both LP and SBC for so many years, the success and longevity of STC is no doubt attributed to his leadership, I’m really proud and excited to be the new steward of the SBC role, hopefully I don’t screw up too bad. Second, thanks to all of you, every single one of you who has conbtributed to STC or the discussion of STC’s future along the way. To play an MMO with a group of people this eclectic and diverse is really exciting. It’s my job to set the tone of STC’s raiding environment, so without further ado

On to the raiding news. Some early whisperings on the internet suggest that we still might have a little to wait before 9.1, looking like possibly the end of June. In the meantime, I would like to fulfill the goal we made to get everyone AOTC for 9.0, I know some of you don’t care about it or want it, which is also fine, but for those who do, (I know some of you) please remind me and I will make sure we form groups to get the job done. Look forward to those Sire runs occurring Tuesdays and Thursdays for now. Sunday’s going forward I would really like to continue our Sunday Funday’s. So I will continue to post Achievement runs for raids and alt runs until our focus shifts to 9.1. Please sign up!

On May 18/19th ish, I asked a few of our non-officer raiders to get together and iron out an idea for the future of STC raids. They took points from much feedback and couple of proposals and provided me with a very detailed and succinct list of recommendations, of which I believe all will be implemented in someway shape or form.

We will be re-structuring our raids to include two distinct teams, our familiar Open team, and a Mythic team

While the entirety of the BC team is still being finalized, Dakari will be the BC leading the Mythic team. The BC's of both teams and myself will be working closely together to make sure that both teams are set up for success and that the goals of each team are met. This will include weekly meetings with ourselves and a few minutes after each raid with all of you to discuss our flaws and successes of the night.

As a guild, I'd like our new raid nights to be Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, with the Open team raiding Tuesday and Wednesday, and the Mythic team Tuesday and Thursday. The Tuesday overlap will hopefully lend to the two teams being able to assist each other if needed, while the separate second nights can be focused on progression. The raid times will be set by both team leaders based upon the needs and wants of each team. Tuesday Wednesday Thursday we're chosen based off of the feedback Dakari received a couple months ago. If this has changed, please come to me as soon as you can incase we need to adjust those nights before the 9.1 launch.

Regarding the old PtM group. We are well aware of the turmoil the formation of the group created before now and we hope that everyone can start on a fresh slate going into Mythic raiding for 9.1 and beyond. Requirements for the team will be updated and a new rubric will be made available by Dakari shortly. I would like to make this point loud and clear, we are wiping the slate clean. If you think you have what it takes, please talk to Dakari or myself about joining. Try-out raids will be happening for evaluations. 9.1 is going to bring massive changes to classes and specs, a new meta will inevitably come out of those changes, so everyone will be back to square one. There are limited spots as well as bench slots that are available but this team will be pugging if the spots cannot be filled according to the performance requirements that have been established. The team won't be starting immediately in Mythic, but it will be a focused determined push to get there and as you all know, Mythic raiding is not easy, and it takes dedication to really succeed, but there is a path forward if being on the team is what you want, please speak up!

Let’s switch gears to the Open team! This team will be nearly identical to our usual open raids, with the goal of promoting a positive, laid back raid environment with the pace set by the BC leader and the rest of the raiders. Just want to plow through normal and get into heroic? Great! Is AOTC the goal? Awesome! Sky is the limit. Requirements for this raid will be set by the BC once they have been chosen and will be open to everyone in the guild so long as those requirements are met and we don’t go past hard cap of 30! And even if we do hit that, we will figure it out as we always do! I don't want there to be misconceptions about this group, this is the core of STC. Fostering that fun, goofy and often challenging environment has been a contributing factor to STC being around for as long as it has, and that certainly isn't going to stop here. Tired of my popsicle jokes? Too bad. 

Side note, Alts and Mains! Well, because of the two distinct raid teams, I will be allowing raiders to choose a main toon for each team. This can be the same toon if you aren’t an alt fanatic, but hopefully this will allow some more flexibility with raiders to play more alts if they so choose. If you aren't going to be joining the Mythic team, I ask that we continue making sure we have a main character selected, and if you are an alt-a-holic and want to play another toon, please ask myself or the Open team BC ahead of raid time to make sure it will work within the raid. Making sure we have the necessary tanks and healers to actually form the raid can be a real pain in the petunia 10 minutes before raid time. 

Now for something completely new, well sort of! Raid mats! They’re expensive and it takes forever to gather them. To anyone who has sat and fished for hours, or killed the same boars for hours just to make a few feasts for the evening, you are all rockstars. But it’s time to really up the ante. I’d like to introduce a new role to STC, the Master Gatherer, and it’s first steward Kensei. Kensei will be working with representatives from the two raid teams to establish weekly and monthly games and events within the guild to fill our guild bank with raid materials and monitor our stock levels within the guild bank. Raiding is a team effort, and with Kensei's help, we can turn gathering raid mats into a more rewarding and fun activity for the guild to participate in.

Lastly, the goal of creating two distinct raid teams is to give us the opportunity to foster everyone's method of fun. This is going to be new, and this is going to come with growing pains. There might be nights where both teams can't even fill their raid, and that might lead to pugs. That's ok. We want to grow our family, not just through raiding, but through new ventures and experiences that maybe we haven't fully explored in STC. The sky really is the limit. Reach out to the un-guilded player base out there, tell them what we're all about. I have droned on long enough. Thanks for your support and look forward to seeing everyone in 9.1 and beyond.

Cheers and Woooo! 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: