View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerhart STC
High Councilor

Awarded:

re: WOW Chapter Meeting Notes - December 5, 2020

Welcome to the December WOW meeting!!    

I greatly appreciate that all of you are taking time to attend this meeting.  I do not want to take too much time as everyone wants to get back to farming reputation and gear.  I do, though, want to update everyone regarding novices, raiding requirements, and just check in with all of you. 

For those who are new to STC in the beginning of the expansion, I want to make sure you know the guild structure within WOW and others who you may see have a Title.  As you are aware, I am the LP, the guild leader in WOW and Lithanne is the second in command.  Lith can, in my absence, make important decisions on my behalf.  Dzy is the Lady of Saints and covers recruitment with Meesha as her second in command.  The LoS and MoS do more than just recruit, they are the player ambassadors who are great resources for information or if you have an issue.  I am also the SBC, the leader of Raiding activities within WOW with battle chancellors - Lith, Dwell, and Fuldarr.  If you are interested in raiding, these are your best resources.  There is a level within the Guild call Chapter Advisor - these are not typically official Officers of the WOW Chapter.  They are typically High Council members of STC or long-term members given special privileges to the guild bank and invite potential members or Alts.  Just a note about the guild bank, you receive additional permissions by having an authenticator attached to your account.  The Authenticator protects STC's assets in the guild bank. 

One request I have for Discord is that you consider changing your nickname on STC's server to your main or a name that is easily recognizable as you.  This is important as we try to keep the Discord server clean and organized.  Just a reminder that if you want a fully private discussion, there are Private Channels.  Also, if a Group is busy in an activity in one of the Group Channels, please announce yourself and know that the group may request less chatter to be able to focus on their task.

New Novices:

Avigayil

Asea

Hantzu

Inductions:

Khepri

Flaskjaw (not present)

LadyMis (not present)

Officer Induction:

None

Award Nominations:

Netheri

Netheri has been awarded the Duty Award which is awarded to those that have proven that they value STC, its Values, and most of all her People. They put the extra effort forth and donate their personal and in game time to help make STC what it is today. 

For the last weeks of BFA, Netheri was constantly pulling people in to run Mythic Dungeons and generally grouping people up to keep people busy and connected.  The Officers recognize Netheri's efforts to keep STC grouping and connected and greatly appreciate his willingness to tank or heal for the group and do whatever dungeon the group felt comfortable doing.  Thank you so much for all of the time and effort you put forth for STC.

Raiding:

Normal and Heroic Castle Nathria raid opens on December 8th with STC's First Raid night scheduled for December 9th.  Please sign up on the website to let us know who your raiding Main Toon and and preferred spec and alternate spec.  If you do not have an alternate spec but an alternate toon instead please provide that.  The point of the BC's requesting information on raiding toons is to be able to determine the number of tanks and healers so we can advise raiders if we have too many.  Generally, we do not tell players to play a specific spec, but we have requested some raiders switch from melee to ranged on particularly boss fights (if they have a viable spec).      

Based on the feedback received so far, it appears raid nights will continue to be Wednesday and Sunday nights from 8 to 10 pm.  We typically have a 10-minute break around 9.  I know there may be concerns with how quick this first raid is in relation to the release of the expansion and that some raiders may not have the item level of 165 minimum for the first raid.  There is no rush to be raid ready.  We will be farming the raid for months.  There are may people who are both geared and not geared for the first raid.  I myself am going to miss plenty of raids due to night-time work commitments.  Enjoy the game and we will see you when you make it for raid.  STC's raid leaders explain fights and we update strats for new raiders and additional raiders.    

For all raiders, new and returning, we please ask you to review two items

Raiding Rules & Guidelines https://sanctuscovenir.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6144051&gid=142626 and in the Discord Channel

These are the general raid guidelines of STC with some general information on raids within WOW.  These have been in place since 2010 and serve as the backbone of STC's raiding.

Raiding for STC's Raiders https://sanctuscovenir.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12067310&gid=142626

This is an overview of the BC's requirements for WOW Raids with additional detail on gear and enchants, consumables, tips, etc.  Please read through.

Mats/Assistance for Legendaries

Several of our players have already reached maximum on professions and are willing to help craft legendary gear.  If you have the ability to craft missives, enchants, or gear, please let us know.  Off the top of my head, Dakari/Meesha have cloth, Dakari has enchants, Quwalen/Finch have missives, Colkor leather and mail items, Gerhart and Stone BS items.  There may be more as well.  We will pool together resources to help everyone get their legendary.  I recently posted a video on crafting legendary items for additional detail.

Mats for Feasts

If anyone has materials available for crafting feast, please feel free to drop in the Raiding Tab of the Guild Bank.  Initially, we are going to utilize the old feasts to use them up.  In addition, with new content, we would prefer to save the mats which are harder to come by for the future.      

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: