View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerhart STC
High Councilor

Awarded:

re: WOW Chapter Meeting Notes - March 2020

Welcome to the March WOW meeting.  Thank you all for attending this meeting.  

I am very encouraged by the recent addition of Mythic nights on the calendar by Saints.  I have also seen a lot of chatter in Guild Chat for Mythic+ and Vision groups, and it is great that so many are speaking up.  In my opinion, attacking the content with fellow Saints is a lot more enjoyable.  That's not to say that PuGs do not have their place.  There have been many buffs and nerfs to Horrific Visions making the content a bit more accessible to those who mainly heal or tank.  There have also been changes to the many different corruptions.   

I will reiterate what I said at the last meeting, if you are struggling with an aspect like the Horrific Visions, keep asking in guild chat for help.  At some point, people are going to have extra keys to help out other people.  Not just that they can be enjoyable with a group, but a bit easier as one person can help pick up another should there be a mistake.  Do not be afraid to ask in guild chat.  People are going to be busy, but if they have time, they likely will offer assistance.  

New Novices:

None

Inductions:

None

Officer Induction:

None

Award Nominations:

Colkor/Cellan

Duty Award - Awarded those that have proven that they value STC, its Values and most of all her People. They put the extra effort forth and donate their personal and in game time to help make STC what it is today. 

Colkor has recently been offering buff food for the Horrific visions as well as to heal/tank/dps for any Visions and Mythic+.  Colkor has even offered to help some of us less capable PVPers to up our rating.  It is his sense of assisting the community that has earned him this award.  I am proud to present the Duty award to Colkor for these reasons.  

Fuldarr

Valor Award - Awarded for those that distinguish themselves in combat. These are the people that lead by example, being flexible and adjusting to the situation as necessary (switching to an offspec or character), by stepping up in times of need.

Fuldar is being recognized for his contributions to the raid team for his taking control of his "soccer" team during the Xanesh fight.  Also, Fuldarr has offered to assist by tanking Mythic+ runs if needed.  It is for these contributions to STC's raiders that I present the Valor Award to Fuldarr.

Raiding: 

We have been continuing to progress through Heroic Nya'lotha with a new kill on Dark Inquisitor Xanesh.  We also tried our hand at Vexiona with some practice runs for future raids.  The Xanesh kill is great because it is a frustrating fight which requires specialized movement and luck at times with the obstacles making the soccer game much harder.  The teams came together and adjustments were made, and the first kill was very satisfying.  Just last night we made some progress on the Hivemind fight after taking Xanesh down again.  The Hivemind fight is going to test our raid awareness - moving from poison, avoiding the roley-poleys, switching to the big Add, and focusing on a particular boss.  I was impressed with the progress made in one night and just a few attempts.  Hopefully we can get Hivemind on Sunday and then work on Shadhar. 

This brings us to some comments I have received about not having enough practice on the later bosses in Normal.  We have not completed Normal so we have no experience on the last two bosses.  This could help and hurt us - help by not making us complacent and used to Normal only mechanics and hurt us because we have little exposure to any mechanics.  I have felt that progressing through Heroic with getting additional upgrades was helpful to our overall progression, but I am open to other ideas.  We have a good amount of time to play this content so there is no rush.  What are YOUR thoughts?

Some points that I want to make in regards to length of time spent in Heroic.  In Eternal Palace, we spent 3 months working to complete the Heroic version of the dungeon with 54 pulls of Queen Azshara and two kills.  So far, we have downed four bosses in Ny'Alotha, and we only started Heroic on February 16th.  So three weeks into the dungeon, and we are progressing well.  We also have not gone to just a progression pull system where we start with the last boss and push and push until we get it down.  If you, the raiders, would like to do more of that method, we certainly can.  

Keep working on those cloaks and Hearts of Azeroth.  Keep running those Horrific visions and upgrading the cloak.  Rank 12 on the cloak is a significant buff, and it recently got buffed additionally by Blizzard.  Just a note that the majority of our 21 main raiders have a cloak Rank 11 or above.  Thank you all for working hard!  With the recent changes to Coalescing Visions, it has gotten a bit easier to catch up.  If you are looking for a group, just speak up.  Many people are already working on progressing with a mask or two and some have completed full clears with multiple masks.  It is certainly challenging content so if you need help or just some pointers, please ask.  As for the Hearts (necks) all of our main raiders have achieved a level 75 and several have already progressed to 80 and beyond.  Also, do not forget about getting upgrades from Titan Residuum.  It only takes 900 Residuum to buy a Heroic level Azerite piece.  If you are running M+ each week and maybe getting lucky from the rare Residuum mission, you can get a piece every couple of weeks.  Keep working on your gear as it will help you as well as the raid team.  Last, please keep working on level 3 of those essences.  Some of them come from PVP, some from Raiding, and others from Reputation.  I know it takes time, but Rank 3 will help push you and your DPS/heals to a greater level.  

We do have a limited raid schedule in that we have approximately 1 hr 50 minutes of actual raid time.  It is important that you please make sure you are gemmed and enchanted before the start of the raid.   It is your job to come to raid with gemmed and enchanted gear.  It is also your job to come with augment runes, flasks, potions, and backup food.   Please do not expect your fellow raiders to wait for you to get prepared wasting our precious raid time.  We expect the same effort from all raiders so please do not let your fellow raider down by coming to raid without the necessary items and preparations.  

Question: What Item level is needed for Heroic Raiding? 

Answer: 450 is generally the item level we require for Heroic Ny'Alotha.  If you are gearing up your main raiding toon and fall a bit below this, please speak to a BC.  Also, we require a level 75 Heart of Azeroth with 4 essences preferably Rank 3 and min rank 2 - unless it is BiS at Rank 1.  Also, the cloak should be at level 7 and beyond with a preferable Rank 12.  

The long answer to this is that we are not accepting Alts into Heroic raiding unless you are requested to fill a spot.  We are not farming gear for Alts at this point.  If you are switching mains then you need to meet the criteria above.  

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: