View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerhart STC
High Councilor

Awarded:

re: WOW Chapter Meeting Notes - Dec. 2019

Welcome to the December WOW meeting.  

Thank you all for attending this meeting.  It is the beginning of the holiday season with the US Thanksgiving a short time ago and only a few weeks until Christmas.  I will not spoil anything, but there is a lot of new content coming out of the PTR in regards to Patch 8.3.  If you want to be spoiled feel free to do some research.  There is definitely some cool stuff coming and some changes that will affect how we play.  

A word on WOW Classic - the Chapter did not move forward so it will stay a Minor Chapter.  That means it is still open to all members of STC but there is no recruiting specifically for WOW Classic.  I do hope that the group that is continuing to play Classic enjoys the game and has fun, and they are still a part of STC.  

New Novices:

None

Inductions:

None

Officer Induction:

None

Award Nominations:

None

Raiding: 

Last night (12/6) STC finally took down Heroic Queen Azshara.  We tried to do it using conventional tactics, but the closest we ever got was 10%.  For the kill, we used a Zerg strategy as suggested by Gnomes (Avelyraith) at the break.  The issue was not our DPS, but our ability to follow the very demanding mechanics to a T.  The kill was made with only our two tanks left up at the end.  While the kill feels great, it was not a satisfying for me as killing her via the more conventional tactics.  We have some potential avenues to keep gearing via Mythic+ dungeons or just work on clearing Heroic Eternal Palace to fill out missing pieces like trinkets, rings, or other items. 

What we do from here depends on what you, the raiders, would like to do and accomplish.  I have heard calls for Mythic raiding, but I must warn that Mythic is a whole other level and the mechanics are less forgiving even for the first boss than anything we have faced.  It also requires we have 20 raiders in attendance - no more, no less.  

In preparation for the next raid tier, please continue to help farming for materials for feasts.  Also please keep working on the level of your neck as the cap will be 80 come 8.3.  We want to start the next raiding tier with the max level to get a good jump on the raiding tier.   

Mount/Pet Giveway: 

Gnomes (Avelyreith) and TrueDamage both won mounts which were provided by Wikky.   

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: