View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerhart STC
High Councilor

Awarded:

re: WOW Chapter Meeting Notes - Nov. 2019

Welcome to the November WOW meeting.  

Thank you all for attending this meeting.  I cannot believe that it has been another month already.  There was significant news out of Blizzcon.  I am always excited to hear about a new expansion so it was interesting to me.  I will not go into too much detail in case people do not want spoilers, but I think that there is some potentially great things coming.  We all, though, are awaiting the next content patch 8.3 which should be coming shortly in the new year.  That's good from a perspective of the raiding team which I will talk about in a bit.  

Just a note about WOW Classic - they are working towards becoming a full Chapter.  If you want to dabble over in Classic or even play full time, please join with the other Saints and have fun.  Kwallen (many spellings) is the LP over there with Queue (many spellings), Nate (SonofQ), and Skye (Katz)  also Officers.  

Jethaya is stepping down as LoS of the WOW Chapter.  The LoS position is important because it is the face for the Novices as well as a position of support for all members.  It is similar to the Human Resources department in that it acquaints new members to STC but also provides support for any member if needed.  It is a Senior level Officer position and very, very important to STC's daily workings.  Dzy will be taking on the role of LoS and Meesha will be serving as the MoS (Maiden of Saints).  Thank you both for offering to fulfill these important roles!!!! 

New Novices:

Akhra (wife of Fuldarr)

Inductions:

Mosho, Kuriaridd

Officer Induction:

Award Nominations:

Jethaya has been awarded the Duty Award

The Duty Award is awarded to those that have proven that they value STC, its Values, and most of all her People. They put the forth extra effort and donate their personal and in game time to help make STC what it is today. 

Jethaya has been a part of the Officer team in WOW for a significant amount of time.  He has stepped up when asked to fulfill the role of LoS and supported the WOW Chapter with in game as well as out of game time.  Thank you so much for your dedication to STC. 

Ilythion has been awarded the Valor Award.

Awarded for those that distinguish themselves in combat. These are the people that lead by example, being flexible and adjusting to the situation as necessary (switching to an offspec or character), by stepping up in times of need.  

Ilythion is being recognized for his contributions to the raid team.  Ilythion continues to support the raid team by regularly attending raids, even though he has already achieved a kill on the specific content hoping to help STC achieve a group achievement.  I greatly appreciate your continued support and offers of help and advise in raiding.  

Raiding: 

Last night was a bang our head against the wall night.  We are working on Heroic Queen Azshara in order to earn the Ahead of the Curve achievement as a guild.  The fight is nasty with many, many mechanics to overcome.  It's not an easy fight, and sometimes I have to call out specific people so that we can make sure each person knows the mechanics.  It is not meant to embarrass you, but to help you and to try and get you the information you need.  There are a lot of WeakAuras for that fight if you use that addon - highly suggested but not required. It is a high stress fight and we will continue to push on her until we can down her.  We have used our Vantus Runes so it makes sense to attack her again on Sunday with the buff still active.  

We have actually come a long way in a month.  We took down Ashvane with some of our key members missing.  We have beat Za'Qul with varying groups of ranged DPSers and alternate healers.  While we are not the most advanced in raiding progression, we do push ourselves to get better.  I have seen significant improvements from all raiders in movement and DPS/HPS/tanking.  We do need people, though, to come with more advanced knowledge of fights, in particular the Queen.  It's not enough to have watched the video, you need to take notes and read the notes provided for the fights.  Yes, it takes seeing the fight to put it all together, but we cannot have raiders going into this type of boss fight blind. 

We are going to be raiding Heroic exclusively unless there is a major issue.  The first night, if not a continuation, is a great night for newer raiders to come get gear.  After the Queen's Court, though, the fights ramp up such that it get's harder to help those who have lower level gear.  We will do our best to help all raiders achieve the highest level of raiding possible, but the raiders need to put in the work to progress themselves as well.  

Mounts and Pets: 

Last night's meeting closed with a giveaway of pets and mounts.  Note that Wikky has given us quite a few mounts to giveaway.  Thank you Wikky for your contributions.  Also, Amos has given multiple Sky Golems for those that farm herbs.  We will continue giveaways each month.  

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: