View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerhart STC
High Councilor

Awarded:

re: WOW Chapter Meeting Notes - Oct. 2019

Welcome to the October WOW meeting.  

Thank you all for attending this meeting.  In the last meeting, I gave a long description of the whole process of having a Novice apply and through the Novice period.  The reason was to remind you, my fellow Saints, that you are all part of the process.  Also, I want to remind everyone that one of the benefits that you receive upon being Raised is Guild Bank access.  This is limited initially to protect the bank from theft which was more common long ago.  I want to reiterate that having an Authenticator attached to your account grants you additional Guild Bank access.  

I cannot speak much about the WOW Classic minor Chapter other than I see several Saints on and that they are enjoying their time.  I wholly support any member of STC playing what they enjoy.  At the same time, I definitely miss interactions with Saints who are generally only playing Classic.  I have posted before about the requirements to become a Full Chapter and if there is interest, there are a few steps to get that moving.  

It has certainly been a busy month with an influx of new members and Patch 8.2.5.  I'm interested in seeing where the story goes from here.  I hope to see all of you as we find out what's in store next for the BFA expansion.  Remember, Blizzcon is right around the corner...  

New Novices:

Mosho, Kuriaridd, Not announced - HKphooey, Valkylie (Kyliea)

Inductions:

Colkor, Synclair (Ripley), Rawlii (previously raised in guild chat)

Officer Induction:

Award Nominations:

Ripley has been awarded the Duty Award

The Duty Award is awarded to those that have proven that they value STC, its Values, and most of all her People. They put the extra effort forth and donate their personal and in game time to help make STC what it is today. 

Ripley went out of his way to collect herbs to help provide Pots and Vantus Runes for the raid team.  It is with great admiration I award Ripley withe Duty Award for his outstanding contribution.  In addition to the award as recognized on the website, I would like to reward Ripley with one of the mounts crafted by Amos so that when you do earn flying, you will be able to utilize this mount to help you gather.  

Skye has been awarded the Duty Award.  

Skye is being recognized for her contribution to the WOW Classic team by crafting bags to any who need them.  In addition, she has helped craft cloth armor for members.   This helps to create a stronger team over in WOW Classic, and even thought it's not in the current WOW game, this is a contribution to STC and it's members.  Thank you Skye for your support of STC and it's members.  

WOW Classic Discussion:

I will do my best to recount everything discussed.  We have received our first application for a potential member who will focus mainly on Classic.  Due to the fact that WOW Classic is a minor chapter, it cannot actively recruit.  We mean there cannot be advertising in General Chat.  This, though, does allow for recruitment of close friends and family.  Also, it allows for current members of the minor Chapter to direct people who want to potentially join STC to the website to apply.  The way I have decided to handle this is to require the Applicant to have a Toon within the STC Guild on Lothar (Sanctioned Chapter) and will serve their Novice period within Classic with Officers such as Jethaya, Quwalin, and others serving as SA's and ensuring that Novices meet the requirements of members.  This is not an ideal situation because a Minor Chapter only has full members who then play in a Minor Chapter so they already know the Codes and Laws.  I see this as an opportunity for the Minor Chapter to grow organically through family and close friends.  I ask that the members of STC in Classic keep a watchful eye on those who do join as Novices and report issues.  This is important for a functioning Chapter, whether Sanctioned or Minor.  There would not be so much confusion about the Minor Chapter issue if not for the fact that WOW Classic requires an active WOW (retail) membership.  If it were a completely separate game, the Minor Chapter policy for becoming a Sanctioned Chapter would be in effect.  Again, hopefully the Classic Minor Chapter gains momentum and tries to attain the Sanctioned Chapter status.  

Raiding: 

Wednesday the 25th was a great night.  We got a lot of people involved in the Heroic Warfront which rewards a 430 piece of gear.  I hope a great time was had by all.  The Warfront requires coordination and cooperation.  Since it's in a less stressful environment than Raiding, it allows for more time to have fun and joke.  I hope that any time a Heroic Warfront is available, we do group up and help one another.  

Following up on that great start for the night, the Raid team finally beat Lady Ashvane.  We were using the buff from the Vantus Runes, but even then, we destroyed her.  It was a great start to one-shot the boss.  It definitely helped to have some of our higher DPSers back with us after missing the last raid.  Last night, we also beat Ashvane with a slight modification to our strategy.  

After we took down Ashvane, we moved on to Orgozoa and after a few mechanical adjustments, he also went down.  We realized that tanks needed to pre-mitigate the tremendous damage and also that DPS could not pull before threat was completely on the tank.  We had a few laughs at my expense (earned).  With time for clearing trash and one pull on the next boss, Queen's Court, I felt we should at least see the boss.  A few questioned if we could down this boss since we have barely attempted it on Normal in the last few weeks.  What the team did do, though, was impressive.  We had the DPS and heals and on top of that, the movement and coordination was top-notch.  One of our better kills on this Boss and all of those were on Normal.  

I would like to thank the Raid team for pushing through and working hard.  It's not always easy to kill bosses and every one of us is going to have "one of those nights", but we persevered and worked as a team and beat three bosses when we were just hoping for one.  

I have tried to be as open and honest about what to expect from raiding as possible, but if you still have questions, please let me know.  Generally, we are going to continue the Heroic Wednesday and Normal Sunday split to help gear people up.  The item level requirements are posted on the invite - 400 for Normal, 415 for Heroic.  You should always be working on getting upgrades via Residuum and improving your Heart of Azeroth through AP and better Essences.  Keep an eye out for mythic Island Expeditions groups as it only takes three a week to complete the weekly.  For those who really need Mythic Mechagon, please speak up.  Some of us (including myself) still need to run it at least 2 more times to upgrade our Essence.  

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: