View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerhart STC
High Councilor

Awarded:

re: WOW Chapter Meeting Notes - Sept. 2019

Welcome to the September WOW meeting.  

Before the Meeting started, there was an impromptu discussion regarding Battle-Scarred augment runes and general Raiding progression.  I am going to add more detail than what was discussed.  If we as a team want to progress, then raiders are going to have to put forth more effort.  The comment was in relation to having the Runes, but generally, it is coming prepared for those fights where we need additional DPS/healing.  It's your responsibility as a raider to come with Runes, Flasks, Potions, Food, Enchants, and Gems!  It is your responsibility to do what you can if you are on of the one's who want to push for progression.  One cannot complain about lack of progression if you are not doing everything you can to push yourself.  Just because you may do the highest DPS for one fight even without potions or runes, that does not mean you should not use them.  Maybe pushing you higher will help the team overcome a threshold.  Please all raiders come prepared.  I do not want to have to be a pain about this and sit people for not bringing the required items to raids.  

Thank you all for attending this meeting.  If this is your first meeting, welcome!  The guild meeting is our way to talk about what's happening in STC because we do have players on different schedules.  It also allows you, the members, to ask questions of me.  We hold the meeting usually the first Thursday of every month.  The September meeting was pushed back due to my schedule.  I also want to make sure that I give proper notice in advance.  

Most of you are not aware, but STC participates in the Looking for Guild tool in WOW.  This allows perspective members to send a message and ask to join STC.  The way we handle this is to send a message indicating if the person is truly looking for a guild, to go to the website and fill out an application.  This is our first step in weeding out some players.  Almost all of us here had to fill out an application to join STC, and we all know it is not an onerous process.  Answer honestly and if you sound like a fit, we invite for your novice period.  You would be surprised of the 20 or more requests a month, we may see 2 to 3 applications.  The application process may seem "old school" but really it helps us to determine before we invite if the person would be a good member and if STC is a fit for them.  The novice period which typically lasts 30 days (until the next meeting if the novice is responsive) is another time to determine if they fit with STC or whether STC is a fit for them.  During this process, the Officers take notes, but honestly, I want all STC members to pay attention to a novice and feel empowered to let the Officers know if someone really is not a fit.  We would prefer to part ways before a real issue pops up.  Once a novice is raised, depending on if you have an authenticator attached to your account, you are raised to Saint or Saint-Authenticated.  Saints who use an Authenticator have additional permissions when it comes to the Guild Bank.  Generally, we have not had an issue in a long time, but this does recognize members who do want to protect themselves and STC's Bank. 

Why did I go through all of that information?  Well, I want all of you to feel like you are part of the process.  When a novice is invited, it's an awesome sight to see the "hi's" and "welcomes".  This is the novice's first introduction to STC.  Then afterward, helping with quests, chatting about food...  just being friendly and getting to know someone helps the Novice and the Officers.  Please remember that all of you members are part of the process for making STC a better guild and place to be.    

New Novices:

Calkor (Shander), Synclair (Ripley),  

Inductions:

Trueknight

Not present: Finchiala, Rawlii (Dagish), DrunkKoolaid

Officer Induction:

Award Nominations:

Amosjackson has been awarded the Duty Award

The Duty Award is awarded to those that have proven that they value STC, its Values, and most of all her People. They put the extra effort forth and donate their personal and in game time to help make STC what it is today. 

Amos has earned this reward through his continuous support of STC through materials for feasts and flasks.  Amos has also provided Battle-scarred Augment Runes to those who have needed mid-Raid.  Generously, Amos has crafted multiple Sky Golem mounts that allow for farming herbs while mounted.  

I am proud to Award Taralom with one of the Sky Golem mounts that Amos has crafted for Taralom's continued support of providing cauldrons (flasks) and materials for the guild. 

If anyone else is looking to be a contributor of herbs so that we can prepare potions and flasks, you can also receive a Sky Golem mount.  The Officers had debated having a contest, but really felt this was the best way to handle giving out the mounts.  If you are looking to earn the Sky Golem mount, please talk to one of the Officers about your contributions of herbs.   

Raiding: 

I want to reiterate something from the last meeting:  I want to point out for those who may not know that you do not need to be on at 8 pm to raid with the team.  One very positive benefit of flexible raiding is that we can accept a player mid raid.  If you are interested in coming and think you will be later than 8, please post in Discord right before.  Sign up for the raid as Tentative so that we can look for you.  Then, when you log in, please speak up.  The raid team will be busy so we may not see you log in.  I try my best to look at Guild Chat, but when leading and in the middle of a fight, it can be very, very hard.  Everyone please come ready with flasks, backup food, potions, and all other raid materials.   

The raid team has completed all of the Eternal Palace on Normal.  We have also completed the first three bosses on Heroic.  Please remember to watch videos and come prepared.  Fatboss has updated their videos for Normal and Heroic so watching their videos really prepares you for what is to come. Currently our raiding schedule consists of Heroic on Wednesday and a gearing of Normal Mains and Alts on Sunday.  We may contemplate continuing Heroic on Sunday so that we have more practice on Lady Ashvance.  My only concern then is that we do not have a gearing run for those who are just joining our raid team.  

Gearing - remember to work on your Heart of Azeroth as opening that second minor slot is a big boost to your DPS and healing.  Currently we are struggling at the DPS to beat Lady Ashvane.  I suggest asking in guild for mythic Island Expeditions as it only takes three a week to complete the weekly - good source of Azerite.  On top of the Azerite, you can also get pets and mounts and transmog gear.  We are also always looking to run Mythic+ dungeons.  Look out for groups.  For those who really need Mythic Mechagon, please speak up.  Some of us (including myself) still need to run it at least 4 more times to upgrade our Essence.  

More thoughts not discussed at the meeting:  I want to note that STC is not a raiding guild but a family friend guild that raids.  There's a small distinction but it means we are not hardcore and try to be as inclusive as possible.  We have in the past made a progression group which had higher requirements than just meeting item level and low level DPS.  It is not something we push often, but if the raid team is stuck, we may.  Once that boss is on farm, we would then invite those who may be a bit lower back to try to get them on the kill as well.  

Event:

Jethaya introduced his new event - the Death Race

More details below:

https://sanctuscovenir.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12036768&gid=142626

Last edited by Gerhart STC on 2019/09/13 7:20; edited 1 time in total
Jethaya
Saint

Awarded:

re: WOW Chapter Meeting Notes - Sept. 2019

i posted  the death race  event   in the wow member section of the forum   i think the minimum participant for this even will be 9 peoples   please sign up   in the forum tread   thanks 

Jethaya

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: