View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerhart STC
High Councilor

Awarded:

re: WOW Chapter Meeting Notes - July 2019

Welcome to the July WOW meeting.  

Thank you all for taking time out of your "busy" playing schedule whether that's reputation grinding so you can start flying or working towards higher item level pieces of gear or trying out the new dungeon or raid.  I appreciate that you consider this time important to talk about the guild and how we are working and what's new.  The meeting is one of the stones of our foundation for keeping a family atmosphere and cohesive group.  It also allows us to take time to introduce new members or raise those who have been with us for a complete novice period.  

New content brings players back out to play and we've certainly seen an influx of returning players.  It's good to see a busy Guild Chat and may people work on Mains or Alts.  If you need help or just need some new information, feel free to ask in guild chat.  

Discussion regarding guild structure - If there are issues with members, you should go to an Officer or higher, SC/LP if you cannot handle working with the person.  If there is an issue with an Officer, then the Senior Chancellor (SC) or Lord Preceptor (LP) is who you want to speak with first.  If the issue is with the LP, then your options are to talk to a High Councilor (HC) member or the Grand Preceptor (GP) (Queue).  The structure is in place to resolve issues.  I know in the past that people felt they did not have somewhere to go to speak, but there is always an option.  STC is setup in such a way that there is in-game leadership with the LP, SC, and Officers, but there is also a bigger structure including the HC and GP.  The GP is the final word generally, but I remind everyone of the Codes and Laws.  

New Novices:

Drunkkoolaid (Koolaid), Rawlii (Dagish Application)

Inductions:

Officer Induction:

Lithanne - Senior Chancellor (SC)

Award Nominations:

Taralom - Sacrifice

Part of what makes STC what it is, is the sacrifices made by others in multiple facets. Such facets include, time, crafting materials, passing on loot that is a bigger upgrade for others than themselves, teaching, helping run guild events.

Raiding: 

Before I get to the update on raiding, I wanted to point out for those who may not know that you do not need to be on at 8 pm to raid with the team.  One very positive benefit of flexible raiding is that we can accept a player mid raid.  If you are interested in coming and think you will be later than 8, please post in Discord right before.  Sign up for the raid as Tentative so that we can look for you.  Then, when you log in, please speak up.  The raid team will be busy so we may not see you log in.  I try my best to look at Guild Chat, but when leading and in the middle of a fight, it can be very, very hard.  

The raid team made our first jump into the new raid - Eternal Palace.  It was a good night in downing the first three bosses fairly easily.  The fights were a little sloppy which was ok for the first night but indicates that we will need to clean up the mechanics when we move to Heroic.  The vids that are posted are helpful, especially the Hazelnutty who provides a short video which gives the "no frills" detail.  Note, though, that Hazelnutty does not update her videos from the PTR typically and Fatboss does.  Updated videos give the more exact mechanics and prepare for both Normal and Heroic.  

We need more mats for feasts.  If anyone has the materials for any of the old feasts or even the new ones, please do consider putting them in the Raiding Tab so that we can provide feasts for the raid group.  If not, then every raider will be required to provide their own stat food.  

Next week starts the new Mythic+ season.  Max rewards from 10+ keys will be upgrades for nearly all Saints.  The rewards are maxed at 415 this week other than if it warforges or titanforges.  A max key of 5 will get you that potential reward.  Consider working on those Mythic+.  Also, continue to work on those Hearts of Azeroth.  You will need a lot of Azerite to power them up.  Also do research on the best essences for your class.  I suggest wowhead or Icyveins or your favorite class writer.  

Everyone please come ready with flasks, backup food, potions, and all other raid materials.   

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: