View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerhart STC
High Councilor

Awarded:

re: WOW Chapter Meeting Notes - June 2019

Welcome to the June WOW meeting.  Thank you all for attending this meeting.  

Before I get to our regularly scheduled meeting items, I want to take a moment to note the passing of a STC member.  Tyenee was not currently an active member, but many of us who have been in STC since the BC/Lich King days will remember her.  I cannot say I knew Michelle very well, but I knew her well enough to know she was a kind soul.  She always said hi and had a kind word to say.  Every interaction I had with her or witnessed was sweet and genuine.  She passed away from a heart attack and left three sons and a husband, Scott who some may know as Mater/Mortition.  It is sad to have lost someone so young.  I hope it is not out of line for me to speak for you all but to say that our hearts, prayers, and well wishes go out to Scott and his family in this time of sadness. 

If there is anyone else who would like to speak, please feel free now.  

I am sorry to have started our meeting with such sadness, but I really felt it important to note how important Saints are within our small community.  As Stone and others are found of saying, it is the person behind the Toon.  I know that many of us will not ever meet in real life, but it does not make our connections any less important or heartfelt.  We share happiness and joy, sadness and loss, and we even fight like siblings at times.  Through it all, we strive to be a better person to other Saints and even to those outside of Sanctus Covenir.  I am appreciative of the people who I have met in real life and still feel the sting of loss of members who have passed or have stopped playing.  

It is important how we treat one another and sometimes we make mistakes or a comment gets misconstrued.  I ask that we try and be patient and work through these situations.  It is easier to remain frustrated and run away, it takes great strength to work through our differences.  We are not always going to agree on everything and there's a reason why we try to limit certain discussions to prevent issues.  I hope you all realize that our bonds are not merely WOW and raiding, it is deeper and that many years after someone has left, there are memories which follow us around.  Treat and respect others as you would want to be treated and respected...

With that, I turn it over to Jethaya for the raising of our novices Lah and Enk. 

New Novices:

None

Inductions:

Lah (Emjae), Enk

Officer Induction:

Dwelknarr - BC, Meesha - SA

Award Nominations:

None

Raiding: 

The raid team last night finally took down Heroic Conclave in Dazar'Alor.  The fight had us on edge with us wondering why we just could not beat this boss.  Last night was the culmination of a lot of hard work and planning.  We came together and beat a boss that had given us fits.  Many raiders mentioned how sweet it was to finally progress beyond this boss.  Our next boss, Heroic King Rastakhan is not going to be any easier.  All raiders will need to come ready to relearn the fight and work through the mechanics.  It may be worth watching the videos and taking additional notes.  I want to thank everyone for putting in the hard work and especially Dwelknarr and Lithanne who made some suggestions to strats and helped with mechanics and callout, and provided us with additional Vantus Runes.  

As I noted last night, at this point, we should be looking for those gear improvements for min-maxing.  If you have not, many should have upgraded to the 420 azerite pieces purchasable for titan residuum for their main specs.  If you do not, please work on that.  Second would be saving up for the precise pieces that will help you maximize your healing and DPS.  We have continued to run Oppulence so as to get the Sliver trinket to help maximize our ranged DPS.  This will help us prepare for next tier.  Please, look for Mythic+ groups if you are interested.  A +10 key weekly is a significant amount of residuum and the potential for an upgrade if it warforges or titanforges. 

We may take some time to go back and do some Heroic Uldir raids just for some easier nights.  It will not be easy as mechanics can be demanding, but we can use the mats to make feasts and getting achievements and just finishing off the raid will be fun.  Please if you have a question of signups, talk to one of the BC's (Stone, Q, Dwellknarr, Lithanne) or me.  

Everyone please come ready with flasks, backup food, potions, and all other raid materials.   

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: