Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuthela
Novice

re: Hello all!

Hi, my name is Peter and I'm posting my introduction to the guild.

I'm a returning player from pre-MOP. I played vanilla WoW and through TBC, took a break and came back with outland, and then Wrath. I played through Cataclysm, but left right before MOP went live.

I started gaming with AD&D, back in high school in the late seventies. I have enjoyed many table top games, but besides various incarnations of D&D, I've probably spent the most time playing Champions, and then all of the Battletech and Mech Warrior table top and P&P games. I tried Champions online out when it launched, but was disappointed with it and didn't stay for long.

My first MMO was Eve Online, back before WoW launched. I played EvE for several years, and was even guild leader of our small guild in EvE for a while during the mass exodus when WoW first launched. I was actually a little leery of giving WoW a try at first, and went to SWG with a couple of friends from EvE. After SWG imploded, I went to City of Heroes for a while, but eventually I gave WoW a shot and played for many years.

For the past year, I've been playing SWtoR where I am a member of the Thirteenth Legion on Ebon Hawk server. Our guild does well in the Conquest content, with several wins, and we usually place in the top three if we don't win the week. I am in the rotation for our Thursday night OPs group for end game raids. I've been part of our FridaY night OPs group. but I plan to drop out of the Friday group to spend more time in WoW.

I learned about Sanctus Covenir because my Son and Daughter in-law also play WoW. My Daughter in-law was interested in playing WoW again. She'd had an account several years ago, but she was busy with family and didn't have time to play. When she expressed an interest in the game, my son reactivated his account so they could play together. I decided to come back to the game to spend time playing with them. I had discovered how much being a part of a friendly and active guild could add to the game from my experience with the Thirteenth Legion in SWtoR. After I came back, my son and I started a search for a good guild to join in WoW, and he found Sanctus Covenir for us.

When I decided to come back to WoW, I made a decision to re-start fresh, and started a new account, rather than reactivating my old account and trying to recycle all of my old toons. Previously, I had several dozen character across three or four servers for one reason or another. A few times, RL friends had characters on other servers, and I'd create a character to play with them. This time around, all of my characters are on Lothar. Regardless, I'm something of an altoholic, and enjoy playing many different characters at a variety of different levels.

Typically, I prefer ranged casters over melee classes, although I have tried out both warriors and paladins in the past. I enjoy running as healer, but typically level as DPS. Currently, my main is Melmin, a human Discipline Priest. I also have Melessardra, a gnome Warlock, and Kuthella, A human Mage.

Outside of the game, I've been happily married for thirty years, with my thirtieth wedding anniversary this July. I have four adult children, the youngest of whom just turned twenty, and several grand children.

I received my Bachelors Degree in Business administration/ Project Management from CTU. I am currently employed as the Quality Control Manager for a medium sized manufacturing plant in the Midwest in Iowa. My background is in welding, machine work, and tool and die making. I am originally from the San Francisco Bay Area in California, but relocated to the Midwest about fifteen years ago for work.

Currently my main hobby is online gaming. I also enjoy movies and reading. I enjoy some amateur writing, and I have accounts on both Fanfiction.net and AO3. I probably have two or three times as much material that I've never posted archived away or in process of being written. Otherwise, at one point I had something like ten million words posted in different stories on my fanfiction account.

Regardless, I'm not a quick typist. I never actually took a typing class in school. It's just something I've picked up over the years. As a result, I'm often quiet in guild chat, but will comment and reply to conversations. Usually my responses are thought out, and I don't just type like talking. It amazes me how people can be fighting or doing something in a raid, and still manage to carry on a chat conversation. I prefer using mumble when available to communicate with other players.

I look forward to getting to know all of you and participating in the guild and it's activities.

Cheidierey
Saint

Welcome to STC! Great introduction! I love learning more about everyone in the guild. We're happy to have you! I look forward to meeting you in game!

Jethaya
Saint

Awarded:

Gr eat intro welcome to STC

Welcome to Sanctus Covenir what a great introduction

Gerhart STC
High Councilor

Awarded:

Thanks for the awesome Intro!  I hope to see meet you in game :-)

ColeTheo
Saint

Alright!!!  I have a Peer!!  woohoo!  :)

Welcome to STC.  Look forward to meeting you in game.

Theo (Murlenn)

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: