Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> WoW Public Forums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishdragon
Saint

re: Pre-Patch 6.0x and WoD

Hello everyone,

I've been on hiatus for a while and when I came back there was alot of changes in the guild. Anyway I everyone is well and hope that we can get the guild ready for the new expansion.

I have been fortunate enough to have been invited to beta by Blizzard so I've been playing it for a while (on and off). So I thought I share some of the experience here. I don't have time to raid or do any of the dungeons yet, as I don't have that much time, so for those I guess the current content on Wowhead or MMO should be able to help.

Initial impression of beta, was horrible because at the beginning stage like in MOP everything was broken and everything was everywhere. But since the last month, its call come together and I cant say I LOVE IT! Its epic..the story line .... the graphics .... all the improvements to quality of life for players..  its like... wow! But there are still a few bugs so bear that in mind..i don't expect the bugs to be fixed by then. So lets get started..

SHINY

First of all the hardware requirements have been raised for WoD, this is because it now supports new rendering technique and very much higher quality images and models. Suffice to say ... i can sum it in one word.. SHINY! Everything in WoD will have a shine to it, when u mouse over players or NPC, quest items and items of interest all will have a shine to it ..and also will have a dot on the minimap. The map itself will go transparent so you can have it open while you are moving or doing something and its no longer big and cover the screen like last time. The way the quest and objectives are tracked is also changed... yeah ..shiny again...

No more trainers needed!

In WoD ..to level up your skill or learn up your "draenic" or WoD level skill ..you need to be in WoD. For the first time or first few times you need to just do what you do with your proferssion.. example, for gethering proferssion like herbist, just herb and a scroll will drop with the herb, learn it and you will be upgraded .. for professions that make stuff, example alchemist, killing random mobs will drop a green "dreenic" container that will contain the scroll to level and an item to give to an NPC, which you need to do to gain that new skill.  Same goes for all other proffesions, you just have to use that profession in Draenor to get the scroll the level up, eg archeology, fishing etc. To level up faster, you can find items and combine with other items you get from mobs, and turn them to NPC in your garrison (this is if your skill is below Draenor level, ie. less than skill 600). For normal leveling you still need your NPC in your garrison.. more on that later...

For class skills, there's no new skills except a level 100 talent for each class and tons of new glyphs! For the first time once 6.x hits you will be in for a "skill shock" like before. Lots of skills or buttons have been removed, they have either been merged or made a passive skill or gone totally. For example as hunter I have only 3 buttons to mash now :P So the for the first time you login...make take some time to get used to the new action bar.... each every other time u level example level 92 or 94 you will get a random skill upgrade... example for hunter "improved steady shot!!!!"

Garrisons!!! Everything is about the garrison....

Garrison is the new "farm" ...except is much much more than that.... i fear everyone will spend time in their own garrisons and now hangout in cities anymore. Everything in the whole game is linked to the garrison ...quest, quest rewards, looting items, killing rares .... finding followers .... everything... garrison will be the center of your life here! Garrison is also where you will find the NPC to help you level your profession. So to level you your skill fast you need to level your garrison structure linked to your profession ... can read blizzard's and Wowhead's explanation on garrisons...

Garrison need garrison resources and gold to build or upgrade. Garrison resources is like the new "timeless coins" in WoD. You will get through quest, looting stuff, killing and looting rares ...basically the whole WoD is like a giant Timeless Isle! Lots to do and explore! Throughout the game you will find followers...either as part of questline or you go hunt them down (recruit?). You cant have all followers! Some will be made available to you based on your choice. You can try out other followers on your alts .... each time you get a follower, the game will roll the dice for you and you have a chance to get a rare (blue) or epic (purple) quality follower. Most followers are just green quality. There's a good guide on followers on Wowhead but I won;t like there coz it cointain spoilers....

Garrison still have some bug to work out ..example if you level up your garrison before you turn in a quest at the garrison you will loose the NPC that you're suppose to turn in ..my advise ..do everything first before you level anything at your garrison! To totally level the garrison to max...unfortunately will have to quest the entire WoD.... some items are need that are only available from completing a questline :( We can visit one another's garrison ... just need to party and the we will experience the party leader's garrison.

All garrisons have a common chat, sorta like trade chat in city .... so can talk to one another...

Quality of life improvements

Questing: for quest items, example collect this or that ...or activate this or that .. its all personal... ie. we see those things only and its not shared with anyone else ...like personal phasing.. so we dont have to compete with people.... but for mob its still the same.. for normal mob that is... but the respawn is quite fast and sometimes can still get caught up in instant re spawns... for important single quest mob ... (the one with the ! mark on its portrait), it can be multi targeted and looted, like now... Quest rewards have become interesting, like MOP and Cata it changes based on your spec, but when you received it ..it has a chance to be re-rolled and you can get a rare or epic upgraded! Yes!! can get EPIC loot before entering dungeons!

Rares! : there are TONS of rares in WoD ..everywhere! Most drop gear and some drop toys and pets. The difference in WoD is that.... you can only kill the mob as "rare" once! It will have the "skull" mark on the minimap, but after u kill it, it will be a normal mob to you and killing it again wont give you anything special. Most rares drop garrison resources but not all, and if you kill it with other players, sometimes the game will roll who gets what... so you will only see the loot that is allocated to you .... rares can be in very interesting places.... so without flying ..you have to find interesting ways to get to them :P Some rares are part of an event! So if there's an event on the map, like on timeless isle, there will be a "cross sword" icon on the mini map...multiple people can participate and share the loot. Also as the rare level gets higher they tend to have more interesting spells and skills ...so its kinda like raid..have to NOT stand in the fire! (or other goo...)

Maps and mini maps: improvement like mentioned above transparency ..and quest or important things are marked properly in mini map ...i.e shiny gold dot ... some areas in map are specially marked for "bonus" quest..its not part of any questline just there to give exp and garrison rewards ..

Solo scenarios: will be used in game as part of quest line progression .... haven't found any single standing like in MOP yet (haven't reach 100 yet..:( )

World bosses: the dungeon journal and map will be linked to show world bosses that are available in each zone. The bosses roam the game like normal (best to be avoided) ...and also once reach 100 can access them are their supposed location. Havent actually explored this yet.... i normally just avoid them :P But in one of the zones (Gorgond)  you can see the mobs fight one another..like Godzilla style! Just stay out of way and you can safely see them fight one another... hehehe

Mounts: have favorite option and can have a summon random or random favorite mount spell ...

Toybox: all the items you've collected ie. the gnomergan banner etc...will become toys. To put them into the toybox, logon to the toon that has it and "learn" it ... once learn you can access from the toybox tab from any toon ... like prevous pets tab ...you will end up with extra toy items that you have to destroy or sell off .... its access same icon as mount and pets

Bank: have a new tab ..call reagent tab..... buy for 100gold? .... once you bought it ... you can auto deposit all your reagent or profession items into it ....by pressing a single button each time

Bags: bags now can auto sort for you.... you can assign a bag to auto hold each type, ie equipment, reagent or ignore. IF you loot an item it will auto get moved into that specific type of bag..example i set my second bag slot as equipment, so each time i get a quest reward it automatically gets deposited in there....  there's also a bag clean up function....what it does it sort your bag... it will not sort bag thats set to ignore... also can help you sell junk ...  in wod, when you are at merchant screen, the items that are junk that can be sold will be marked with a gold coin next to its icon...  also when you receive a new item in your bag ..it will have a white outline over its icon when you open your bag...this is a function from diablo 3

How long it takes to get to 100? First zone i played about 5 hours non-stop i got from level 90 to 93....second zone i got to 95 and now in my third zone ..just started but I'm already 98 .... still 4 more zones to go....  rested exp really helps.... i suggest leaving toons in garrison as we get rested there ...  one tip i can give to althoholics is ...once WoD launches... logon to each 90 toon to activate their rested exp... so doesn't matter when you come back to an alt, at least the rested exp has started.

On the day WoD launches ...will have a big prompt dialog box in your screen, asking you to join adventure in WoD. Just click it and you will get the quest to start it all. What happens to the old BC? you can still access it through a special portal in Stormwind Mage portal room or Ogrimmar's Mage zone .....  portal is called "Portal to Hellfire peninsular"

Edit: Flying

There's NO flying in WoD...not at the moment..... but there are items and garrison zone perks that can give temporary flight..... So without flight we all gotta get creative .

Anyways, sorry for the looong post... and I'm not sure I got it all in there....hehe...good luck and see you all in game ...

Edited: I've reached level 100! and..... i got my legendary quest at level 98... hehe ... similar to  prince's quest in MOP.. Leveled before I reached Nagrand (level 98 to 100) zone.... what's next? There's no clear path except to continue working on the garrison, leveling it up etc ... at level 100, NEW rare mobs appear the previous lower zones we've been. Overall there's more than 200+ rares in WoD to kill .... there's 2 level 100 zone, tanaan jungle (havent been) and Ashran, which is not exactly like Wintergrasp in the sense that theres no need to control the region but its a zone to explore with PVP dangers.

Edited:

Here's a link for PTR events, http://www.wowhead.com/news=243610/guide-to-the-6-0-2-iron-horde-blasted-lands-and-ubrs-prelaunch-event

- basically you get toybox and your skill and inventory changes ...but you can't level anything yet. Personally, I'm looking forward to farm the bronze whelping. Not into the dungeon part... but might give a try ...

Last edited by fishdragon on 2014/10/11 19:39; edited 1 time in total
Happeria

Thank you for this excellent writeup Pengayau!  I feel a bit more prepared for Tuesday now :)

Thanks!

Sorry off topic, but you have the cutest dog!!!!! OMG!! Is it a shih tzu? I have one, he is so precious, sorry for the tangent, thanks for the write up on the future patch =)

Jump to: