Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> WoW Public Forums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boodikka!

re: Tuesday Maintenance Question

Granted it's only a rolling restart, but I am curious...

Tell me your favorite WoW NPC faction.

I'll start! I love the Shado-Pan. Taran Zhu has that look about him like a steely eyed gunslinger from the Old West. They are the honor guard for the Pandaren, a mysterious force that protects the simple ways of it's people.
Sir Kindrik

Pandaren only? Shado-Pan (see the hat!) followed by August Celestials (tabard of awesome blue!)

Overall (or non-Pandaren)? Hard to choose just one...but my favorite would have to be Gilneas. I love the architecture and music of the Worgen starter area, as well as the story of Gilneas. Runners up would have to be Ravenholdt and Silvermoon City.
Vertue
VertueArdent
Saint

For me it's a two-way toss-up between Argent Dawn and Argent Crusade for absolute favorite, so instead I'll share my favorite faction from each expansion.

In the original WoW, the Argent Dawn was superb: holy and righteous warriors fighting a hopeless cause, but persevering in their faith to the end. Where the Scarlet Crusade succumbed to darkness and despair, the Argent Dawn never lost hope. I am so glad that I got an Argent Dawn tabard before they were removed from the game.

In Burning Crusade, it was the Aldor that earned my respect the most. They were the faithful servants of the Naaru, and held against the depradations of the orcs longer than anyone else. They fought the Burning Legion throughout history, and even when their families were corrupted and turned all around them they remained true. It's why I wear the Justicar armor of an Aldor Vindicator.

In Wrath of the Lich King, the Argent Crusade was my favorite. Rising from the ashes of the Argent Dawn, they struck the Lich King and brought him down in ruin. In spite of their impressive power, they lived in humility, seeking to raise up champions from the Alliance and the Horde rather than seek power for themselves. In the end, they returned home to safeguard the old lands of Lordaeron, forsaking the political influence they could have wielded. They were good people, through and through. It's why I still wear their tabard.

In Cataclysm....uh....I can't remember much about any of the factions. Cataclysm drove me away from WoW for some reason. So I'll pick Gilneas. Because puppies. Yeah. Puppies. Woof-woof. Happy
Actually I like Gilneas a lot, which is why in my stories the Ardent family ended up living in Gilneas. Two of my characters are human, and one is worgen. Of the old WC2 alliance, the only faction I liked more than Gilneas was Kul Tiras. I really hope Kul Tiras makes it into the game at some point.

In Mists of Pandaria, I love the Tillers. Halfhill feels like a home, and despite the fact that I'm a human from beyond their lands, the Tillers make me welcome as a true friend. They live simple lives and have simple worries, but when the mantid breached the wall they stood with the Shado-pan without succumbing to fear. They love good food and good company, hold no grudges, and don't know the meaning of "stranger." They are worthy people.
Happeria

There's something I think is really cool about The Consortium.. the ethereals being energy wrapped up with cloths just looks neat to me and is an interesting concept. Happy

The Wyrmrest Accord in Wrath of the Lich King has been one of my favorites that stands out. One of my favorite NPCs: Alexstrasza the Life-Binder - Queen of the Dragons

When I created a mage on the horde server I was playing on, I named her Lustrasza being inspired by Alexstrasza. When I created my priest here on Lothar, I kept the name for this character as well. I have been asked before, "Are you a dragon?"

Being able to purchase the Reins of the Red Drake was awesome!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> WoW Public Forums All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: