Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chronomis
Bobbun
Saint

re: Hello, everyone

So it's been a while since I've logged into World of Warcraft, which means I haven't seen any of you for a while. Some of you might remember me as "Tontom" rather than Bobbun. Bobbun is the handle I use in most games.

Anyway, I've been playing this great new game the last few days that I wanted to share with you. Should any of you find yourselves playing it any time soon, feel free to shoot me a tell. I'd love to hear from you and if I see you, I can probably help you out with a group or possibly some extra items. The game is called "Everquest", and my characters are on the "Povar-Quellious" server. twisted
Peneloperose
High Councilor

Awarded:

Hi Bobbun. Thanks for stopping by and saying hello. I don't play Everquest, but I believe there are some guildies that do.

Awarded:

hehe, heyas "furapples" ;)

Gerhart STC
High Councilor

Awarded:

Hi Bobbun!
As Penny said, it's great you dropped a line as there are still some playing.

Take care,
Gerhart
Cistern-Casey
High Councilor

Awarded:

Hey Brian. Good to hear from you man.

The REAL old schoolers will know you as Chronomis.

You will always be Chronomis to me Happy

Chantalina
Saint

re: Re:

Hi Bobbun, I remember running with you some while you were here. Thanks for stopping by and saying hello. I don't play Everquest but if you decide to return to WOW on a regular basis, look me up when you log in and we can run some together again.

Casey-Cistern wrote:
Hey Brian. Good to hear from you man.

The REAL old schoolers will know you as Chronomis.

You will always be Chronomis to me Happy

Lol, I have that account active as well. I've been leveling right along... Chrono's 74 now, and Bobbun 75. When I stopped playing (except for one brief excursion about 18 months ago), the top level was 70. Now it's 90!

The mercenary feature added with the Seeds of Destruction expansion helps a lot. You can simply hire an NPC warrior or cleric to accompany you. A real lifesaver since there's essentially no grouping available in the game at the lower levels (75 is a "lower level now, ) and all the content was designed for groups. Especially a lifesaver for a rogue, since that's one of the least soloable classes in the game. I need *both* my mercenary (a cleric) and my druid's mercenary (a warrior) in order to handle mobs that give decent experience. For poor experience, I could do with just the cleric.

Experience *is* definitely faster than it used to be. I soloed a new shadowknight to 20 in a single day. That used to require powerleveling! In the low 70's, I can grind out a level for both druid and rogue in an all day session. That's with mercenaries leeching experience (they count as group members). I remember when levels in the 50's took weeks to get through, .

So someone's still playing? I heard from Axiss, but aside from that, I haven't seen anyone. Delph and Thal haven't logged their alts in in a while. I inquired about Tyrol, since he was active in Blades of Law when I was in about 18 months ago--seems he hasn't been in for a while. Faful was occasionally logged in back then as well, and haven't seen him. I know his main was in another guild, but I don't know the name. If anyone is still playing--I know you won't be wearing your STC guild tag--send me a tell in game or post. Happy
Chronomis
Bobbun
Saint

A bit of followup, since about three months have passed since my previous post...

I'm still playing EQ. It's pretty obsolete on the whole, but there's still a lot of it, and there's still tons of content I have never seen, and so I'm still having a blast months later. I may soon take up raiding again.

My rogue is now level 90. The druid Cistern remembers (who still bears the Sanctus Covenir tag*) is now my third highest character instead of second, as I have leveled up a shaman to level 80.

There's currently a freeplay period going on for any of you who had accounts before. This weekened is also a double xp weekend, and while I hope to mostly play my rogue for that extra experience, I'll be happy to toss a few upgrades around for any of you who log in and say "hi" while you can do it for free.

* Logged him in today, and seems he doesn't bear the tag any more. Not sure if that's a game bug, or if I accidentally removed it, or perhaps if an officer decided to log in and do roster cleanup, but I guess he'll be tagged elsewhere next time I need the use of the guild hall, as no one is active who can re-tag.

Last edited by Bobbun on 2011/02/22 2:44; edited 1 time in total
Qadariya
Qordinn Morte
High Councilor

Awarded:

Last time I tried to install the original I kept getting an error. I really do miss kiting in EQ with the necro...wonder if I could get it to work again...

Peneloperose
High Councilor

Awarded:

Hey Bobbun. Even though you're not playing one of our currently active games, you should submit an application here on the website so that we can give you access to additional STC forums. (I know you're already a member of the guild, but I think "reapplying" is the only way to give your forum access.)

This goes for other long time STC members as well.

Qordinn,

In my recent experience, the best way to do an EQ patch is to go ahead and download the new patcher by following the "returning player" links. It will reinstall from scratch, and will do everything correctly. It's a huge download, but... There is a shortcut!

Be sure to install to a NEW folder. Then abort the installer once it starts and says it has seven gigs to go, and copy over the art assets and zone files manually. There are two extensions that comprise these. One is .S3D, I don't remember the other but it's pretty obvious which one it is when you're looking through the files. Together they're about five gigs of files. After copying them over manually into the install folder, start the patcher back up, and it should do everything correctly without the need to download every last file.

BTW, if you want to play your necro that way, more power to you. wink However, for anyone 60+, I can likely get you to 70+ in just a few hours with my rogue. I will try to make some time for anyone who logs in, but if I'm really focused on some goal I might have to just chat!

Peneloperose,

Thanks for the tip. I'll try to get that done!
Qadariya
Qordinn Morte
High Councilor

Awarded:

Hehe, necro is 71

Chronomis
Bobbun
Saint

The approach is valid for level 71 as well. It's just that in the 70's is when stuff starts to slow down rather noticeably. XP is still far faster than it used to be all the way to 90.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: