Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Qadariya
Qordinn Morte
High Councilor

Awarded:

re: Thank you and well met

I'd like to thank Lauren (penny) and Bob (lagerales) for the work they put in to getting everything set up for Chicago. Was a great time and greatly appreciate the effort.

Was super meeting everyone, Shifti, Frad, TK, Gerhart, DoorLuggage, Penny, Lagerales, Aloris, Ibiteback (aloris's GF who rarely plays), Shynei (and her twin Tiffany), Chantalina, Drannella, Liek, SaintsWarrior, Clayek, and Iantha (and her husband Ash, and son Albert). It's possible I forgot someone and if I did I apologize, was a whirlwind of a weekend and a great time. Lots of great people in this guild!

Peneloperose
High Councilor

Awarded:

Thanks to all who came. It was so wonderful to meet you all! I had so much fun, it went by way too quickly. I can't wait until next year.

I could not be happier with the get together, it was great fun as you can tell from the pics in the gallery.

I just want to thank penny and lager for organizing this event and everyone who was there. I had one of the best times of my life, getting to know new people from all over, all the laughter and stories that we shared and just a good time together. I hope that we can do this again and I'm glad to have meet all of you. you are a very special and good group of people.

thanks so much
Gyzz/Gaffle
Saint

The pics are great. Really wish I could have been there.

Events like this make the guild great, no matter the accomplishments in the games we play.
Fradrok

We definitely learned a little bit of the strat on this first go 'round:

1) Someone body-pulled aggro on a security guard at 6-Flags when we broke though the barrier. Though we had performed the customary "ready check" when we left the cars and headed in, we weren't prepared for the battle so soon into the instance. Luckily, we had enough in the raid to CC the mob and others to heal. Alas, we were triumphant and we moved on to the next wing. I believe the /ignore spell was the most effective.

2) There are heights at which Tony and Lauren become "done" and as ineffective as any can be in heavy movement fights. DPS was diminished. This awareness came during a fast-moving battle in a very tall roller-coaster. Lauren had to just close her eyes and pray no-one was hit with the puking spell from Festergut, and Tony got a debuff that continually tic'd "no more rides" every few seconds.

3) Nick (Aloris) was ill-prepared for the Awkward Salmon frontal cleave dealt by Dee's (Shynei) twin sister, though I'm told he did come prepared for the wet trout and staple-gun. At least he didn't run out of ammo ... it's more likely Megan (Nick's girlfriend) took it away from him.

4) Jen and Tony were the two who spent the most time out of range from the sun-block aura that Lauren cast every so often. However, though she was the one providing the buff, it had diminishing returns on her own nose. Don (Gerhart) also suffered from out-of-range exposure to the sun's damaging aoe effect; and because of this, we were able to teach Tony (from the UK) where the term "redneck" comes from.

5) Several people pulled and held Albert aggro. The nine-year-old spawn of Chris (Iantha) was a formidable foe, but easily managed once the age-old strat was put into play. Confuse, baffle, misdirect, and say whatever came to your mind. Since none of it worked, it all worked.

6) Dave saw Lauren get damaged from a mustard spill on her right ... um ... chest piece. He offered to cast a /lick heal, but she had already applied her own bandage.

7) Alex (TK) was mind-controlled in the courtyard zone and was easily controlled, pummeled, and left for dead by Dave (also, Alex's dad) who used the "size" trinket whereby the little runt could be bounced up and down on ... and up and down on again.

It's late so I'll stop here. If I recall any other strats learned, I'll be sure and post them.

Peneloperose
High Councilor

Awarded:

Your post had me laughing out loud at work. Luckily no one in the nearby cubes has arrived yet. I wouldn't know what to tell them when they asked me what was so funny.

Awarded:

on #1, we also agroed a second mob that was driving a malicious looking golf cart

#3, I think ill prepared is giving him too much credit, totally unprepared was more accurate.

Last edited by Qordinn Morte on 2010/07/27 8:41; edited 1 time in total

Fulloftotems

Well played... keep going

#7) Total tank-n-spank fight for Dave who was totally over-geared for the likes of Alex's piddly armor and abilities.

Evilgreen85

i also was laughing out loud in my break room at work. nice job and i agree with what Q said totally unprepared for the AS.
Fradrok

True to form, Alex did not like what I posted about him. He did laugh pretty good at all the other stuff, however.

And if I'm honest, I laughed out loud the first time I did a quick re-read for spelling errors when I got to the "chest piece" sentence. Obviously to laugh at one's own jokes is kinda sad ... but, they are funny.

Also, the visual of the "frontal cleave" of the Awkward Salmon still makes me chuckle. I saw every bit of that in 3D since I was sitting right next to where Nick was standing during the attack.

Peneloperose
High Councilor

Awarded:

I was just glad Shifti was the only one watching when I bit into my suasage and it retaliated with a slime spray. Unfortunately I missed a spot.

was awesome to meet everyone.

and apologies to anyone who got albert aggro...i tank him but..i'm just his mom.

thanks to penny and espcially to lager who introduced us to the joys of public transportation in chicago!

looking forward to doing it again

Jump to: