Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fulloftotems

re: Cata Talent Changes

Wow! Huge changes coming...

Yeah, pretty significant ones. I'm still not sure how I feel about them. :/
Khayman68

For those of you who do not know what this is... it basically is the most overhauling of the Talent Tree that I could have imagined... it is a change to the core concept of leveling in one way or the other...

Don't take this as a bad thing though... it is going to be amazing.

Leveling my first toon and helping my daughter and Ava go through Talent Tree's I was always confused at what to do, basically there were too many options and too many things changing in the game when I was leveling that I got really confused at what would be the best configuration of Talent points. This concept of locking you into your tree early seemed scary for me, but the more I think about the more I like the idea. My daughter will not need to ask me how to use this one point, she will have less options to have to read from and a clearer path to maintain. For the first time new players this will improve their leveling experience.

On the other hand the vet players will have to make a choice and that may be hard to choose at first. The days of me choosing Tank, Heal, DPS on my Paly when Q'ing with Dungeon finder will have to stop. I will need to focus on one spec and stick with it until I get to lvl 40 and can Dual Spec.

My concern is how will this impact the Dungeon finder experience, not many players will want to choose a tank or healing spec while leveling unless they only intend to Dungeon level. From my experience these people are less likely to handle noobs and more likely to play the elitist jerk card. "You should be doing more"

In the end as long as that concern is being thought about by Blizz, I am sure that the new Talent system will be a major success. Not having to nit pick your points and not having too many options available will greatly improve the leveling experience.

Awarded:

i like this idea it will make choosing a spec a bigger decision while making it a lot easier while lvling

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: