Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Qadariya
Qordinn Morte
High Councilor

Awarded:

re: To revive a tradition of sorts....fill in the story....

It was dark, the spider infested walls were crumbling as we passed by. The long corridor stretched out beyond what the dim light showed them. Not that it mattered anyway, none of them could see beyond Jeptha's amble posterior. Somewhere, up ahead, Khaylene was moving effortless among the rubble, checking for traps and any other surprises that might be laying in wait.

The sound of clanking armor echoed through the halls broken only by the occasional dwarven curse and accompanying gnomish giggle. Penny and Gerhart, following closely behind Jeptha, trying not to lose sight of their massively furry guide. A short distance behind, smiling from ear to ear came Shiftiness. At least, it was as close as ear to ear can be determined on a tree.

From up ahead came a distinct click followed by a shout from Khay....

Peneloperose
High Councilor

Awarded:

The group froze at the chilling sound of their companion’s cry. The darkness prevented them from seeing what was happening, but the ground heaved violently beneath their feet as a deafening crumbling filled the corridor causing each adventurer to silently panic for their friend’s safety. Everyone did their best to look brave once the stillness returned, but the shaking “Khay?” which Iantha managed to squeak out reflected the terror that everyone was feeling.

“I’m OK!” came strangely muffled from the darkness ahead.

The tension lessened a bit in everyone’s muscles and a few sighs of relief could be heard throughout the group. The blackness receded slightly as Penny lifted her staff as high as her short arms could reach, illuminating the cavern with the glow of the enchant. She squeezed her small body between the walls and Jeptha’s massive form, letting out a delicate “Aaaacccchhoooo,” as Jeptha’s soft fur tickled her nose. Normally, this would have sent her into a fit of giggles, but her lingering concern for Khaylene kept her focused and moving cautiously forward.

Ahead lay a large pit with eight fingers desperately clinging to the jagged rock. Penny gasped at the sight and began running forward towards Khay. A flash of light suddenly emanated from Penny. A large purple demon stood at the edge of the pit where Penny had previously been standing. The beast bent over and tenderly grasped Khaylene’s wrists, hoisting him to safety. Another quick flash of light and the little gnome had returned, arms wrapped tightly around Khaylene’s right knee, tears streaming down her cheeks.
Whoosh! A second tiny gnome, Iantha, clung to Khalene’s left knee, sniffling.

“I thought you were supposed to DISARM the traps Khay,” Qadariya teased, now that disaster had been averted.

“I tripped,” Khaylene muttered in response while trying to pry the affectionate gnomes free before his pants were soaked with tears of relief.

“Well now what do we do?” Delphinae asked as she surveyed gaping chasm blocking their way.

Khay started pulling himself together. His thoughts filled with echoing words "Q could have done that better; Q would not have fallen... Q would have seen that coming..." Quelling the thoughts of frustration with a glow of hope he thought "the gnomes would not have worried about Q like they worried about me." With a smile on his face and an affectionate glance at the two gnomes Khay moved on again... taking much more care this time...

The group was heading toward an opening, a chilling space filled with bones, the smell of terrible magic and an unbearable sense of a fate worse than death.

Azeroth had been in disarray for all of their lives; riddled with terrible events, horrible struggles. This group has grown together and despite adversity, they found victory. The most senior leaders of this group had been here during the first coming of Kel’Thuzad, before the reopening of the Dark Portal and had seen the end to Nefarian and Onyxia. More of this group had come together to fight Illidan Stormrage and the reign of terror at his hands. Taking Outland and gaining strength to fight Kael’thas. During the era of the Lich King they had seen many great friends go but the group stayed strong and found new friends. Khaylene and Iantha had their own long histories but have found a home in the group becoming Saints during a critical time helping to take down the Lich King and find a way to eliminate his power over the Scourge.

But the struggles Azeroth was facing now was different… and now the groups was entering Grim Batol to find some answers…

Awarded:

Looking at the chasm

Jethaya sudently started laughing !! ''i have an idea '' he says ,
''oh oh she must feel alone '' said Iantha
Jethaya smiled looking at her asked ''Q do you think you could toss a rabbit over that chasm safely?''

''heu i think so why '' was Q's answer

but instead of explaining ,Jethaya closed his eyes and started mubling an old incantation in an old language only known to mages,
and sudently from his staff he released three bolts of light,
the first one to be hit was penny followed by Iantha and Jeptha

the three compagnions then started to glow and sudently ''POOF'' an explosion of light and smoke revealed 3 litles furry white rabbits.

''here says Jethaya toss our friends across then with penny's help they will summon us on the other side''

''my god'' Iantha is right you are mad Jethaya !!!, but like any mad plan this might just work anyway we dont have much choice'' as Q spoke the 3 rabbits friend had hopped near him showing in this way they agreed with the plan

Awarded:

I am really enjoying reading these.

"Wait," a voice from the darkness of the chasm suggests. "Although watching a few rabbits being tossed across the chasm could be fairly fun, there's a safer way across".

Menethorn climbs up from a small ledge almost hidden from view. Dust and debris covers his clothing, hangs off of his long eyebrows, and coats the majestic striped tiger at his side.

"I was exploring this place and slid into a side passage near the entrance. I was in this tunnel, now the chasm, when whatever you folks did blew the roof off." Dust chokes the air as Sauce, Menethorn's pet tiger, shakes dust free of his fur.

"There's a small ledge that leads down the side, to what looks to be a dried up river that used to wind its way underground. According to this map..."

"NO!" Qadariya shouts! "Leave that map alone, Menethorn - you and your friend Yaroc are nothing but trouble when it comes to maps!"

"But.."

"No buts. This way is safer than any of your stupid maps!" Qadariya begins to gather the rabbits into his arms, which have been slowly backing up from Sauce's hungry stare, and prepares for their short flight.

"I'll uhhh... get ready to retrieve their corpses..." Menethorn chuckles as he makes the descent back down.
Fradrok

Throughout the encounter, Shiftiness kept her face hidden in the palm of her hands. An interesting site for a tree, no doubt. Her only contribution to the kerfuffle was a quick heal to the slightly injured Khaylene and her silence. Odd that.

“Hold up,” said Gerhart. His hand went up as if to shush everyone and announce his own authority. Both went unnoticed by the group, however, they did grow quiet. “There's an incoming message from Frad.”

“Fradikins?” asked Qad. “When did he get back?”

Gerhart shrugged. “He says, 'el hola kids' … and, 'wat b da haps?'”

“What does that mean?” asked Jeptha. “I know the elders speak the ancient language, but I cannot decipher it. Does he mean for us to retreat or move on?”

Qad glanced at Gerhart who saw without revealing the message Qad said with his eyes. Then answered Jeptha, “There are more important things for you to learn Jeptha than the ancient language. For instance, how to keep your team members from getting themselves blown up.”

Jeptha's eyes went wide with surprise. “How was I supposed to know Khay was going to trip? And why can't we use the map? It looks like it's of Paladin craftsmanship.” asked Jeptha.

Paying no attention to the bear, “We move on,” announced Gerhart. Penny sighed. She could never control her emotions when the big dwarf set his mind. His authority was always noticed by her, and though she shared her cookies with all, her soul's stone was for him. “Qad,” Gerhart continued, “reply to Frad using the chat-controller and explain our situation. Jeptha, get off your butt; and for god's sake, Iantha, stop that blubbering! How can we expect to ever get across this chasm with tears and stupid mistakes? We're better than this!”

It was a battle cry, of sorts, and enough to get everyone back to order. They stood and began arranging themselves into a defensive posture clearly realizing that they had no clue what to do next. And when Iantha used the wall to help pull herself up her hand seemed to melt into the rock and at the sound of steam filling an empty pipe, everyone noticed a bridge appearing--spanning the full distance to the opposite side of the chasm.

“Well done, Iantha!” said Khaylene.

“Bah,” said Manethorn. “That's not on my map.”

Meanwhile, Qad had communicated to Frad, “/whisper Save me! These people are idiots.”

The other end of the bridge revealed a cavernous room with detailed mosaic patterns of skulls from one side of the floor to the other. Lanterns, spaced every several yards around the circumference, provided enough light to give everyone a clear view of the creature collapsed in a large throne in the center.

“Greetings travelers. In the age of my fathers, members of the clandestine uprising ...”

Jethaya
Saint

Awarded:

!''Blah blah blah!!! why is it everytime we encounter a new creature
we get a an ear full ?''

'' are they so lonely they have to go on about their life for 5 min when a simple ''Hello'' would do ?'' said Jethaya

''close your yapper , Mage'' said Gerhart

''yes show some respect'' added Qad

Jethaya stoped , looked at them ,closed his mouth and waving his wand in the air ''poof'' desapeared

''Jet buddy ? where did he go ?'' asked a worried Jepta

Iantha looking at the bear, smiled and wispered to him '' dont worry he went invisible, he always does, when he cant have the last word''

High Councilor

Awarded:

"We humbly apologize for the interruption ancient one, please continue your story", an exasperated Gerhart replied into the dark.

"HOW DARE YOU INTERRUPT THE MIGHTY QUA'BETHEL, HARBINGER OF DOOM!!!"

With a sigh Qadariya turned to Gerhart, "Pointy end in the bad guy?" and disappeared into the shadows followed closely by Khaylene....

Yaroc
High Councilor

"Seriously guys, this isn't on my map..." Menethorn says, defensively. "It's ... an illusion. Sauce isn't remotely alarmed."

Sauce wanders over and begins to lift his leg...

"Sauce, NO! Bad Kitty!!!"

DrVishnu's form shimmers, looks of pure revulsion and disappointment illustrated clearly, one after the other, on his face.

"That damned cat of yours ruins all my fun ... and would have ruined my robes, too, if you wouldn't have stopped it from its 'business' ... damn hunter!" DrVishnu sighs loudly.

Menethorn slyly winks at Sauce and ruffles the soft fur on his head. A few Kibbler's Bits are pulled from one of Menethorn's many backpacks, and Sauce purrs in contentment.

"How did you create that illusion? I didn't think priests had such magical abilities?" Iantha asks, her curiosity peaked, all signs of her despair completely nonexistant.

"Oh, it wasn't really illusion, or magic. Just my shadow form that I was trying out, and a few tricks I've learned... everything else was already here. Whatever used to occupy this room vacated it centuries before."

"What's this Harbringer of Doom junk you were spouting?" Gerhart asks.

"The runes engraved along the base of the throne, and a few more inscriptions on the walls say something about a Harbringer of Doom, Qua'Bethel, being imprisoned for .... well, I don't know how long. The runes haven't held up over time. You know, the whole Ancient fortress, catacomb, burial ground deal. Who's to say if he/she/it was imprisoned here, or somewhere else. Hopefully we'll find more answers soon."

"Come on, folks. Lets keep moving, we're wasting time." Qadariya states, and the group now bolstered with a few additional members continues deeper into the depths of Grim Batol.
Fradrok

"What is that ... smell?" Shiftiness did not--at all--appreciate being looked at by Jethaya, nor Iantha. Just because you said it, didn't always mean you dealt it.

"Jeptha!" yelled Gerhart. "Come on man, seriously?" Jeptha's eyes, however, screamed his innocence.

"Yeah, I don't think that was Jeptha, guys ..." said Khaylene. "Look!" He pointed to the edges of the room where the walls met the mosaic-patterned floor. Green mist escaped from the cracks.

The party of misfits took on various stages of alarm. Penny grabbed Gerhart, which at any other time would be amusing to see a full grown woman stand tall and wrap her arms around someone's thighs. Doc's chin lowered to his chest and his temples squeezed in on themselves. Even Sauce inched closer to the center of the room and leaned a good deal of weight on Menthorn's leg, tail down.

"Doc," asked Qad, "have you added odor to your newfound abilities?"

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: