View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sir Kindrik

re: WoW Chapter Meeting Notes - December 2013

Welcome everyone to our December Chapter Meeting, thank you for attending.

We're planning on having a monthly team spotlight to introduce different members of the team and help our new and returning members learn about the teams and their responsibilities with-in the chapter.

Membership

New Novices

Outoports
Millessa
Saltyk
Tyrioz
Turlian
Ostatnienelf
Chromia
Daeknight
Agramon
Evang
Celaanassa
Ladan
Yakimoto
Goldoran

Inductions

Ortensia
Moonling

News

Over the last couple of weeks we have had a great influx of novices!  Many of you have referred your loved ones to us and we are very thankful for it.  

I think the community we have built is wonderful; we have a lot of fun and I enjoy interacting with everyone.  One of the things I have enjoyed most in Sanctus Covenir has been the camaraderie.  

Recently a guild who several of our members are friendly with has made the decision to disband.  This has opened up the possibility of a few additional novices coming our way.

That being said we are aware how influxes like this can affect the chemistry and dynamics of our chapter.  When the ratio of Novices to Saints is off then it can be difficult to have each Novice be as involved as we want them to be.  

We have a great community which I want everyone to enjoy.

We are monitoring this situation closely.  At this point future applications, with the exemption of friend and family, will be placed into a waiting period.  We'll re-evaluate applicants that are in queue every 15-30 days.

Raiding

Hello all, Lady Boodikka here to briefly explain the goals and duties of the Chancellors of Raiding.  We strive to treat our fellow brothers and sisters with dignity and respect as we slay monsters in a group environment.  Players that spend an evening with us should expect a fun, family friendly experience as we encounter some of the more challenging content WoW has to offer.

Last month, Kindrik discussed Raiding as a ‘hobby’; similar to playing sports with friends.  As with any hobby, a player needs a bit of guidance to enjoy Raiding in WoW.  Chancellors of Raiding have been tasked with the duty of equipping our players with the skills they need to succeed.  As Senior Battle Chancellor, or SBC, I can be best thought of as team manager of all things related to Raiding.            

The SBC has a few key duties.  First, I strive to, where possible, accommodate the requests of Guild Raiders.  If the Guild is interested in a specific type of raid, it’s my duty to facilitate a group for that task.  I also directly oversee the scheduling of raids, ensuring that invites are open; meaning that raiders who generally meet the requirements get an invite.  Most importantly, I lead my fellow Chancellors.  

Stonestriker is the Command Battle Chancellor, my second in command.  The CBC assists the SBC and is able to perform the duties of the SBC in their absence.  Stone also holds the unofficial title of “Chief Strategist,” as he spends a great deal of time developing the concise instructions you may hear on a Raid Night.   As with the SBC, the CBC is also required to perform any duties given to the Battle Chancellors.   

Battle Chancellors are players that have either volunteered their time to assist with raiding or been signaled out by the SBC to serve the Guild.  These players can be considered some of our BEST raiders; team mates that have a solid grasp on their class and how to excel in a raid environment.  Our current BCs are Tsukinoo, Gerhart, and Alaeria.  We rely on this team to Raid Lead, contribute raid strategies, assess weaknesses in game play, and get the word out to the rest of the guild regarding raiding.  At times, a BC may approach a Saint that wants to raid with some suggestions.  Perhaps it’s a friendly chat about how to reforge or maybe it’s giving a player encouragement to try a Heroic Scenario.  Whatever the case, the BCs are approaching you with the sole intent of sharing some of their vast player knowledge to help. 

Finally, I’d like to remind all Saints that with a Guild this size, there is always room for growth.  We fully understand that sometimes the BEST idea may not come from us.  There is no set number for Chancellors; we are always looking for more players that WANT to contribute to the Guild’s raiding efforts.  Simple things like making a suggestion in the Battle Mastery Forums or passing on a whisper to a BC during a raid make the whole team stronger and are greatly encouraged. 

NEWS :

Friday Night Flex Runs have consistently been our most popular Raid Night.  We are very close to max capacity.  In January, we are looking to start Flex Team Two.  This team will tentatively run from 9:30 til 11:30 pm server on Friday Nights.  We are in need of tanks, heals, and dps to round out the group.  Please speak to any Chancellor if you would like to be part of this new team.  

Keepers of the Covenant

News

The new Keepers of the Covenant forums are up and are ready to be filled with your event ideas!  Please keep an eye out on these forums for events being ran by members and/or the KotC team!

We're in the process of reviewing the current guild bank structure and use and are working to ensure it's up to date with regards to our current expansion/content patch and meeting the chapter's needs.  If you have any feedback about what you would like to see in the guild bank, please talk to an officer.

Zelsara, Emissary of the Covenant, is hosting a Heroic Firelands run this Saturday at 8:30pm Eastern (Server), sign-up using the in-game calendar if you're interested!

We will also be hosting another pet tournament in January.  Dust off your pets and get ready for battle.  We will provide more details about the tournament soon.

Members

The floor is now open for our members - if you have feedback, suggestions, etc. please feel free to use this time to do so - or you can send me or any of the officers feedback in-game or via a private message on our website.

Thank you all for coming!  Remember to re-equip your Weapons and Helms -- and have a good night!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: