View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sir Kindrik

re: WoW Chapter Meeting Notes - November 2013

Chapter Direction (Continued from last meeting)

Raiding

Raiding will continue to be one of our foundational building blocks of the chapter.  You may hear the term "Hobby" from time to time as we discuss aspects of raiding.  This term helps keep perspective on the dedication, discipline, etc that comes with grouping with a large number of people for the goal of slaying that monster at the end of the dungeon (I may have read "The Monster at the End of this Book" one to many times recently).  It also has the domino effect of helping us to better define who we are as a raid team, helping with recruitment (as needed and in conjunction with our Recruitment team), better attendance, etc. We'll be working to ensure all of our policies and procedures are up to date and adjust with each content patch and expansion.  

We also have some long term goals to ensure we have requirements in place to scale as needed.  These long term goals may or may not ever come to fruition, however, we'll have the foundation in place should we ever need to scale.  With scaling it comes down to being able to have and manage multiple raid teams.  It could either be different raid teams going after different difficulties, or different time zones, etc.  With the changes coming in the next expansion (WoD) - some of this may need less actual planning/procedures due to every raid but Mythic becoming a "Flex" raid - however, we'll continue down this path to ensure we can grow successfully as needed.

Keepers of the Covenant

This new section/team of the chapter has been created and has been titled: Keepers of the Covenant

As highlighted in last months meeting, this section is responsible for almost everything that doesn't fall under Raiding or Recruiting.

Guild Bank: They will be responsible for our Guild Bank Operations (Policy, Use, Fund Raising, Organization).

Hosting In-Game Events: This section will also be hosting/organizing in-game events, e.g.: Tournaments, Transmogrification Runs, Achievement Runs, etc.).  

Assist Members with In-game Events:  Want to run and old raid for Transmogrification, but not sure what it takes or how to do it?  Ask a member of this team!  They will be able to help anyone who wants to host one of their own events - or need assistance with a strategy to down a boss from a previous expansion.  They will also be a resource for how to schedule events on the calendar, etc.

This section will also be getting it's own forum, as the other teams have - look for it soon as a place to discuss ideas, requests for help organizing, etc.

Awards

Award Nominations

Sacrifice Award: Zelsara

Part of what makes STC what it is, is the sacrifices made by others in multiple facets. Such facets include, time, crafting materials, passing on loot that is a bigger upgrade for others than themselves, teaching, helping run guild events.

Membership

New Novices

Ortensia

Emmika

Quile

Azanoth

Inductions

Jaame

Thodin

Update/News
Are you a creative writer?  The Saint Advisor team could use your help!  We currently have a set of 6 riddles that we have used for novice quests but we are in need of some new ones to add to the list.  They need to do with WoW and/or Sanctus Covenir.  Some of our current ones have to do with our Codes and Laws and the Saint's Oath.  I appreciate anyone willing to volunteer a small amount of their time to help us.  Thank you!

Raiding

Promotions 

Command Battle Chancellor:  Stonestriker

Battle Chancellor: Alaeria, Gerhart, Tsukinoo

Update/News

We are enjoying a resurgence of interest in all things Raiding.  Flex raiding Siege of Orgrimmar has given our group a great way to play with whomever wants to join.  Stonestriker and Gromov have led us through many exciting nights, including a server third raid achievement!   Well done everyone!   

If you are interested in Flex Raiding, please check out my post in the Battle Mastery forums and contact me in game.  Our peak attendance has been 17, so there is still room on the team!

We would like to offer more than just Flex Raids to the chapter.  Beginning in November, I will be leading a team through all the Guild Glory of the Pandaria Hero achievements.  Our first stop will be Heroic Mogushan Vaults.  See guild website / calendar to sign up or learn more.  10 Man Siege of Orgrimmar starts on November 24th. Please sign up if interested.

Finally, I'd like to say that I am always looking for feedback from anyone in the chapter.  Don't let these sharp Worgen teeth fool you; I am very approachable!  If there is something YOU'D like to see the chapter doing with regards to raiding, my door is always open.  You can speak directly to me, any of my wonderful BCs, or pass an anonymous suggestion on through another officer.

Keepers of the Covenant

Promotions

Maven of the Covenant: Zucanthor

Luminary of the Covenant: Messychick

Emissary of the Covenant: Zelsara

Guildwide Event Announcement: Have Lightsaber, Will Travel

Return to a time that was long ago and a location far far away- Running Saturday November 2, 2013 through Saturday Dec 28, 2013 on the Jedi Covenant server.

Welcome all and join with STC in one of our current games, Star Wars: The Old Republic.   This is the first in a series where members of STC will hold organized events for games from STC's past, present, and possible future that are designed to encourage and facilitate our members in trying new games or revisiting old games.  While these events will contain MMORPGs, there may also be months where we will focus on multi player computer games where you can play with or against (or maybe both) your fellow saints. While members who currently play the game are welcome and are encouraged to participate and assist the sponsoring member, these events are intended to focus on new and newly returned members to the game.

For this particular event, we will be focusing on the Imperial side.  Future events may focus on the Republic side of the game, or be free for all.  Please see our website for more detailed information.

If you have any questions - please let Droktavius (Host of the Event) or Stonestriker know.

Miscellaneous

Belts

Boodikka has launched a ilvl 553 belt crafting topic on the forum with the goal of making an ilvl 553 belt for any level 90 main character in the chapter.  These belts, with assistance in donations from all of you, take 21 days to make per member.  We have quite a few members volunteering to craft and/or donate as well as some with belts already made and others in progress.  If you're interested in a belt, want to help craft, or donate mats - please check out the 553 Item Level Belts topic in the WoW Member Discussion forum on our website.

Royal Satchel (28 slot bag from MoP)

Lustrasza has created a Royal Satchel (28 slot bag from MoP) topic on the forum with an offer to craft these bags.  Also if any other tailors willing to help - post a response to the topic.  Please see the Do you need more bag space? topic in the WoW Member Discussion forum on our website.

Chat Channels

We're in the process of trying to clean up our Team chat channels with-in the game.  If you're no longer holding a position in the chapter, we respectfully ask that you leave the channel by typing: /leave channelname

If you have any questions - please let the Senior Officer of the Team responsible for the channel know.

The floor is now open to everyone if you have any questions/concerns/suggestions you'd like to discuss.  You may also do this privately with me or any officer if you prefer not to state anything publicly.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: