View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cistern-Casey
High Councilor

Awarded:

re: 3rd Quarter '13 Update

Sanctus Covenir Guild Update News

The third quarter of 2013 is here. You know what that means: the Holidays are fast approaching! 

Of course I'm talking about National Evaluate Your Life Day on October 19th, Absurdity Day on November 20th, and Humbug Day on December 21st!

In September we reached a momentous occasion with the 16th anniversary of STC, making us one of the longest lasting guilds to date! We have reached this historic mark because of you, the people who comprise the body, nature, and essence of this great fellowship. STC has always had a policy that stated we are more concerned about the person behind the toon than the toon itself. This has helped us to succeed where others have failed. This has caused us to endure through hardships and trials. This has caused us to remain brothers and sisters within the Saints of the True Covenant! I am confident that we will continue on for many years, through many more games to come, so long as we continue to operate with Truth, Service, and Honor.

We recently saw a change of leadership within the WoW chapter. After many years of service to the guild, Lord Gerhart felt that it was time to step down and allow someone else to lead STC:WoW into the future. Lord Kindrik has agreed to serve as the Lord Preceptor in WoW. We want to thank Lord Gerhart for his many years of service and dedication to STC:WoW. Be sure to post your thanks to him below! 

Many of you know Lord Kindrik, but there may be some who do not, and you may be wanting to know a little more about him. To help with that, I have decided to feature Lord Kindrik in a return edition of the 'Saintly Spotlight'. You can check it out HERE.

With that being said, on to the updates!

Chapter Updates 

WoW:

From Lord Kindrik:

In September, the WoW Chapter under went a successful leadership transition with a new Officer Corps inducted in the October Chapter meeting.  There is a lot of behind the scenes work going on to provide a continued direction for the Chapter and ensure we continue to have a stable foundation from which to work with.

Happeria has been promoted to lead our Recruitment team, as Lady of the Saints, and is leading an effort to ensure our recruitment continues our search for future Saints.  We're also building support for Raiding and Recruitment to work together, as necessary, to fill any gaps we may find ourselves needing.

Boodikka has been promoted to lead our Raiding team, as Senior Battle Chancellor, and is making great strides with the team as they test out the waters with WoW's new Flex Raid system as well as gauging if and when a run at Normal modes may occur.  We're also busy with bringing all of our documentation, policies and procedures up to date - streamlining where we can - and ensuring scalability/durability for the future.

I'm in the process of adding a 3rd team to our Chapter that will cover all non-Raiding/non-Recruitment activities (PvP, Guild Banking, Pet Battle, Achievement Runs, Transmogrification Runs, etc.).  The Senior Officer will be announced in the November Chapter Meeting and over the next few months more details will begin to emerge.

SWtOR:

From Lord Droktavius:

Raid days for us are still every Tuesday and Wednseday evening starting at 7pm Central time. We are actively working on progression with some success. Also, I found that I can update the Raid Progression section, so I've done that.

As for the future, I'd like to see a couple more of our folks come back before I start recruiting. My concern is we have a solid 10 people ATM, with Dave coming back after his vacation, and if I struggle recruiting folks, I'd be leaving those new folks out. Also I'd like to see if I can get Dave more active in helping me run the guild, but I'm not going to pressure him until I can recruit more folks.

I'm also working on the Republic side getting things setup. I was then going to post in the General forum that we are active and moving along, but if they can't bring themselves to play the "bad guys", I am going to try an get the republic side more active. If possible I will setup some nights for raiding if we get enough folks.

Guild Finances

Last year I broke down the annual expenses we have to keep STC up and running as we know and love it. We pay annually for the use of our vent server and website. The costs look like this:

Guildlaunch STC Website: $72 per year 
Domain Name: $** per year (this will continue to be donated by a Saint) 
Vent Server: $197.98 per year 
------------------------------------------- 
Total Yearly Need: $269.98 

If everyone could just pitch in a few dollars here and there, we would be able to cover the costs easily. As it stands we have seen a faithful few who have been willing to donate to this cause. We are asking for your help. There is no amount to little if you are willing to donate. All you have to do is click the 'Donate' button below to donate directly via paypal. 

Make payments with PayPal - it is fast, free and secure!

If you cannot, or do not, want to use PayPal you can send me a PM and I can provide you a physical mailing info if you would like to send a check or money order. I will ensure that your contribution is updated on the site, unless you wish to remain anonymous. 

All we ask is, if you can help, every dollar is greatly appreciated. We know that times are tough for many and RL always comes first so give if and what you can. 
I will keep everyone updated on the progress of this each month, or as needed. 

EDIT: Apparently the link to donate wont work in this post for some reason. You can donate via the DONATE button on the left side of the forums. Thanks!

That's all for this update. Continue the great work, Saints!

Where there is doubt, faith.

Lord Cistern

Grand preceptor of STC

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: