Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> General Interests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sir Kindrik

re: Board Game Tables, etc.

I stumbled upon this site and had to drool a bit over their tables and wanted to share with all you board game geeks out there.
Side note: I'm really surprised they haven't ventured into the 'Board Game Shelf' yet. Maybe that's coming, would love to see what they come up with.

http://www.geekchichq.com/#category-furniture
Zucanthor

That's a great find!

We have a chess table that spends most of its time folded up and not used. We don't really have the space to keep it out all the time. I like the idea of having something that can potentially be functional for other things, yet have a duel purpose for doing gaming... and the more generic that gaming function is, the better.

Definitely will bookmark this site! Thanks! :-)

Ahhh, I love drooling over the Geek Chick tables.

I'd love the Vizier with a Captain's Chair for everyone. Hee, that's the term we use for chairs with arm rests and wheels since we only have one around our gaming table at the moment. I like that the player stations can be concealed because you simply don't need that much space for certain games. If we ever win the lottery, that's my first purchase, hahahahaha.
Happeria

A friend of mine has one of those (though she's an online friend so I've yet to see it in person ;)). She uses it for D&D as well as jigsaw puzzles.

re: Re: Board Game Tables, etc.

Sir Kindrik wrote:

Side note: I'm really surprised they haven't ventured into the 'Board Game Shelf' yet. Maybe that's coming, would love to see what they come up with.

Organizing our game collection is a bit of an obsession for me Happy I dream of matching 7 feet tall black shelves, 10 inches deep, . Instead we have games piled in every single room...
Sir Kindrik

boardgamegeek.com has a lot of posts (that I've found while trying to research for an actual "boardgame shelf") that rave about the Ikea shelves - specifically the Expedit editions - they are stable and stackable. If I can't find anything better, I think we may go that route someday - though maybe from the Hemnes collection instead.

Though if anyone ever finds a company that is specifically making shelves designed for boardgames, do share!

Here's a few examples from boardgamegeek.com from people that have posted:

Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Happeria

Funny you post those, as I look over at our Expedits.. Happy I found it was a great place to store my board games and puzzles on the top row and bins for the kids toys below it. Our TV is on top.

Jump to: