View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerhart STC
High Councilor

Awarded:

re: WOW Chapter Meeting Notes - September 2012

Thanks to all of you who took time out of your play schedules to attend this meeting. Before I get into the meeting, I want to announce to you that STC is celebrating it's 15th Birthday this month. This is an amazing accomplishment as many guilds last only a couple of years. The website has some of STC's storied history presented in the Vault Section. I suggest looking at this section to get a full appreciate of STC's great history!

This is an important meeting because it is the kickoff to the next WOW expansion. I am very excited to see some of the changes that Blizzard has announced. Many have posted on the website, and I hope you visit it to see the links. There are also some great resources within the guild for information.

New Novices:
Please welcome our new novices:
Happeria
Glangar
Meileiki
Zucanthor
Also they have some children who play.

UduntCMe

Inductions:
Lianthanon
Myrranda
Neritchax
ZacharyGoss
Firdalf

Award Nominations:
Alenea - Duty
Awarded those that have proven that they value STC, its Values and most of all her People. They put the extra effort forth and donate their personal and in game time to help make STC what it is today.

Officers:
Kindrik - Senior Chancellor
Lustraza - Saint Advisor/Bank Cleaner
Tsuki - Saint Advisor (Previously served as LoS)

Recruiting:
With the eventual return of people to WOW for Mists, this is a great time to start to think about potential recruits. We have been lucky to have added to our family recently. Adding more members helps us to fill out groups for content.

It is our intention to utilize the Looking For Guild in-game feature. While we have a a great group of people, we are looking for more individuals to help fill out our ranks with quality people to keep the WOW Chapter thriving. We are not looking for anything other than people who fit the STC ideal whether they PVP, raid, or just quest.

Class Leaders:
We are looking for volunteers for Class Leaders. A class leader would be a person who loves learning about their toons and plays a class and is comfortable answering questions. Obviously, a person who fills this position must be proficient at playing their class as we want to send other people who play the class to you for tips about how to be better. We can have one person be a Class leader for multiple classes but would like to spread it out so they do not get inundated with questions. We can also have multiple Class Leaders so that if one person is not available you can find another. This is not an "official" Officer position but a position of importance to help those within the guild.

Raiding:
With the change to the 5.0 Class Talents, many of us need to adjust to our new playstyle. Also while addons are being updated, we are going to take a break from regular raiding. If people feel comfortable, we may try an easier raid. I cannot guarantee organizing much as I need to focus on the changes to the guild as we ramp up for Mists. If people want to organize on their own, though, please feel free to utilize the in-game calendar. Invites must be open to the invite list.

In short, I am not sure at this moment if we are going to have any scheduled raids by the BC's until the expansion hits. Please feel free to schedule a raid on your own using our invites. I can give you access.

Raiding Main
We need people to start thinking about their raiding mains. We are going to put a post on the website and you will need to sign up your raiding Main and one Alt (if you have one) with your specs (main and alt spec). This does not lock you in for the expansion but it does give us the idea of what we may need. For example, someone may decide to pick a tank spec if we are low on tanks. It is just in preparation.

Raiding Schedule
There will be a post on the website to figure out the schedule that people can attend the raids. We typically have our meetings on Wednesday nights but may change this around due to our raiding schedule. At this time, we have only had one distinct raid team, but if we get enough interest, we can form two and they do not need to go on the same nights. It all depends on your participation. If you do not post on the website, then your voice will not be heard.

LFR:
The Looking For Raid tool is used as preparation for raiders and for those who want to raid but may not have the time to dedicate to raiding on the STC schedule. Initially until raiders are determined to be geared for raiding, BC's will limit raiding to the LFR raids (that is based on gear requirement determined by Blizzard). The BC's will also utilize the LFR to see where people stand with their adjustment to playstyle changes and gear.

Dungeon Gear Run:
Dungeon gear runs are used as preparation for raiding and also to provide group content for guilds. What we want to make sure happens is that people are helping others gear up whether someone is a raider or just loves doing new content. It's the STC way to support your fellow Saint. I know some people are going to rush to gear up right away, but I ask that you still help those who need it. Dungeon Gear Runs will be the main activity for Raiders on the Calendar until the BC's feel the raiders are ready for raiding. If we go by previous expansions, this is around a month of time.

Achievements:
Mist Profession Achievement:
As some of you may know, there is an achievement associated with leveling all professions, including gathering to the 600 level. Stonestriker has prepared a post for the website which will be unveiled to explain the rules. The reason for attaining this achievement is to unlock the Heirloom Legs which will be utilized by the whole guild for leveling their Alts. The rules are in place to make sure all know what the intent will be. We hope that everyone will help contribute to the guild achieve and unlock the Heirloom Legs.

Legendaries:
Tyrraell has been trying to complete Valynar from Ulduar. He has put the invites on the schedule and only gotten some people to show up. Are there better nights for people to attend? For example would a Friday night be better? This is a great time to make the push right before the expansion.

Non-Raiding Events:
Event Coordinator
Before I get into the non-raiding events, I need to point out that we are in need of an Event Coordinator. Of all the people in the guild, this person can play a significant role in keeping non-raiders and raiders alike busy with activities and building a stronger guild. It's an important position that requires someone who likes to schedule and put on events.

Gnome Run
The Gnome Run has been an event we have run a couple of times previously. It is usually a great event where we have someone start a level 1 gnome and have a party try and protect them as they reach specific locations. See the example on the website:
http://sanctuscovenir.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5448509&gid=142626
http://sanctuscovenir.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7005837&gid=142626

Fishing Tournament
There is the thought of putting on a Fishing Tournament before Mists is launched. These have been very successful in helping us acquire fish for Feast for raiding. If we were to hold, we would probably do a shorter one. You can see how our Fishing Tournaments were run previously here:
http://sanctuscovenir.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6332324&gid=142626

On a related note, we are 35,000 of 50,000 from Like Shoot Fish in a Barrel. Please if you are fishing please fish from pools.

Pet Battle Tournament
A Pet Battle Tournament could be a tournament of only STC players or be opened up where we give rewards to the winners from the guild bank. We would need someone to organize and keep the tournament in order. We would also like to hold it in a public place to attract attention. A thought was just outside the gates of Stormwind. That way we can attract additional players for larger tournaments or even gain recruits who are interested in what STC has to offer. If you are interested in being an Event Coordinator or just a Pet Battle Tourney coordinator please speak to me.

Scenarios
http://www.wowwiki.com/Scenario
Scenarios are story driven short instances which do can be queued for but do not require specific defined roles (tank, healer, dps). As of now they require three players. They are like group quests that you can queue for. These will be a great way to group up with fellow Saints and do something a little less stressful than a dungeon.

PVP
While we do not have a large contingent of PVPers, we do have some who are interested. Is there someone who is really into PVP who would like to fill the position of Battle Chancellor for PVPers? This would require scheduling a night of PVPing and trying to build up the resources and information related to PVP. Anyone who has interest please talkwith me.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: