View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cistern-Casey
High Councilor

Awarded:

re: June Update

June 2012

Well it’s that time again…time for another monthly update on the state of Saints of the True Covenant.
Some interesting facts about June:

June is national candy month! Go ahead and eat your weight in candy because it is expected of you this month! June is also Turkey Lover’s Month. On average, Americans will consume 353 million pounds of turkey this month. Still not as much candy as will be consumed this month, I think.

Chapter Updates:

WoW Chapter Update:
Lord Preceptor Gerhart: wrote:

The WOW Chapter is eagerly awaiting the release of the next expansion of Mists of Pandaria (MOP). During this "slow" time, we are still raiding the Dragon Soul Raid at least twice per week to get gear, experience (on Mains and Alts), achievements, and of course, the Legendary Rogue Daggers. People who are looking for assistance in getting into raiding need only send a PM to me so that we can help you as best we can. Also note there are many crafters in the guild who are looking to help create or enchant gear or cut gems. Use the in-game profession tab to find the person to contact. Also, check out that bank to see if there are any items of use to you and send me a PM with your request.
As the summer approaches people are spending some quality time under that yellow orb, the Sun. Also Diablo 3 has caught many people's attention - who does not like a good hack and slash game? Despite this, every time I log in, there is usually at least 3 or 4 people playing. Make sure you drop in and check in and also check your calendar to see if someone has posted an event.
We currently have four novices in the Chapter and it's nice to see the influx of new people. Building relationships with newer members is important so grouping for content is always suggested. If you have any questions or comments (either as a new member or old) please feel free to speak up in Guild Chat or post on the Forums.
Hopefully by the next update, we will have gotten the Fangs and can report that MOP is closer on the horizon!!

ToR Chapter Update:
Lord Preceptor Dakari: wrote:

SW: ToR has had a great month of May, and it is continuing into June.
Recruiting: Our recruiting team (led by Lord Jethaya, who has done a remarkable job) has inducted another ten Saints to full Sainthood. These members are a welcome addition to the family, and not only give SW: TOR more members, but each has filled a spot in our family in their own unique way. TOR will continue trying to recruit at a high level, as people come and go over the course of the summer months we believe it is important to stay on top of a growing guild.
Patch 1.3 looms large:
The new patch will provide more content, more things to do, and another new tier of gear. As always with new content our raid teams will probably try to jump right in led by Lord Droktavius.
Raiding:
Groups 1 and 2 have been very successful in both story modes (2 of 3 zones cleared easily, Denova the newest zone has only one boss left to clear) and hard modes (2 of 3 zones on farm, zone three will be starting hard mode versions soon) Group 3 is also running, and I have seen pickup groups going on during the week as well to try to accomodate our members as best as possible. It has been fun to see new people cycle into the groups as play times change, and we have had a few new recruits get into the raiding scene as well. A re-evaluation for the 1.3 tier will need to be done and a potential to start a new group is always out there.
As a whole I am pleased with the progress of SW: TOR and it is owed directly to our officers, and Senior Officer team. Members like Jethaya, Hybus, Zetan, Drummel, Drok and many others have helped provide the leadership needed to make TOR a strong home for STC.

Diablo III:
Tyrael: wrote:

Things are going well in D3. Saints are enhancing their gaming experience by grouping together, communicating and sharing loot. Most saints are level 20-40, but saints are reaching level 60 with help from other saints who continue to aid them when needed . At the moment, gear isn't an issue, for level 60s get a loot/gold drop increase and are passing gear down to other saints. Currently, Alenea,Exudo, Jeptha,Naton,Neoblast and Tyrael are level 60 and working on act I/II on Inferno mode.
Saints that are playing together to my knowledge: (Delph and Thal) (Penny and Gerhart)(Alenea,Jeptha,Naton,Neoblast,Tyrael, Coolpapa, Ibiteback, Vloris, Lachdanon and Duramax) ( there may be a few STOR people playing together as well)
PvP: When PvP is implement, Manyu saint including myself will be looking for other saints to compose PvP teams.
Other note: If anyone needs help on class,spec, rotation, quests,bosses,gear,mats,gold, ect. feel free to ask one of your fellow saints for help.

We currently have a level 60 toon in every class, each one has done substancial theory and in-game testing and development with their characters and would be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Other Updates:

Financial Requirements of STC:
Last month I broke down the financial requirements and needs of operating STC. The costs consisted of our website fees, domain fees, and vent usage fees. The total requirements per year for us to operate as we do currently stands at $269.98 per year. With our deficit from the previous year of $127.36 added to the expenses for 2012, our total as of May was showing to be $397.43.
Since May’s update, we have received a whopping $155.00 from awesome Saints! This leaves our total remaining need for 2012 at $242.34. We are getting closer to our goal, but we still need more help. If you are able to give even a few dollars, every little bit will help keep STC operating as we have grown to expect it to.

All donations made will be used to support STC. You can donate via PayPal by clicking on this button:

Forum Image

If you cannot, or do not, want to use PayPal you can send me a PM and I can provide you a physical mailing info if you would like to send a check or money order. I will ensure that your contribution is updated on the site, unless you wish to remain anonymous.

All we ask is, if you can help, every dollar is greatly appreciated. We know that times are tough for many and RL always comes first so give if and what you can.
I will continue keep everyone updated on the progress of this each month, or as needed.

Minor Chapter:
This month the ToR Republic minor chapter was moved from Whitebeam Run to Canderous Ordo, where our current major Sith chapter resides. The reason this was done was do that Saints would benefit from Bioware’s Legacy System rewards that are gained and can only be used on that server.
What are some things we need to know about minor chapters?
Quote:
What is a Minor Chapter?
A minor chapter is an unsanctioned chapter of STC. There may be a few Saints that play here off and on or full time.

Who is allowed to join Minor Chapters?
Any and all fully inducted Saints.

Can we recruit friends, family or other people into a minor chapter?
Short answer: No
Long Answer: Since the chapter is not fully sanctioned there is not a full officer team present to manage and handle recruiting or recruits.

Can we raid or do other events in this chapter?
If you choose to make this where you play full time you are encouraged to group with and raid with other people/guilds. Normally there aren't enough players in a minor chapter to facilitate a full guild Raid.

Can the chapter become fully sanctioned?
Yes, if there is a contingent of players that are willing to fill the officer roles and meet the sanctioning criteria.

If you are in need of an invite, or have further questions about this minor chapter, please contact Lord Dakari or myself.

June Birthdays:
Quote:

June 1: Senth, Drummel
June 2: Delph
June 4: Amayachan
June 6: Kel Zar
June 11: Downrunner
June 14: Jethaya
June 17: LynnGA
June 18: SaraLivia
June 20: Coolpapa
June 23: Gotownd

To be loved, as to love with all my soul,

Lord Cistern
Grand Preceptor or STC

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: