Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> General Interests
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
ranger2
Saint

re: Favorite Books/Authors

My all time favorite is the Elric Saga by Michael Moorcock and most of the other books in the Eternal Champion series:

http://www.amazon.com/Michael-Moorcock-Eternal-Champion-Tales/lm/ZUU5Z1Y97T5Z

Another favorite series is the Sword books from Fred Saberhagen:

http://www.berserker.com/FredsSwords.html
Gyzz/Gaffle
Saint

Eagerly awaiting the final Wheel of Time book, and (finally) got around to reading A Song of Ice & Fire last year.

Recently I picked up The Passage by Justin Cronin, and really liked it. Not usually big on vampire/sci-fi stuff, but it was very well written.

I grew-up on R.A. Salvatore, but I went back to read some of the latter Drizzt books and just couldn't get into them.
Happeria

Sci-Fi/Fantasy:

Orson Scott Card:
Enders Game series

Arthur C. Clarke:
Rendezvous with Rama

Terry Brooks:
All of the Shannara books :)

Brian Pratt:
The Unsuspecting Mage

Other:

Anne Rice:
Mayfair Witches Series
Vampire Series

Laurell K. Hamilton:
Anita Blake Series (I'm on #8 of the series right now)

Other than that I mostly do diet/lifestyle and parenting books at this point. :P

Last edited by Happeria on 2014/04/09 7:52; edited 1 time in total

Added a couple of books/series that I've picked up recently and updated the primary list to include the more recent posts.

Just added the Mistborn trilogy to my list of recommendations/favorites. It's probably the best trilogy I've read to date. Not your standard fantasy, but an amazing trilogy non-the-less.
Boodikka!

Mostly these days I read comics but as a kid I read anything I could get my hands on.

For Comics/Graphic Novels, my favorite author is Geoff Johns. He's written the greatest Flash/Justice League/Green Lantern storylines. Probably the best thing I can recommend in the Flashpoint series. We all know Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and the Flash, whether we are fans of the genre or not. But what if they weren't the heroes we know today? What if Aquaman and Wonder Woman chose to use their powers to destroy Europe? What if Bruce Wayne died as a child or Clark Kent was not rescued by a kindly older couple in Kansas? If you are interested, you can find almost any and all comics online to read for free.

I also like to read Manga, and follow a very good series on Manga Fox called LIAR GAME. This is a very math-y story about a naive girl who gets entered into a game where the objective is to win by trickery. It's incredible!

As far as actual books go, lately I'm reading series that my kids will one day get interested in, like Harry Potter, Artemis Fowl, and Percy Jackson. They are awesome!!!

Oh, I also really like the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher.

Oddly, pretty much everything I listed has a kind of similar theme. I like stories that don't take the expected path Happy
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> General Interests All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: