View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cistern-Casey
High Councilor

Awarded:

re: Goodbye, SWG

It looks like SWG will be closing its doors permanently this year. After 8 years the MMO will be ending in 2011.

More HERE

I played a lot of SWG, both with STC during its fun run there, and with some folks on another server after STC left. I am somewhat sad to see it go.

Mortition
High Councilor

Awarded:

A lot of them will be out the door soon. I agree it is sad. I will be sad when they close down EQ for good. They do still have a strong player base though so it might be a bit.

I had heard a rumor last week that Steam has shown interest over the last year in purchasing an MMO and EQ was one of the games in the list. It would not surprise me if they thought they could make money hosting and supporting the game that they would do that. Not sure where that would go but the person I talked too works for them out in the northeast and told me they thought if the deal got done it would be announced this Christmas season. She said that Steam would purchase the game rights and continue hosting and support for the current version, but if they maintained a stron player base could look to develope an advanced version.

Like I said it is all rumor, ther person I know is reliable in knowing this stuff but said she really has no concrete info, and only knows about this stuff because she works on the contract proposals for stuff like that for Steam.

She is an old high school buddy, and she was the one who told me about the thing with Steam coming back with left for dead sometime in 2014 or 15.

Jump to: