View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sabreth
Sabreth
High Councilor

re: Sanctioning Ceremony

I've had a few requests to post this for everyone to see, so here it is =-)

Hear Ye, hear ye, hear ye! We stand here today to mark a most joyous occasion! The STC <game> chapter has fulfilled their mission in meeting the stringent requirements set forth by the Sanctus Covenir High Council!

<LP>, officers and Saints that are venturing into this new world, please step forward.

You have chosen to carry out the task of forging and establishing a new Chapter of Sanctus Covenir and to personify her ideals of truth, honor, and service in the world of <game>

Your mission is to forge new friends, allies and Saints; to uphold the laws and values of STC; and most of all to have fun and many adventures in this strange new world!

Do you, STC of <game>, accept this mission and all that is involved?

(await for all answers of 'Aye' to come through)

With the trust, support and blessing of the High Council of the Saints of the True Covenant, I hereby pronounce you Sanctus Covenir of <game>!!

Saints, please help me in congratulating our brothers and sisters for being brave enough to venture into this new world to establish an STC presence and open a whole new chapter for Sanctus Covenir.

(cheers, applauds, tears, congratz, champagne, etc. ensue at this point.

FWIW, while Sab was saying this in Ventrillo last night, he was also /yell'ing it in Rift. We received several /yell shutup/not an RP server/general whining messages, but also had a few folks come find us on the steps of Meridian and /cheer for us. The QQ'rs were added to /ignore by most of us and the /cheering crowd was much appreciated.

Thank you, Sab, for a truly impressive Sanctioning ceremony.
Lightmy...fire

I enjoyed the sanctioning ceremony. Is this wording carried over from the old days (UO, EQ) or updated recently?

I know, as you well know, that STC is often burdened with this sort of heckling at meetings. However, I'm glad to hear that it may have brought you more recruits and at the very least, vocal supporters!

Thanks to Sab and our Rift (and WoW) chapters for narrating a momentous occasion!

Shyyva
Saint

Can't say that I ever recall a sanctioning ceremony in our past. I'm pretty sure our awesome GP came up with this ceremony and speech on his own.
Sabreth
Sabreth
High Councilor

The Sanctioning Ceremony is something that I started working on before I became GP, when Lord Qordinn started working on the sanctioning requirements for new chapters in preparation for SW:ToR. As that discussion was started last summer, the ceremony has been written, rewritten and tweaked quite a bit since then.

I am glad you guys enjoyed it as it definitely has been a labor of love for me. I have spent countless hours reading it, rereading it, reciting it and tweaking the flow. Actually having finally performed the ceremony I have some changes I am planning to make to make it flow better.

Awarded:

welll it was Great work cant wait to ear the new version Happy

Very good ceremony.

I really enjoyed it.

Excited to see your revised format and see it put into action with ToR.

Awarded:

Aye Sab took the initiative to write this and I had it approved when I was GP so we've had it on the burner waiting for months heh. Some minor changes were suggested by some the High Council but 99% of the credit goes to Sab.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> The Vault All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: