Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> Technical Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glibmute
Saint

re: Please don't make me install vanilla then patch...

I've sold my old computer and am likely delivering it this weekend, but will not get my new computer until probably the day after memorial day. I have a brand new uber shiny MacBook Pro from work, but I'm not sure I want to put Warcraft on there.

A few questions:

Is it possible to copy WoW onto my external 1tb HD, then copy it from there to my new computer so I don't have to do the 'day o patching'

If I do copy it onto the HD, will I be able to run it off that HD on my Mac, or will I need to download and patch a Mac copy (I know, it's a USB 2.0 HD so it won't load quickly, etc. I'll probably just work on getting fishing maxed out and maybe some farming). I do not have nor want to install a second OS with Bootcamp.

If the first is possible and the second isn't, will the copies of WoW for different OSs on the same HD cause a singularity and destroy all life as we know it, or will they find common ground and coexist peacefully until their inevitable parting of ways?

And also, who in their right mind doesn't like blueberry pancakes? I mean, honestly. . .

Cistern-Casey
High Councilor

Awarded:

Anytime I have ever changed machines or reformatted, I have simply copied the WoW folder over to an external, and then copied it back after with no issues. It has played for me like this several times over without giving me any errors or causing any bugs.

Peneloperose
High Councilor

Awarded:

I prefer chocolate chip. wink

Another option is if you got a disk version of Cataclysm, you can install the entire game (to 4.0) from that DVD and then minor patching from there.

When it comes down to me against a situation, I don't like the situation to win.

You cannot leave behind what is always at your side.
hotblackdesiato
Saint

Hi Delphi

Does cata disc have entire game to date

That is good to know.

Cheers

Hot

N' that's what you get
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> Technical Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: