View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stonestriker/Thal
High Councilor

re: New, New Hope

Well, I have placed my house in the Radiant Galaxy on Naboo, and it's right on the beach, just a little north of where I remember us having the New Hope guild hall. Nothing in it yet, but it's there. I eventually hope to place a bigger house, and a few crafting machines, but that will take time. Right now, there arn't many playing, so there is really no big market for crafted items, at least at the lower levels.

There are significant changes in SWG since I left. The NGE (new game experience?, engine,???) has been fairly well fleshed out. Additionally, you can play any class right off and have 2 character slots per server.

It's now a level based game, similar to EQ, EQII, WoW, etc. However, some classes have gone away or been completely revamped. The Beast mastery can be taken by anyone, but it takes skill points (similar to WoW class points). I believe everyone can be a politician as well, but I don't know how this works.

Crafters are still their own class, but I don't know how well they do in combat as I have not played one.

I've been following quest lines for leveling, but I can take other quests (and missions) if I wanted to for experience. So far, I have outleveled or kept up with levels just by doing the storyline quests.

Also, the PvP has changed slightly. You can now be neutral, aligned, or special forces. Neutral means unaffiliated with the rebels or the empire (but some neutral factions means you might be attacked by NPCs of one or both) Aligned means you can do PvE raids and instances, but are not attackable by other players. Special Forces means you can attack player installiations and fight other players.

I realize that the changes to the game pissed a bunch of people off, but I think that had it launched as it currently is, a lot of people would like it and it would be a very viable MMO.
Cistern-Casey
High Councilor

Awarded:

re: New, New Hope

I actually still really enjoy this game, but I havent played it in a while because I was lonely . I really get bored with no STC to talk to or run with.

I think the space missions are awesome fun, too! I may reinstall and sub up to play around on it a little bit more.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: