Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> Technical Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shynei

re: router trouble

Hey guys I finally tried to log into wow today and lo and behold.....it won't let me connect. My roommate has her old router but we have no password or know how to fix it. the host computer no longer exists. I cannot get on to Xbox live either. I'm still gonna try the old fashion way (aka Ethernet cable) but I am not computer savvy. the router is a Belkin but i don't know if that will help. i am sooooo confused.

what I am really trying to say is....maybe (crosses fingers) by the end of the month I can play video games again. if not, I'm gonna buy a new router. anyone have any recommendations?

Fradrok

Most routers have a tiny reset button on the back that you can find a paper-clip or something to use to push it in. Get the power going and push that tiny button for like 15 or 20 seconds (or until all lights start blinking).

Another tip would be to get on Belkin's website and download the .PDF online manual. It may even tell you the default password to use once you've reset it.

Jethaya
Saint

Awarded:

Frad is right if you push the reset button all you have to do is acess the

setup page of your router

All Belkin Router's ship without an admin password.

Setup steps:

Open a web browser on the computer.
In the address bar of the web browser, type http://192.168.2.1
Click Login in the upper right-hand corner of the page. The router does not ship with a password, so just click Submit.

then you should be able to acess the setup pages you need

hope this helped

Jethaya

so it turns out that the apartment complexes internet restricts any type of gaming, web cam use etc. I had to pay for a speed increase and a 1.54 Mbps downstream and 768kbps upstream. I'm hoping that this fixes it but it looks like it can take up to a day to do. after that, i'll see if resetting the router does anything. and I'll probably buy a new router. Thanks for the input.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> Technical Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: