View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alresco
Saint

re: Defending Against FOA

Quote:
Written by Ozzy. I do not remember what FOA, CJD, or PoV mean.

Twas an insane day in Yew indeed. Around early evening I was in the Empath Abbey, to pick the minds of Britannia's finest scholars, and saw the room with the chest holding the black rock, that the Followers of Armageddon so badly need, being heavily guarded. I walked up and saw many members of CJD, a few PoV guarding the door, and within minutes of my word, there was a large contingent of my guild, STC there. We waited bravely, making a human wall blocking the entrance of the room. 'Twas a fail-safe plan you see, for inside the room was beasts of many sorts: drakes, pigs, the now formidable llamas, and horses all standing on top of the chest. Our defenses were impenetrable.

As the night crawled on, many had given up hope of seeing the FOA make a move and went home, while others fell asleep. Soon, a man came running up the stairs proclaiming that he had seen a giant cloud, many many feet wide coming towards Yew from the south. Another report from my guildmate said the same thing, that a wanderer in the woods saw it, and could not track the cloud. Minutes later, the mystical Seer Nikademus arrived, overwhelmed by the crowd that guarded the door.

He reinstalled pride in our hearts when he spoke "It is rare for so many to pull together like this. Ye should be proud." The Seer was kind enough to answer a mighty onslaught of questions. He did not foresee anything about a future FOA move, and said "If I know that, I'd tell ye. These knaves must be caught already."

After inspecting the room with the chest the Seer disappeared. Again rumors flew. Was it the end of the world? Was there anyway of stopping the infamous FOA.... these questions lingered, and crushed our morale. What came next was the biggest blow of all. The Seer reappeared with Dayel Stormcrow, a key player in hunting the FOA. He said that he had been in the Abbey 4 nights ago, and saw that the chest was unguarded. He ran to the room only to see Martoo Saul by himself next to the chest. Martoo recalled, and when Stormcrow checked the chest it was still locked. He had hoped that he had gotten there in time. It turns out he had not. Martoo told a guard in the Yew prison, in front of Seer Nikademus and Stormcrow, that he had in fact gotten the black rock, and that ALL the chests in Britannia were empty.

He also said that Junin was planning an attack on The Serpent's Cross Tavern. Quickly many of the faithful Yew citizens recalled to get to the Tavern. Luckily, many STC scouts were already patrolling the Greater Yew Area, and heard the call to arms, while others continued their patrol. By the time I was closing in on the tavern (I had no rune), I saw three ettins and some Orc captains headed my way. Knowing I was close, I dodged one ettin, took out an Orc captain, and let the rest of the monster party chase me to the tavern. When I finally saw the familiar decorative hedges of the tavern, I nearly fell to my knees. The screen was full of warriors, but more notably hundreds of ettins, orcs, trolls, and even a drake. I saw my guildmate, Victor the mightiest blacksmith in all Britannia, fighting three trolls at once, without breaking a sweat. I myself was being pounded by an ettin and troll, but managed to hold my ground when my guildmate Shayde came to my rescue.

'Twas death that I saw on that battlefield. Many brave citizens fell at the hands of the evil monster entourage, but it seemed that most of the town was out on the battlefield. Recently resurrected ghosts were clawing with their bare hands at the tough skin of the orc captains, archers resiliently fired their arrows into the legs of the giant ettins, and even the Serpent Cross owners, Dows and Perianwyr Stormcrow, were slaying a fair count of monsters. In all the madness, I saw the FOA NickofTime. He had snuck into the fray and was marking my rune. That is when I made my move, deftly weaving in between monsters, I raised my mighty halberd to the air, only to have it knocked down by a Troll from behind. I had to deal with the troll first, as he had already destroyed my bone helmet. By the time the beast was dead, others spotted NickofTime, and fired their weapons, but the inhuman warriors proved too strong.

I do not know if NickofTime made it out alive, but I think I would have seen many rejoicing around his corpse if he had not. Wave after wave after wave, the onslaught continued, until finally the ground was covered with corpses- human and monster alike. I sat down on the ground, badly beaten, and sipped an Orange potion when I heard the familiar voice of Seer Nikademus. He seemed shaken a bit, and would only answer select questions. He saw no future move of FOA, and said "Junin's attack failed here today. I know not where the FOA strike next." It doesn't look good for Britannia as we know it, but fighting today made me so proud when we could putaside our petty differences and come together. Thank you and congratulations to all who fought.

~Ozzy of STC
Itannar/Sigmun
Saint

re: Defending Against FOA

FOA stands for Followers of Armageddon... a cult devoted to casting the ultimate spell that would destroy the world (by reuniting the shattered shards that comprise the world of Ultima). The other initials are for guilds which I have forgotten.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> The Vault All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: