Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> Technical Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kellindel75
Saint

re: Lower your latency!

PLEASE READ BEFORE PROCEEDING!

This guide will give you DETAILED instructions to lower your ms (latency)! This is simply a registry tweak. PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT EDITING THE REGISTRY IS A VERY RISKY OPERATION! Anything you do incorrectly can severely compromise the stability/performance of your PC. If you do not feel comfortable or feel you lack the skills to complete this guide PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT! I cannot stress enough how vital the registry is to the operating system! I found the original guide for this whilst surfing the net, however I cannot recall the website . ALL credits go to the Original poster. I simply have changed the instructions to make it a little user friendly. Simply complete the 3 STEPS BELOW.

STEP 1:
Close World of Warcraft
Click Start > Run > Regedit
Browse to these locations:
> Hkey_Local_Machine
> System
> CurrentControlSet
> Services
> TCPIP
> Parameters
> Interfaces
Then look inside each of the folders inside “interfaces” and find an entry called DHCPIPADDRESS.

STEP 2:
Right click in the right hand window (whilst inside interfaces) where all the other keys are
Select New > DWORD (32-bit value)
Call it: TcpAckFrequency (Make sure it is with that correct case and spelling)
Right click your new key (which should be TcpAckFrequency) > Modify
Make the Value = 1 and make sure Hexadecimal is selected and press OK and exit regedit.

STEP 3:
Go to Start
Right click My Computer > Manage
On the left Pane select device manager
On the right pane expand Network Adapters
Right click on YOUR Network Adapter > Disable
Should have a red X on it (in vista has a down arrow)
Right click it again > Enable
Restart computer
DONE!
(Have not tried for wireless yet but it’s the same as above only you select your wireless network adapter)

I have done this on many computers and have found that the results really vary from computer to computer. I have had improvements of 500ms less, yet I have only had 80ms improvements as well. THIS DOES NOT COMPRIMISE THE STABILITY OF WORLD OF WARCRAFT, YOUR INTERNET OR YOUR COMPUTER OR ITS SECURITY! I have had no problems arising from this tweak, and I expect not to. This is completely safe (providing you follow what I have done PRESICLY) and is perfectly allowed and legal. This does work, as I have said I have done this on many computers and ALL have improved in some way. I also noticed an increase in LAN games, internet browsing and so forth...

re: Lower your latency!

Leatrix Latency Fix:
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info13581-LeatrixLatencyFix.html

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> Technical Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: