View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
DrVishnu

re: A Chronological History of STC

Quote:
Ultima Online (UO) (Atlantic Shard) - 1997 to 2002, Sanctioned 1997 to 2002?
LP - Saint Max
LP- Grunt
LP - Strider 1999/2000
LP - Alresco
LP - Itannar (maybe)

UO was still a sanctioned game well into our foray into EQ2. I think Itannar did take over LP after Alresco, but there were a couple more after him...including yours truly. We didn't have much of a presence, but we did manage to accomplish a few things, mostly by way of our long standing alliance with CM (they were pretty hurting for active players, too). I'm sure Dano could fill in the details of the various LPs. Probably will even have dates, etc.

re: STC History

(I edited this after seeing that most of the information I put here today is posted on the Vault). Thanks for preserving those two accounts.

I was the first LP of UO and the guild in general but stepped down in favor of Saint Max not long after entering the game.

My memory is not perfect, but this is what I believe to be the chronology at least in UO when it was sanctioned:

LP Itannar
LP Saint Max
LP Grunt
LP Strider

(A lot of leading Saints left UO for EQ about this time)

LP Itannar
LP Skirel

I am not sure who came after Skirel or if I resumed the leadership. I think Kylan was also LP but cannot be sure. I know Alresco became Grand Preceptor, but I do not remember if he was ever LP of UO... have to ask him. Nick was also very active during the later period and did a lot to keep UO alive. Looking back, I should have made him LP when I stepped down the second time (just FTR).
Qadariya
Qordinn Morte
High Councilor

Awarded:

Thanks for the reply Dano! Good to see you still around ;) We have a definite interest in keeping our history going, anything you may have to contribute is most appreciated.

Gerhart STC
High Councilor

Awarded:

Yes, thanks to all for the contributions so far. As I have not been a gamer as long as most of you, it is interesting to read up on the older games as well as learn the history of STC and its members. I would appreciate any further history/information people want to share. Also, if there are stories, we have preserved what we could from previous posts but always appreciate more.
Dakari
High Councilor

Awarded:

Dan,

Do you have any of the old stories from the UO board still? I used to love reading those and it gave me a sense of UO from a character perspective. I am sure some of the folks here would love to read some of that history regarding Thrax and others.

I've sent an old hard drive in for recovery to see if I can get a backup of our old site, sadly hostingplex did not do backups.
Alresco
Saint

re: More History

Hello All!

The list of GPs is somewhat correct, with a few omissions.

Max was first, followed by Itannar, then Max again, then yours truly. I served in the 2001-2002ish range. Kirth was also GP for a while. I don't remember if he served before or after Volenmere.

I was never LP of UO, but did serve as Chancellor there. I was LP of Diablo 2, which lasted a very short time.

Zeena took over as LP of DAoC after Mandos.

Some really bad stuff happened during the DAoC expansion while I was serving as GP. I don't know if I really want to go into it here. Suffice it to say that we almost fractured as a guild and I faced a very difficult choice which cost me some of my best friends in the guild. I don't know if they've every forgiven me, but the guild survives to this day, so I'm confident that I made the right choice.

Nice to see you all again.

Long Live STC!
Qadariya
Qordinn Morte
High Councilor

Awarded:

Thanks for the info Joel, it's greatly appreciated! Yep, we're still kicking...amazing though it is

Qadariya
Qordinn Morte
High Councilor

Awarded:

Don't know how I missed this before but the GP line should have read Jakoi (dakari), then SJ, then Q and Sabreth. Sorry for omitting SJ before.

Gerhart STC
High Councilor

Awarded:

Updated to include Rift and change in LP for WOW. Again, if anyone has additional detail or information to add, please respond to this post.
Gerhart STC
High Councilor

Awarded:

Updated for change in WOW LP. If there is anyone with additional information to make this more complete, please contribute. I would like this to be as complete a record of STC's history as possible. Each time I look at this document it reminds me of STC's beginnings and the legacy that each of us play a part in. I am grateful I have been a member of such a dedicated group of people.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> The Vault All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: