View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Gerhart STC
High Councilor

Awarded:

re: A Chronological History of STC

Below is a compilation of the information provided by STC's member to present the Chronological History of STC. The accuracy of the information is only as good as the memories/emails/data provided by the long-time members (especially of the early years). If you have further information to add, please respond to this post.

Note: The list is of the GP and LP's of the individual chapters but there were many more contributors to the health and longevity of STC the guild and each individual Chapter.

STC Grand Preceptor
GP - Max
GP - Itannar
GP - Max
GP - Alresco (2001/2002)
GP - Kirth
GP - Volenmere
GP - Thal (aka Stone)
GP - Jakoi (aka Dakari)
GP - SJ
GP - Qordin (2007 - Sept. 2010)
GP - Sabreth (Sept. 2010 - Feb. 2012)
GP - Casey (Feb. 2012 - March 2015
GP - Dakari (March. 2015 - August 2018)
GP - Qordin (Sept. 2018 - October 2021)
GP - Gerhart (October 2021 - )

Ultima Online (UO) (Atlantic Shard) - Sanctioned 1997 to 2004?
LP - Itanar
LP - Max
LP - Grunt
LP - Strider (1999/2000)
(Saints left UO for EQ around this time)
LP - Itannar
LP - Skirel

EverQuest (EQ) (Povar-mordenrasp) - Sanctioned 1999 to 2004?
LP - Max (March 1999)
LP - Javan-Denoby (Winter 1999/2000-May 2000)
LP - Yaroc (May 2000 to Jan. 2001)
LP - Kirth (Jan. 2001 to )
LP - Uzielen (2001 to)
LP - Alielgo
LP - Max
LP - Cabboli
LP - Muppin

Dark Age of Camelot (DAOC) - Sanctioned 2001 to 2002?
I know Alresco was LP of DAOC. (Edited, upon further thought I believe Alresco was GP during DAOC when Jim stepped down, as there was a major split he dealt with that we've chatted about.)
LP - Mandos (October 2001)
LP - Zeena
Desanctioned

Star Wars Gallaxies (SWG) (Kettemoor) - Sanctioned 2003 to 2005
LP - Santhos (first 5 months of the game)
LP - Jakoi (Aka Dakari) (18 months)
LP - Flastalf (6 months)
Desanctioned

EverQuest II (EQ2) (Unrest) - Sanctioned 2004 to 2008
LP - Jakoi (Aka Dakari) (14 months, 2004 - May(?) 2005)
LP - Yaroc (16 months, June(?) 2005 - Aug. 2006)
LP - Zetan (16 months, Sept. 2006 - 2008)
Desanctioned

World of Warcraft (WOW) (Lothar) - Sanctioned 2004 to 2005, 2007 to Present
LP - Sumner (2004?)
LP - Volly (turned down for sanctioning)
LP - Qordinn (5 months, January to May 2007?, Resanctioning effort)
LP - Javan-Denoby (May 2007 to Aug. 2007)
LP - Ara (September 2007 to ?? 2007)
(A split in the guild as a contingent of Saints left to start their own guild)
LP - Frad ( to 2008)
LP - Qordin (2008 to 2009)
LP - Sabreth (2009 to Feb. 2010)
LP - Gerhart (March 2010 - Feb. 2011)
LP - Qordin (Feb. 2011 - June 2011)
LP - Mortition (July 2011 - Aug. 2011)
LP - Gerhart (Sept. 2011 - Sept. 2013)
LP - Kindrik (Sept. 2013 - May 2014)
LP - Happeria (June 2014 - March 2015)
LP - Gerhart (March 2015 - October 2021)
LP - Fuldar (October 2021 - )

Rift (Keenblade) - Sanctioned May 2011 to January 2012
LP - Casey (May 2011 - January 2012)
Desanctioned

SWTOR (Jedi Covenant, [Canderous Ordo originally] ) - Sanctioned February 2012 to 2014?
LP - Dakari (Feb. 2012 - July 2012)
LP - Zetan (July 2012 - Sept. 2012)
LP - Droktavius (Sept. 2012 - 2014?)
Desanctioned

Last edited by Gerhart STC on 2021/11/11 16:15; edited 42 times in total
Peneloperose
High Councilor

Awarded:

I like the idea. I think it's a nice way to acknowledge the service of past officers. I would suggest adding the names of former LoS, BS, SBC... not sure how far we want to go with that and I don't think we need to put the dates on these other officers.

Awarded:

I may have an old guild timeline we worked on for the 10 year anniversary, Jim and I spent quite a bit of time on it and I think we picked Danny's brain as well (Itannar).

I'll see if I can dig something up, it had almost all of the old LP's in UO, EQ, DAOC, SWG, EQ2 and WoW (all were sanctioned games at one point or another).

Thal, Delph, Q, Javan, Yaroc (though he isn't in this forum) and Sumner would be good in this area as well.

Off the top of my head I believe Saint Max was our first LP in UO. Than Grunt I believe.

I know Alresco was LP of DAOC. (Edited, upon further thought I believe Alresco was GP during DAOC when Jim stepped down, as there was a major split he dealt with that we've chatted about.) (not sure on timeline as far as times)
Max was LP three times in EQ surrounded by Alielgo, Muppin

Santhos was the first LP of SWG (first 5 months of the game)
Jakoi was the second (18months)
Flastalf the third (6 months then desanctioned)

Jakoi was the first LP of EQ2 (14 months)
Yaroc was the second (4 months)
Zetan was the third (12 months)
than Desanctioned

Sumner was the first LP of WoW
Volly was the second (than turned down for sanctioning)
I believe Qordinn was the first LP of the resanctioning effort (5 months)
When Q left for a bit I can't remember if we browbeat Tark or Javan into doing it for a little bit than Ara I believe took over (Q correct me if I'm wrong).
I believe Ara was LP until the falling out where a few of us left and Frad took over. Not sure when Sabreth took over as I wasn't playing MMO's then.
Obviously Gerhart followed Sabreth.

We also did a timeline for GP's

I believe it started with Saint Max, I believe Itannar was also GP for a while, followed by a short run by Volenmere, followed by Thal, followed by Jakoi. When I left I believe SJ was
"GP for a day" followed by Qordinn who obviously is still GP. I'm not sure if there was any other GP's in there but I know a few of us served a couple years in the position so I don't think there was many more.

Guess I'll still try to dig something official up, but that's where my memory is at for now .
Qadariya
Qordinn Morte
High Councilor

Awarded:

Don't ask me about the timelines...

UO (Atlantic shard)...wow umm...someone other than me should do that, Max, Grunt, Strider during the break up between shards, Lord Itannar (Alresco and Itannar would be great input here)

I don't remember a thing about DAoC

SWG is spot on, as a side note, the guild that formed after STC was desanctioned (Alliance Armed Forces) was headed by Flas and later Feek (still is as far as I know). The city built by STC, New Hope, is still there on Naboo (the umm...server...yeah....Kettemoor, that's it)

let me see for EQ (Povar-mordenrasp) I know there was Max, then I believe it was Uzielen, Max again, Alielgo (or maybe it was ali, then max....), Cabboli, Muppin

EQ2 (Unrest) is as I remember as well.

As for WoW (Lothar)...I can't even remember who I handed it over to....but the rest is the proper sequence.

Cistern-Casey
High Councilor

Awarded:

I love server downtimes.. it seems to bring out awesome ideas like this..

oh and not to mention the sudden flood of member pictures...

Denoby
Javan-Denoby
Saint

Adding in some timelines I can remember off hand. I would suggest further posts are broken down short so compilation of data can be made easier.

UO LPs (Close to chrono order I cant remember dates though and prolly left someone out)
Max
Grunt
Strider 1999ish-2000ish (LP of UO around the time I was in EQ)
Alresco
Itannar (maybe)

EQ1
March 1999 Saint Max LP
Winter 1999/2000-May 2000 Javan-Denoby LP

DAOC
October 2001-? Mandos LP

WoW
Information already in Dakari post
Mayish-August 2007 Javan-Denoby LP

Last edited by Javan-Denoby on 2010/06/22 19:32; edited 1 time in total
Cistern-Casey
High Councilor

Awarded:

Mandos was certainly LP in DAoC, later to be taken by Zena before the breakup and desanctioning there.

Yaroc
High Councilor

Timeline....timeline...

EQ:

(not sure prior to Max - I know Alielgo ran the guild at one point, then Max took over, IIRC) I have a better memory for those that took up the reigns after I had to step down...

Max
Javan-Denobi
Yaroc (Was Adjutant General for Max prior to my promotion to LP)
Kirth
Cabboli
Muppin

EQ2:

I'm pretty sure I was LP longer than 4 months, hehe, it was certainly well over a year (Spring 2005 - Sept. 2006 when I stepped down for school). Zetan was my Adjutant General for quite a while, prior to his ascension to LP.

GP - Wasn't Alresco GP for a while? Or was he Grand Historian (or both?), I can't remember.... he might be someone we should contact for more information.

Last edited by Yaroc on 2010/06/23 21:27; edited 2 times in total
Denoby
Javan-Denoby
Saint

Yaroc remember about what date you was LP in EQ? I couldnt remember who took LP after me and I was thinking Max had it twice in EQ1. I think he Initally took EQ on to get it started then quickly turned the reins over to someone else b4 I took over. I cant remember who had it after me cause I quit playing EQ when I stepped down. Im not sure if it was alielgo but Im fairly positive it wasnt Max.
Also if anything I posted is different than anyone remembers post what you remember. Its been a long time maybe we can piece it together.

On the GPs, I was thinking Itannar was the first and was done when Max was an LP possibly shortly after we started EQ. This was done to create a centralized authority as we moved to a multigame guild. Then again I may have Max and Itannar confused in which role they had.
Yaroc
High Councilor

Unfortunatly, I don't have the old e-mails.... so I can't remember the start date... yet I remember giving up the position Jan 1, 2001, and Kirth took over.

Now that I think of it, I took over from you - you took over from Max. I know Max held the position twice during EQ1.

'Roc
Qadariya
Qordinn Morte
High Councilor

Awarded:

I know for a fact Uzielen was LP in EQ in January 2001, cause that's when I was inducted into STC. He left shortly thereafter as did my SA, Freana (I swear it wasn't my fault...that time).

Muppin was definitely the last LP and he was preceeded by Cabboli.

Now that I think about it, it must have been Uzie, then Alielgo as I became a BC under Alielgo's tenure. So I'm pretty sure the Eq line should be Max, Javan-Denoby, Yaroc, Kirth, Uzielen, Alielgo, Max, Cabboli, Muppin.

Cistern-Casey
High Councilor

Awarded:

I remember Uzi was LP when I joined as well there in 2001, as this was the same time that DAoC started up and Mandos was LP over there.

Gerhart STC
High Councilor

Awarded:

I have tried to interpret all of the information you have provided so far. I hope it is close to what you have filled in. Also, I have linked Wiki pages as some of us weren't playing online games and have very little knowlegde of these past games. It was interesting to read the histories.

Anyone who has any knowledge or knows of someone who has additional info, please contact them. I think this is an important history to share with all of our members. Unfortunately, some of the data was lost when the old website got hacked (2 websites ago). I hope to reinforce STC's history through this effort.

Thanks,
gerhart
Denoby
Javan-Denoby
Saint

Only change I see is swapping myself and Ara. Its Q, me, then ara.

UO was sanction from 97 to 02 i believe. I'm fairly positive it was recognized game, but it was not officially sanctioned due to lack of numbers and no recruiting efforts when we started SWG. I know we held onto it for a long time after it wasnt feasibly a sanctioned game since that is where we started from.

EQ2 04 to 08

WoW 04-05desanctioned resanctioned in 07 to present.

I think the EQ2 and WoW information is good.
Yaroc
High Councilor

re: EQ2

I was going through old e-mails trying to narrow down the timeframe of when I took over from Jakoi (Denari/Anasaro -- Chris, ).

I have an e-mail from May 2005 congratulating Dakia on becoming our Banker - from what I remember, I was managing a few roles including Banker before I took over for Chris. Additionally, an e-mail in June is when Chris was starting to play more and requested that he become a patron in EQ2 again, if we had room -- and I think that's when I promoted him to Battle Chancellor for raiding.

I made a mistake on my earlier post stating Sept 2006 as my end-date as LP -- it was actually August. I have an e-mail from Zetan (Gene) that confirms this, though it doesn't have an exact date.

So, my official term for LP in EQ2 was roughly 16 months, not 4 months as previously reported. Zetan would then be LP for the remainder of EQ2's sanctioning (~16 months)

Edit: As for EQ1, May 2000 is the right time-frame of when I took up the mantle of leadership -- I had just finished school, and was working in Sudbury at that time.

'Roc
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> The Vault All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: