Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> WoW Public Forums
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Boodikka!

re: My Favorite Moment as a WoW Novice

@ Goldoran  :  Wonderful post!  That's exactly what the SBC loves to hear a novice say about their first raid!!  Looking forward to 2014 being EVEN better.  (ps: I'm working on a more soothing tone.  Flight Attendant Boodikka has been most popular, but I'd like to mix in a bit more Valley girl for giggles)

@ Cayleigha :  I regret nothing!!!  Happeria!!

Zelsara

re: Re: My Favorite Moment as a WoW Novice

Chromia wrote:

My favorite moment since joining STC was on a Sunday morning, the week after Thanksgiving. A discussion started about board gaming in guild chat.

My wife doesn't play WoW, or any online games for that matter. Our fun time together is playing European style board games. Several of us chatted for nearly 15 minutes about various games, online site to buy games at, new games coming out this Fall, expansions, etc.

It was such fun knowing I'm in a that has offline interests that coincide with mine.

Looking forward to joining the Friday night new flex raid in January.

Chromia

Thank you for posting your favorite moment Chromia!  Sounds like an exciting conversation.  I don't think I was on during that time but definitely wish I would've been :D

re: Favorite things!

I wanted to relate my experience so far in the guild.  I (like others) haven't been in a guild like this in quite a while in wow or any other mmo's.  For years now, I've been in guilds where people log in only to raid, or they log in and only speak and play with a few of their friends.  Here, everyone is open and willing to group or play with anyone.  Raiding with you guys has been fun as well.  It's a no pressure, but get the job done kind of raid which is very nice.  Thank you to Messychick for being a great advisor/chatter :)

So really, I just have good feelings about this guild and enjoy logging in every day.

Tyrioz

PS BTW,

When Boodika starts screaming at Gromov on vent only to realize she had her mic turned on, I will change my favorite moment.

saltekoff

re: re: Favorite things!

For me it's a toss up. Yeserday was my first raid since rejoining WoW. It was extremely smooth and went pretty quick. Happeria was there blasting the bajezus out of everything and she did quite the excellent job of giving me a quick brief of the fights.

The other moment was a few days ago chatting with Em until well into the early morning. It was great finding someone else that get's startled playing WoW. You know, you are minding your own business, "Tralalalala, oh look a flower! I'll go pick it. *flower picking noise* *WAAAAAAARRRRRR* OMG LION!i1!! *pounce*" Then you jump, losing your spot on the keyboard and your mouse goes flying around with the view button held down and you are staring at the sky and you can't see what's attacking anymore and "You aren't facing the right direction." That. I hate that. But, at least I'm not the only one.

Oh Salty. I love the way you tell a story. It makes me giggle.

Evangist

re: My Favorite Moment as a Novice

I have to say that my favorite 'moment' has been the complete culture of the guild, from the time I started as a guest in the raids through the times as a novice.  I have been in quite a few guilds over the years and this by far has the most enjoyable for all types of the events. 

I guess my favorite moment(s) is the discussions I have had with the members on the technical aspects of each type toon.

Also I have to state the other item I have to mention that the way the raids are run with calm people where ' that happens' is considered ok and lets try again and get it right.

Evang

ESBVader

My favorite moment wasn't so much an event as it was a realization that occurred to me following a few conversations in game with other players.  Those conversations centered primarily around my son (Amulek) and an appreciation for his bearing and attitude.  

Having heard the same thing from a few, I became appreciative of 1) those that appreciate those attributes in others and 2) the online environment that's been cultivated that would allow him to play a game safely and not inundated with harsh language or trolling as is so common in other guilds.  We constantly monitor conversations in the games my kids play (Minecraft, SWTOR, etc.)  It's nice to be able to relax knowing that Amulek has team members in the guild that promote an encouraging environment.

Emmika11

THAT IS AWESOME!!! so glad you feel that its a safe and comfortable. :)  Well Said!

re: Favorite Novice Moment

There are two moments in the guild so far that have really stuck with me. The first was when I joined. As soon as I entered that roster I was greeted with such friendly and positive atmosphere. It was very refreshing after all this time out of a lively guild.

The second moment was during the first meeting I attended. Everyone was respectful to each other and enthusiastic to hear what things each member brought to the table. The dedication to keeping a calm and structured guild was an amazing sight that I will never forget.

Thank you for letting me be apart of this great experience. I look forward to an enjoyable time in STC. C: 

CoroSach

So this is about my favorite STC moment so far....

I want to thank everyone on the progression team for helping me have a fantastic time last night.  Even tho we did not down Garrosh last night, being able to come in and cold tank him made me feel extremely welcome and I thank you all for that.  I was very nervous about it but everyone was so positive and friendly about it that I really felt like I had found a great home here in STC, and it makes me want to do more stuff with everyone.  Tanking has sort of always been my niche in MMOs (I was a main tank for raids in Wrath, start of Cata.  In Rift I was the main raid tank for my guild.  I was a Paladin in Final Fantasy XIV as well) and when I came back to WoW I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to play catch up and be able to tank, but last night really reminded me how much I enjoy tanking!  I know that when we try tonight we will get him down.  

A special thank you to Tsuki for being patient enough to have a new tank show up and being very kind about helping with the start!

I look forward to many more great moments!

Emmika11

that is awesome sach...so glad to get to know you in game and you were awesome tanking!!

re: My fav. time as a novice.

Tonight, 5/12/2014,

The 10 man raid group was not able to run to make for a fun alt/flex night. seeing that we were able to 9 person a boss, and even give some people a chance to be able to try other things. While on alts we were able to clear wing 1, and for the most part did alright. I like when a group can come together and still get things done.

Greyvin/Leka

Emmika11

thanks leka

First I want to thank Zelsara for keeping me on track and being patient with me as i traveled.  But, I would say my favorite moment would be was joining The Saints for the ICC run.  I had done it before but it was great to hear folks just have fun and not worry about messing up.  It was refreshing to hear folks just have fun with the game.  I have been with guilds before, that only worried about ilevel, can you do it, and so on and so...  But to talk to folks love the game, is the reason I play.

Regards

The Darkarrow

PS..  Hope to see you all at Blizzcon 2014

Zelsara

Thanks darkarrow :)  It is definitely always a good time when fellow saints get together.  I am glad you enjoyed the evening with us and hope to see you join some more runs in the future :=)

Page 7 of 10

Jump to: