Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> WoW Public Forums
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Katrinia_STC

re: My Favorite Moment as a WoW Novice

I'd have to say my most favorite moment so far is sanosan running me through a LOT of dungeons. Helping me level up to where i am today. Also Keldor helped me with a few dungeons, an my boyfriend torrek ran me through a few of them too helping me level up. If it wasn't for them I wouldn't be where i am right now. Almost at level 85 within a few weeks. I did a lot of it by myself but a good majority of it was them helping me. I am now level 71 an soo determined to get to 85. But yea :p
Happeria

Having played for 7 years, there are a lot of favorite moments. The magical moments when you zone into a raid you've never been on before. Having nicknames that everyone refers to you as when you sign on or you join the vent channel (to this day my first GM whispers me with "Happi Happi Happi!"); hearing the tons of congratulations when you make the winning roll for that epic drop you have been hoping for. As vanilla was closing up and TBC was announced we started to want to finish up the classic instances/raids. I was told about this quest chain that started with a note that dropped off of a dragon in a zone I can't remember the name of (I don't think it exists anymore) so you could eventually get to UBRS or Onyxia? It's been so long now. So you go into BRD and you have to make your way all the way down to Reginald Windsor and he starts this quest chain. Eventually you have to run all over this dungeon (I am trying to not spoil the quest if people can still go back and do it) and it took FOREVER. But my little guild, you see, wanted to raid. That meant those of us who had done it needed to help everybody else, and that was a lot, a LOT of BRD runs. For the last 5 years or so my license plate has read LFG BRD because of it (now it's technically on Glangar's car, because mine seats more so I got LFG NAXX instead on it). As much of a grind it was I still have very fond memories of it. Happy

re: Favorite Moment, by Glangar's unwilling controller

I have several favorite moments, some are purely favorite moments of the game itself, others are experiences I've had *while* playing the game. I think the longest lasting favorite moment for me is the latter.

When I first started playing MMOs back in 2000 with Everquest, I've always been trying to catch up to my real life friends (or in my current case, spouse) in experience, how to play my class, gear, etc. This doesn't actually bother me one bit, it gives me a goal to reach, it makes me learn and be better and ultimately that benefits not only me, but those I play with. Well, I had been playing WoW for some time now, and I found myself in this situation again. It was around BC, and I was actually keeping up with most of my friends and I felt like I was advancing at a pretty good rate! I think my favorite moment came during this time, when some people started to actually ask *me* for some help and advice on how to play the class, what things I should look for, gear questions, etc.

Now, why is this my favorite moment? Well, I felt like I had worked hard enough that I wasn't just asking for help, but that I was finally able to *contribute* to the guild in a matter that to me felt more rewarding. I always felt I could contribute by running dungeons, being able to play my class well, etc. This, though, was different. I felt that all of my time and effort was finally going to be useful to not just me, but to others as well. Maybe my advice will help them advance, maybe it'll help them not have to pour over countless blogs and articles, maybe we can have more people advance enough so that we can run more fun dungeons, raids, events, etc. I was proud to pass along the help, and I was also proud to show others that hoarding knowledge gets you nowhere, it's all about how what you know and learn can benefit the family.

Unfortunately I was out for most of Cata, so hopefully with MoP I can again contribute and help the guild.
Happeria

I have been informed that I need to have a favorite moment since joining the guild. That would be the first meeting I went to. I have never been in a guild that did any kind of in game organized event, let alone one that was coordinated across to vent as well. The ceremony around those being promoted to Saints was so cool to see (in fact I was whispering with Meileiki about how cool it was as it was going on Happy).

re: Epic Fail

So because I fail at reading, I carefully ignored the part of the thread that asked me to specify a moment SINCE JOINING THE GUILD, DUH!

So my favorite moment so far came last night. I wanted to go on the new Theramore scenario, but I find out I needed an average ilvl higher than what I currently had. Now, knowing that the new expansion was coming out, I had previously not worked on getting gear upgrades as I knew it would be completely replaced by greens within 2 days of question in MoP. Well, in a panic, I scoured the AH and everything else. Well, a perfectly awesome guildie, Delph, was absolutely amazing and helped craft some key pieces of gear for me that were crucial in getting me to EXACTLY the minimum average ilvl requirement to run the scenario. Without their help, patience, and overall good nature, I would have spent too much gold, too much time, and been generally frustrated because I wouldn't have made the minimum with what was available.

It's this type of help, attitude, and willingness to see a fellow guildie succeed and have fun that has really proven to me how great this guild is, and how much I'm going to enjoy playing with everyone.
Peteypanda

re: peteypanda Most Memorible Moment

Hello, My name is Peteypanda (AKA Andrew) and i joined the guild recently... i may not have been a member for years, or been there for all the big achievements in the guild, but i have been there for a few, and there was one moment i'll never forget... It was the moment i joined the guild, i remember joining, seeing all the nice members, and bathing in the Welcomes... and I felt like i was wanted... I know that that sounds corny... but it's true... i hope to one day be on my deathbed, remember that day, and die a happy man.

Årcantos_Conflict

re: my favorite moment to date

Well where to start, I've been playing this game forever. Mainly Horde PVP. I had a friend talk me into coming back to play Ally PVE. At first I was put off by the whole thing. But after a while I decided to give it a shot, get in the whole PVE experience this go around. I always PVPed never dungeon ran or raided. So I'm looking forward to that, would also like to see if we could get in some old school raiding! I would love to see the raids I never got to do in the past. Well getting off topic sorry hehe. How I see this guild in a whole, everyone I've talked to seems friendly and willing to help. I've tanked with my paladin a few times with some guildies and had alot fun, but last week was a really nice experience. A call went out in guild chat, if anyone wanted to do a guild dungeon run. So I sent a tell and I was in the group. However they wanted me to be DPS and not tank. So I changed my spec and off we went. even though I'm specked prot/ret I don't really have any ret gear But I do have a 2hd axe(woot). So we killed and had a good time, even though my DPS was the lowest. No one made any rude comments about how my DPS wasn't up to par. thanks!

Much Love,
Årcantos
Martonejr

This is a bit overdue but here it goes. As far as a good memorable moment I have since starting to group with STC would have to be all the raiding! I was shock at how many and how quickly I was invited to join weekly raids for the current content.

In past guilds this was never the case and often members who wanted to raid such as myself were not allowed because other "higher" members were always chosen first.

The communication during raids is also great to hear. No ones seems to get to angry and raid leaders seem to have the patience for even the newest raiders. Happy
Saberfire

re: Favorite Moment Time!

Memorable moments hmmmm........

Although I have not raided with the guild to much as of yet the times that I have gotten the chance have been really fun! Even though I'm not able to make as many of the invited raid days its a really good feeling to actually get invited.

Even though I havn't raided to much with teh guild I have run a good number of dungeons with you crazy people Happy One night I remember our group of 4 was doing some heroics and we were all in vent. Everyone in the heroic EXCEPT that one random guy who was added to our group. I didn't have a working mic yet but was listening to the chatter on my headset. Wanting to be involved in the convo and respond to things I was typing my end of the conversation in party chat totally forgetting there was someone in our group that had no idea what was being said. I think at one point someone was asking favorite animals and so I was randomly typing GIRAFFE!!!! and PENGUIN!!!! in chat. The guy must have thought I was nuts Happy This may be one of those "You had to be there" stories but to me is was hilarious.
james.O

re: Hello

My favorite part about joining STC is joining a guild that talks that looks at you sees family. A guild that stands for something more then gaming. I fell at home when I get on to see everyone having fun talking my most favorite part about joining STC . Was reading all the cods and laws to read what this guild stands for. I was at tires for once there was something I could stand for in a game. Where all the people cared about in guilds was getting more people. Then the other to make and name a guild because its cool. And what I say is true I'm honored to be in this guild. It's not the best but its what I have to say Happy. I am James I am a Novice but I hope to be something more one day.
Vertue
VertueArdent
Saint

re: Final novice quest

I have enjoyed the hospitality of Sanctus Covenir for three weeks now, and I am very thankful for the friends I have met and the fellowships I've enjoyed. With Jethaya's guidance, I have fulfilled my first three novice quests for full membership as a Saint, and now I'm completing my last quest by telling the story of my favorite times with the Saints.

So many memories have already been made that it's hard to have an exact favorite, but there are two that stand out for me.

The first was when Happeria and I teamed up for a heroic and a scenario. We had a lot of fun peacemaking in the heroic (one of the random people kept yelling at the poor newbie tank), and the heroic ended with a pun. It was Scarlet Halls, and naturally I had to be a smartass when we killed Flameweaver Koegler, and said "It looks like this librarian has...checked out." Such a groaner, but such fun. The follow-up scenario, A Little Patience, had a crowning moment of awesome. The druid who was randomly teamed with us was helping me with one camp, while Happeria was alone in the other camp. She was attacked by an elite and called for help, so I ran across the map and came in at the last second to throw a Hammer of Wrath and finish off the enemy. It was cinematic awesomeness, and I will probably integrate it into my ongoing story as a sort of "how I met the Saints" (If Happeria approves)

The second was Achiev-o-Rama. It was a fun way to meet several more Saints and gather together to defeat older enemies and show off our ridiculous might. I hope that this week "Achiev-o-Rama II: This Time it's Not Achiev-o-Rama I" will be a similar success.

Thank you all for the welcome you've shown. I hope the Saints will consider me for full Sainthood and we'll have many good times together. Huzzah!
Boodikka!

Here I am, one month to the day I joined <STC>, ready to complete my last novice quest. My favorite moment Happy

Before this week, I would have probably written that my favorite moment was somehow pve related (getting to tank a challenge mode dungeon stands out). But life has a way of smacking you to the ground and it's amazing to find people that care.

Few days ago I was having one of the worst days I can remember. My kids were watching cartoons, husband was at work and I was just staring at the clock. A family member of mine is going through an insanely terrible health crisis and it's driving me beyond nuts that I can not help them. After looking around my house for anything to clean to keep me distracted, I decided to log in and PVP. My destination was Wintergrasp.

Now WG is barely played these days so I aggressively destroyed towers, killed guards and generally was a one woman wrecking ball for a good 15 minutes. During this time, Happeria logged in and I told her I was off to kill Archavon. We chatted for a bit in whispers and next thing I know I have a partner for two solid hours to chase after random pvp/pve foolishness.

We killed Archavon and all his buddies and then ripped through BC heroic after heroic. Somewhere along the way we both decided let's start working on the feat Hero of Shattrath. I had to drop my Jeeves and Moll-e portable mailbox multiple times during our grind fest. And I barely realized the time until it was 12:30, my mom was back home, and it was time for me to get lunch.

Happeria, thank you.

I would also like to thank Jethaya, Tyrrael, Stonestriker, and Lustrazsa for wishing me well and keeping me in their thoughts. This will be a long journey for my family, but I am hopeful Happy

- Kristin
Shuks

re: Favorite Moment

Although my liking of this guild cannot be narrowed down to one single moment, if I had to choose, it would be the moment I got a little present from my Saint Adviser, Lustrasza.
I was just getting my mail from the AH when I saw a message from Lust and was very surprised. Inside, I found an embersilk bag and the message was titled, A gift from SC. I was so glad to see the gift and it was the first thing anyone had sent me in WoW without a particular reason. It really made me realize the hospitality and the compassion that all of us have for each other here at SC and very humbled to be a part of this amazing guild.
Aside from that great moment, I find myself with full access to some very great and experienced minds on the guild chat. People there are always cheery, friendly, and full of helpful information and tips. I am very grateful for their enthusiasm and readiness to help any, and everyone.
I am honored to be a part of this guild and look forward to spending a lot of time here.
Thanks!!
Rhonny

Helloz all, my favorite moment while in STC is when myrranda, ravanera, and myself were destroying tempest keep trying to get ashes of alar XD. I did not know that me and ravenara would become best buds after that :D, we group up and do tons of different things almost everyday , hes a great and fun dude to play with. *cheers* ravenara!

I have tons of other memories that include alot of other guildies, mostly happeria, thawne, antillarea, bulud, and urlordopp. They are all amazing people along with the rest of the guild, always having fun times XD
Finwe_Setec

I don't have one favorite moment yet, but I do have a very memorable and fun time I'd like to share.

To preface how much this has stood out, I need to say that my favorite thing to do in WoW is raiding. The large group working together to take down the big bad boss...constantly beating him/her/it down until everything just clicks and we are victorious...that's what I love about the game.

Now, I'm not going to tell you about going into a raid, killing a boss, and winning the most incredible weapon/trinket/fur coat that has ever been. Not that we haven't done that as well, but....

My most memorable moment in the guild so far was my first guild meeting.

I'm not typically big on the role play aspect of the RPG genre, but this really stood out for me. The big guild gathering in-game, as well as the respect showed for the leaders running the meeting, it was all very cool. I enjoyed the presentation and the march through the city. For me, it was a good example of what the guild stands for: honor.

I'm looking forward to my chance to step forward and take on the new mantle of a saint of the true covenant.

---
Oh, and it doesn't hurt that I got to run a heroic scenario with Gerhart and Q afterwards. The 516 weapon was just a bit of icing on an already tasty cake.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> WoW Public Forums All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: