View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Emmika11

re: Origin of Your Toons Name

In high school there were 2 of of us with the same name so not to confuse the 2 of us called me "M" just "M" and her the real name so not to confuse the other person from each other. so wow doesnt allow that so i tried Emm so wow didnt allow that so i became Emmika  aka Emm

Alaeria

I had to change my original toons name from "Agaetha".  It was a random name, but I added the "ae".  My older toons all had to have an "ae" in the name.

Monknado

A Monk Tornado, named after the movie Sharknado.

Chambao

This band - The music style is "Flamenco Chill".  Chambao is a southern Spain word that means "refuge or shelter to spend the day at the beach or in the field with family or friends".  Shamanism, inner peace, chambao.

Antilerea

Anti-Alaeria.  Not a healer, but a DPSer.

Glangar

First toon to not use the "ae" style.  100% random generated.  I hate the name.  I wanna rename him to "Elbuzon", which is spanish for mailbox - Happeria CONSTANTLY sends this toon lockboxes to open...seems fitting ;).

As an aside, here's another video of Chambao: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1BZxiHGShg

Makes me homesick :(.  I've spent many nights in my youth hanging out at the beach at night, playing music and living.

Last edited by Alaeria STC on 2014/06/19 11:40; edited 1 time in total
Happeria

Happeria

Completely randomly generated name during character creation.  I liked it because it sounded like it would be a place that happy people would live.  Plus, you know, cute gnomes make people happy!

Happisham

Because people tended to call me Happi for short it was all I could think of.. I've had other toons starting with Happi before finding a cooler name for them.

Happichi

I totally ripped this off of Delphichi when MoP hit. :)

Isabelline

In Rift my characters were all named after strangely named colors.  I was excited to find there was a color that shared my daughter's name (Isabel) and she loved that it could shapeshift.

Holycurves

When I transferred my paladin to Lothar from Uldum the name I had (which I can't remember now) was taken.  I thought this was a fun way to be a "girl" gamer (because, you know, we don't exist!).. but sometimes it garners unwanted attention. :/

Enheduanna

Enheduanna is quite possibly the first known author and poet as well as was a High Priestess during her time.  I am fascinated by ancient history and once upon a time wanted to be an archaeologist.

Sarpanit

Sarpanit is a Babylonian goddess who was believed to be the creator of mankind and literally means "the shining one".  I thought it was a pretty appropriate name for a priest!

Ginerva Navarre: I'm a Potterhead, and Ginny Weasley is one of my favorite character, so I had to use her name. Except for an unfortunate typo which turned Ginevra into Ginerva. Regardless, she goes by Ginny, or Gin, and even sometimes Bean, but that's mostly from her family and childhood friends.

Avigaile Kraghammer: Not sure exactly where or how I came up her name, but it stuck with me, and is the name I use most often, after Ginny, whenever I need to name a toon anywhere. After a recent race change, I choose a new last name for her based on a Dwarven city from the Geek & Sundry Twitch show Critical Role.

Nikohl Harrington: The older of a pair of twin sisters to Ginny. I liked the name "Nicole", but needed to give it a little flair since the normal spelling was taken. The Harrington surname is from a series of sci-fi novels written by David Weber known collectively as the Honerverse Books.

Kayelee Zilwicki: The younger of the twins. Kayelee is named after the character Kaylee Frye from the tv show/movie Firefly/Serenity. Again, with the extra E since the original name was already taken. Her last name is also from the David Weber novels

Alecto, Megaira, Tisiphone Cogspinner: The triplets, who are Ginny's cousins, are named after the Furies from Greek mythology. The last name comes from combining a pair of words to make something sound Gnomish. And after I named them, I actually found an NPC with the same surname in-game.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> The Vault All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: