View previous topic :: View next topic  
GamerGeek322
Saint

re: Ambush

The Gnome saw her target over by the stables, he was brushing down a chestnut bay and facing away from her.  Creeping along a row of hedges, she remained hidden from sight as she drew closer.  Reaching a spot about 15 feet away, she peeked out from over the top of the hedge.  Seeing nothing between her and the target, she knew she had to strike from where she stood.  Cocking her arm back, she popped up and pitched her weapon at her target.

The back of his head suddenly exploded in a splash of red and he stumbled forward into the horse.  Holding onto the horse with one hand to remain on his feet, he ran his other hand through his hair.  Holding what was left of the tomato in it, he turned and yelled at the top of the lungs, "GINNY!!"

With a high pitched squeal of laughter, 10 year old Ginerva "Ginny" Navarre bolted away at full speed towards the rear of her family's manor house.  Looking over her shoulder, she saw her 17 year old brother Philippe begin to give chase, but he tripped over a rake.  It didn't stop him, but it slowed him down enough to gave her a few extra seconds to make a clean getaway.  Rounding the corner into the back yard, she looked for a place to hide herself.  The backdoor.  It was a stable-type door, and at the moment, the top half was open.  Building up some speed, she turned toward it and leapt up and sailed through the opening. As her mother walked into view.  Tucking herself into a ball, Ginny bounced into her.

Somewhat surprised to see her youngest daughter flying at her at a rather fast speed, Isabeau Navarre still managed to catch her and remain on her feet.  Looking down at the bundle in her arms, "Ginny?"

"Put me down Mum, quick!"

Dropping her arms, she lowered Ginny to the ground, and out of sight just as Philippe came barreling around into view.  She noticed the remains of the tomato on his head and sighed.

"Mother, did you see Ginny just now?" he asked once he saw her at the door.

Feeling a pair of small arms hug tightly around her lower leg, she sighed and replied, "Yes luv.  She just ran by and went around the corner.  What happened to you?"

Pulling another handful of tomato out of his hair, he tossed it aside and said, "SHE happened to me, again.  This is the third time in as many days."

Sighing again, she said "I'll have a word with her when I see her again."

"Thank you mother," he said as he pulled more of the tomato out of his hair.

Chuckling and smiling at her oldest child and only son. she then said, "Get cleaned up and run down the market for me please. I placed an order with the Steiners and it should be ready."

"Yes mother," nodding his head, he turned and walked away, pulling more of the tomato out of his hair and tossing it to the ground.

Quiet voice from below asked, "Is he gone?"

"Yes."

Holding a hand over her mouth, Ginny broke out giggling.  Until she saw the look on her mother's face.

Kneeling down, Isabeau tucked a lock of her daughter's red hair behind her ear and cupped her cheek.  "You have to stop bothering him Ginerva.  He's your brother and you need to show him some respect."

Sighing, she looked down at her feet, "I know, but...he's just so...stuffy and...bossy all the time."  Ginny looked her mother in the eyes, "He's always going on about how I'm not acting like a lady should be."

Pulling her into a hug, she rested her head on top of Ginnee's, "He just cares about you, he doesn't want others thinking badly of you."

"Yes ma'am," Ginny replied.

"That's my good girl," her mother said with a smile. Standing back up, she pulled out a pocket watch and clicked it open. "You better run off or you'll be late."

Seeing the puzzled look on her daugther's face, she continued, "You're meeting your aunt and cousins for luunch at their shop."

"Oh bother!" Ginny exclaimed.

"Indeed," Isabeau lifted Ginny into arms and settled her down on top of the bottom half of the open door. "Now off you go Bean, and have a good time."

Ginny gave her mother a quick hug and a kiss, "Thanks mum!" And hopped down and run off.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> The Vault All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: