View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerhart STC
High Councilor

Awarded:

re: WOW Chapter Meeting Notes - Oct. 2015

Welcome to the October WOW meeting.  There's some new faces and some old friends from the past.  With not a lot of new content, it's time to play alts or get those achievements out of the way.  Heck, even, I have an alt - yup, it's my Paladin Ody...  :-)  Blizzcon is on the horizon and I am sure many of us are looking forward to morsels of information on changes to our favorite classes as well as some of the new content coming.  We're still working on HFC normal and will hopefully get further as we continue to improve as a team.  

Remember, don't forget to keep track of guild chat.  It's not just for saying hello or grats, it's for teams to form for doing dungeons or raids or just grouping for Brewfest.  There's chatter going on so don't just put your blinders on.  Someone may need help and you may be the perfect person who's looking to help out.   

Broken record speech - With this time period, it is as usual a good time to recruit.  Some players have stepped away and guilds are not as busy as they were a couple of months ago.  If you have any friends who are looking for a guild or know of any guilds who may be shutting their doors, let me know.  STC does not poach players from another guild, but if someone asks, we are open with our intent to build up our family.  It's always important to build up so that we have more players on to do more activities as well as to fill out the raid team.  

Before we move into the Novice information, I want to tackle a serious subject.  First, we must always remember that there can at any time be kids in Mumble/Guild Chat and unless you know every player, it is best if we keep generally to family friendly language.  Many of our STC's members are adults and although we are, there can be comments which seem innocuous when spoken but can create sensitivities for members.  This is especially true of things which are adult themed.  Also, be careful and know that we are a mix of people with different sensitivities and that things can be taken too far.  I am not trying to police every comment, but I do want to keep people aware that sometimes we need to think before we open our mouth.  I do not want to make a mountain out of a mole hill and I can't decide for everyone if something creates a sensitivity.  So if there is something that comes up, please contact an Officer or myself. 

New Novices:

Flafferay

Shantarese

Schreech

Inductions:

Blinq

Officer Inductions:

Fuzzu

Award Nominations:

Fuzzu

Duty - Awarded those that have proven that they value STC, its Values and most of all her People. They put the extra effort forth and donate their personal and in game time to help make STC what it is today. 

Raiding:

We have gotten down Killrogg a couple of times, and I believe finalized our strategy to help us get him down more consistently.  This past Sunday the team pushed and pushed and improved as we tackled Gorefiend.  We started to have a let down as we fatigued but then nearly before calling it a night, everything came together.  A switch to change a one of our DPS to a healer (Thanks SJ!), and we made it to the 3rd Feast of Souls.  The health was getting lower and the raiders were all alive.  Space was running out, but we had him, just focus and get that last 10%.  In the end, Gorefiend was down and a couple pieces of Tier gear were handed out.  The fight is not forgiving and with only one Battle Rez, and it's from one of our tanks, it really pushed our raiders.  Credit goes to all of the players who worked hard and the BC's and Advisors who thought about and worked on the strats.    

Remember, the BC team will do our best to put the raiders in the best position and tailor a strat to our strengths, we need you as raiders to bring your enthusiasm and know-how to help us achieve the goal of destroying HFC on Normal.   

Item level requirement is now 680.  By now, our toons should be sufficiently geared, closer to 690.  It's time to buckle down and learn mechanics and how to play our toons to the best of our ability.  

I have continued to post the logs for raids to evaluate.  Please take a look and compare to those of similar class and spec to try and improve yourself.  

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: